Ford recalls 3.6 million

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
ColonelPanic

Ford recalls 3.6 million

Post by ColonelPanic »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/....htmlI was thinking just the other day about what a bummer it's been since Ford hasn't had to recall anything for burning up over the last few months. What a coincidence! On a "what the hell were they thinking" note, why did the engineers choose to make the fricken cruise switch hot at all times anyway?
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
joatmon

Re: Ford recalls 3.6 million (ColonelPanic)

Post by joatmon »

cp, thanks for the heads up. my son has a truck affected by that one.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

stupid ford..lol..only ford we've ever had was an older ford f150 i guess it woulda been..was back in the late 80's when we had it
binary

Post by binary »

Here's ford's site if your other car is one of them: You'll need your vin code (look from the outside of the car onto the dash on the driver's side for a silver metal tag).http://www.ford.com/en/vehicle...t.htm
Atomic

Re: Ford recalls 3.6 million (ColonelPanic)

Post by Atomic »

This just reminded me that Ford has had a problem with the wheel studs on a whole pile of current (maybe just the 2006?) Mercury Grand Marquis and Ford Crown Vic. They build them here in Ontario, at a plant just south of London, and my best friend is a repair tech there.He is one of a bunch that were called in during shutdown to replace the hub assemblies with correct ones, all at the supplier's expense.I don't know if there is a TSB or recall out, or exactly how many are affected, but he said its at least a couple of thousand.
05 Base Vibe, Abyss (also known as Black to un-Vibers)Auto, Power Pkg, 16" alu, 20% tint all around, Black powder coated roof rails (the anodizing didn't last in the sun)Member of S.A.V.E. (Secret Association of Vibe Enthusisasts)
jake75

Re: Ford recalls 3.6 million (Atomic)

Post by jake75 »

I wonder1. if this cruise control recall is at that sypplier's expenses. 2. how many owners of these 3.6 mil actually return for a repairI suspect that a lot of the recalls come out of the supplier's pocket (or perhasp the supplier's insuracne co.) but that could quickly bankrupt a smaller company and the car manufacturer is then on the hook for the expenses.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."