King of the Road

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Whelan

King of the Road

Post by Whelan »

Only 1,000 GT500KR (King of the Road) will be built!5.4-liter supercharged V8 w/ 540 hp and 510 lb-ft,
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
ajflan

Re: King of the Road (Whelan)

Post by ajflan »

For that kind of money, I'll take a corvette. I'm not the biggest fan of retro styling.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
GrayFox

Re: King of the Road (ajflan)

Post by GrayFox »

Vette FTW! ... sorry Ford
Whelan

Re: King of the Road (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Whelan »

Vette and Mustang are in a different class. I put the Vette more in Viper territory. Funny thing is the Vette started out its life as a Mustang competitor, but then moved the Camaro into that slot. Can't wait for the new Camaro's. I bet their retro design will look better than the Stang.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
VforVIBE

Re: King of the Road (ajflan)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by ajflan »For that kind of money, I'll take a corvette. I'm not the biggest fan of retro styling.Not only that, but the 400 horse Vette would whoop that. Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Can't wait for the new Camaro's. I bet their retro design will look better than the Stang.I agree
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Vette and Mustang are in a different class. I put the Vette more in Viper territory. Funny thing is the Vette started out its life as a Mustang competitor, but then moved the Camaro into that slot. Can't wait for the new Camaro's. I bet their retro design will look better than the Stang.Actually the 'Vette has been around since the 50's and was targeted at the original T-Bird. The Camaro was built as the GM's answer to the Mustang.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
NascarXprt

Re: King of the Road (K-NINE)

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Actually the 'Vette has been around since the 50's and was targeted at the original T-Bird. The Camaro was built as the GM's answer to the Mustang.Yep exactly how they did it.Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Can't wait for the new Camaro's. yea that and the new Challenger
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Whelan

Re: King of the Road (K-NINE)

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Actually the 'Vette has been around since the 50's and was targeted at the original T-Bird. The Camaro was built as the GM's answer to the Mustang.For some reason I thought it didn't sound right when I was typing it. But I figured I would get corrected. Now I remember this cause the T-bird went soft while the Vette got stronger.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Glad to be of service. I don't know crap about Vibes, but I know old school.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

The GT500KR will be a BLAST to drive. I hope I get a chance to see one. There was an artical on Blue Oval News yesterday that said the number of KR's is still under debate. Could be more, could be less. http://www.blueovalnews.com/in...d=530
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ohhh that gt500kr is sooooo hot. for the price mustangs are a fantastic little super coupe. vettes are way more expensive than them. but this stang might be costing close to a vette. the standard gt500 only has 475hp so this is a big bump of the hp.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

not a mustang fan.i'd go viper
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
GrayFox

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »not a mustang fan.i'd go viper for double the money
VforVIBE

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »not a mustang fan.i'd go viper Go Vette or go home
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
joatmon

Re: King of the Road

Post by joatmon »

Trailer for sale or rentRooms to let...fifty cents.No phone, no pool, no petsI ain't got no cigarettesAh, but..two hours of pushin' broomBuys an eight by twelve four-bit roomI'm a man of means by no meansKing of the road.Third boxcar, midnight trainDestination...Bangor, Maine.Old worn out clothes and shoes,I don't pay no union dues,I smoke old stogies I have foundShort, but not too big aroundI'm a man of means by no meansKing of the road.I know every engineer on every trainAll of their children, and all of their namesAnd every handout in every townAnd every lock that ain't lockedWhen no one's around.I sing,Trailers for sale or rentRooms to let, fifty centsNo phone, no pool, no petsI ain't got no cigarettesAh, but, two hours of pushin' broomBuys an eight by twelve four-bit roomI'm a man of means by no meansKing of the road.
tcam

Re: King of the Road (joatmon)

Post by tcam »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Not only that, but the 400 horse Vette would whoop that. Not by much. Maybe half a second difference on the 1/4 mileQuote, originally posted by joatmon »Trailer for sale or rentRooms to let...fifty cents.No phone, no pool, no petsI ain't got no cigarettesAh, but..two hours of pushin' broomBuys an eight by twelve four-bit roomI'm a man of means by no meansKing of the road.Third boxcar, midnight trainDestination...Bangor, Maine.Old worn out clothes and shoes,I don't pay no union dues,I smoke old stogies I have foundShort, but not too big aroundI'm a man of means by no meansKing of the road.I know every engineer on every trainAll of their children, and all of their namesAnd every handout in every townAnd every lock that ain't lockedWhen no one's around.I sing,Trailers for sale or rentRooms to let, fifty centsNo phone, no pool, no petsI ain't got no cigarettesAh, but, two hours of pushin' broomBuys an eight by twelve four-bit roomI'm a man of means by no meansKing of the road.what is that all about?
azsapphire87

Re: King of the Road (tcam)

Post by azsapphire87 »

Quote, originally posted by tcam »what is that all about?"King of the Road"Roger Miller, 1965? What can I say, I'm a country music fan (not so much of the new stuff though).
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by tcam »Not by much. Maybe half a second difference on the 1/4 mileyeah... half a second is HUGE in any race
mcgusto82

Re: King of the Road (azsapphire87)

Post by mcgusto82 »

Quote, originally posted by azsapphire87 »"King of the Road"Roger Miller, 1965? What can I say, I'm a country music fan (not so much of the new stuff though).I'm not a country fan, but somehow i knew that song. Yeah, a vette is still a bit more uper class. Unless ohers knew excatly what KING OF THE ROAD was, they would assume it's a STANG with a body kit.
tcam

Re: King of the Road (VforVIBE)

Post by tcam »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »yeah... half a second is HUGE in any race I just didn't consider a car winning by .5sec or less to be "whooping" on the other car. Say the corvette driver gets a bad launch. Now it's a tied race.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by tcam »I just didn't consider a car winning by .5sec or less to be "whooping" on the other car. Say the corvette driver gets a bad launch. Now it's a tied race.and say the Mustang driver dies of boredom half way during the race... Okay... if they 400 horse Vette will barely win... what do you think the 500 horse Vette will do to it?
tcam

Re: King of the Road (VforVIBE)

Post by tcam »

I'm not too sure the 400hp vette would win. The z06 runs a 12 flat and the '03 Cobra runs a 12.8. At least these are the times I remember reading, and have been told/seen when I go to the track. And I bet the c6 vette runs probably just the same as a '03cobra, if not, slower.Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »and say the Mustang driver dies of boredom half way during the race... whhat?