Lost a member of the family today

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
lovemyraffe

Lost a member of the family today

Post by lovemyraffe »

With my new job giving me a company vehicle, the wife and I decided to remove a car from our garage. Anyone want to guess which one it is?
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
BlueCrush

Re: Lost a member of the family today (lovemyraffe)

Post by BlueCrush »

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - NOT DEATH!!!!!!!!Maybe the Suburban? or the Blazer? or the 510? or the Century? or the Jetta?lol
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

if it rhymes with vibe, there will be a uproar and we will get pitch forks.
kunkstyle

Re: (northvibe)

Post by kunkstyle »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »if it rhymes with vibe, there will be a uproar and we will get pitch forks.Says the guy that got rid of his.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
yotatrix

Post by yotatrix »

not good at guessing
808 Vibes

Re: Lost a member of the family today (BlueCrush)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - NOT DEATH!!!!!!!!Maybe the Suburban? or the Blazer? or the 510? or the Century? or the Jetta?lol Say it was the Jetta.........................pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Whelan

Re: Lost a member of the family today (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by Whelan »

I'm goin with Buick. Jetta is small gets good mileage, Suburban is needed for cargo, Vibe is still very practical for trips with some luggage, Blazer is small SUV.Geez I guess I would go either Blazer or Buick, who needs a Buick?
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
bull77

Re: (kunkstyle)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by kunkstyle »Says the guy that got rid of his.haha -- i'd go with 1 of the suvs
nygiantzz1

Post by nygiantzz1 »

You scared me with the thread title, I thought something happened to one of your dogs. You better not be getting rid of the Vibe, I'm guessing the 510 is going away, it looks like it needs more work than the others.
altimar

Re: Lost a member of the family today (nygiantzz1)

Post by altimar »

Quote, originally posted by nygiantzz1 »You scared me with the thread title, I thought something happened to one of your dogs. Yeah seriously, cars aren't quite family. You scared me too.
2007 Vibe: Wave monotone, Auto, sun & sound
northvibe

Re: (kunkstyle)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by kunkstyle »Says the guy that got rid of his.lol um hey! i did sell it to my sister though, so its still in the family. I get to see it on weekends
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

So which one is it? I'm sure it's not the vibe... if it was... I just sharpened my pitchfork.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
kunkstyle

Re: Lost a member of the family today (Kamikaze)

Post by kunkstyle »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »I get to see it on weekends Hahaha - you get visitation rights.Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Anyone want to guess which one it is?There's been a few ventured. How long are we going to be left in the dark?
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
808 Vibes

Re: Lost a member of the family today (Whelan)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Jetta is small gets good mileageBut it has been mentioned that they are expensive to service/parts.I guess he's gonna keep torturing us, while we keep sharpening our pitchforks, claws, etc....
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Ok, I've kept you in suspense for a while now...no it wasn't the dog, although I do have a story on that one. We sold our Jetta. Didn't get quite what I wanted out of it, but it spends so much time in the garage and doesn't move and now with a company truck, there really was no reason to keep it. Between my wife and I we put about 1,700 miles on the Jetta since January. Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Jetta is small gets good mileageGeez I guess I would go either Blazer or Buick, who needs a Buick?For being a car similarly sized to the Vibe, the Jetta doesn't get very good mpg's. On the freeway we would only get 29.Now for a sad story about our dog. Last friday night I had Loki in the back of my truck on a short leash. She decided that she wanted to take a closer look at the side of the truck. My wife noticed it and yelled at me to stop. I caught a glance of Loki swinging from her leash and bouncing off the sidewall of my tire. She slipped out of her collar and ran off into a field close by.She is fine. She has a few bumps and cuts and bruises, but she will be just fine. Scared the (insert expletive here) out of me. She didn't brake anything. I dropped her off at the Vet clinic this morning to get fixed, and they are going to take a closer look and make sure that she is ok.
BlueCrush

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Glad to hear Loki is ok. It always scares me when I see dogs in the back of open bed pick-ups. That's why you should have a portable kennel in the back of the truck.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I learned my lesson. She loves riding in the back of the truck, but she isn't allowed to do so anymore. I was driving about 60 mph when she decided to do that. She scared herself more than it scared my wife and I. I get to pick her up tomorrow and see how she is doing after her little surgery.
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »We sold our Jetta.YAY! What do I win? (j/k) I hope your baby is OK after that close call! I had one too, a couple of weeks ago-I USED TO put my dogs in a carry bag on top of the folded down front passenger seat, with the seat belt buckled through the handle of the carry bag UNTIL one night I on the way home from work and had to make a sudden panic stop. I guess the carry bag was a little bit open at the zippered side, and her big (removed) must've forced it completely open and she went into orbit. I heard BAM! Looked down, and she's on the floor, sitting on my laptop bag. I'm lucky she didn't go through the windshield. Got home, checked her over and she demanded her dinner and played with the other dog. This confirmed she was fine. After I gave her royal highness her cooked dinner, I dragged out the old dog show crate, dusted it off, put it in the back of the car. Next day, took the other dog to work (he had never been in a crate in his life) the whole way to work he would not even make eye contact with me..boy was he mad. Though they are pretty much used to it now.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »For being a car similarly sized to the Vibe, the Jetta doesn't get very good mpg's. On the freeway we would only get 29. got rid of the jetta. my buddy has an 06 2.0T and gets the same mileage i get on the highway. the jetta's gotta be getting way better mileage than the blazer tho so why not get rid of that?