Hyundai Genesis Concept

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
AKLGT

Hyundai Genesis Concept

Post by AKLGT »

WOW. looks great. They are definitely improving their line up and image!http://blogs.cars.com/kickingt....html
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
mcgusto82

Re: Hyundai Genesis Concept (AKLGT)

Post by mcgusto82 »

Is it me or does the tail end remind you a mix between a 5 series and a 7? Looks elegant.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Rear wheel drive, V8, 300 (maybe 300+) horsies and somewhere around $30,000. Nice. It's a BIG car but from what I've read, the weight distribution is pretty well in check so it may actually be fun to drive.I've been looking forward to seeing this as the NY Auto Show, I've heard about this car for quite some time now.I'll be sure to get plenty of pics of it at NY!There's been rumors of a "premium" brand like Honda, Nissan, and Toyota had to make when they first wanted to sell luxury cars.. Not sure if they're going that route for this one. However this may just end up a Hyundai... They've sent letters out to 50 of their crappiest performing dealers warning them to shape up or the franchise rights will be yanked. Hopefully they can improve what dealer network they have instead of coming up with an all new brand to sell these under.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i believe Hyundai is on the road to make itself more of a name in the auto world. however, i do believe they should lose the Hyundai and go with a different name, to show they are indeed different. too many bad things or associated with Hyundai from their past. it would be a shame for them to lose would be consumers due to their poor reputation back in the day.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
MAVibe

Post by MAVibe »

good for Hyundai--- nothing cutting edge there tho'....
HISTORY:2006, debadged, Cosmo Racing SR, Megan Racing strut bar, Progress swaybar, custom VVT-I body decals, GrafxWerx engine cover overlay, front-end bra, WeatherTech visors, S2000 antenna, f&r mudflaps, roof spoiler, AND MODA R9's w/ 225/40/18 Yokohama Avid's....
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

I saw that on CNN the other day... looks pretty slick. A little better than their regular grocery-getter.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
ColonelPanic

Re: Hyundai Genesis Concept

Post by ColonelPanic »

There's been talk of a coupe based on this platform for some time now... Pretty snazzy!Saw the Genesis at New York, it was quite impressive.

Image Image
Pyro-Andrew

Re: Hyundai Genesis Concept (ColonelPanic)

Post by Pyro-Andrew »

loooks pretty nice but it loooks lik everything else on the road!!! thin k of the new camrys with the little thing in the hoood......... the aura as well......
Have: 2006 Pontiac Torrent. Perferred Package. Sun & Sounds Package. Blue Streak Color. Sirius Radio.
ColonelPanic

Re: Hyundai Genesis Concept

Post by ColonelPanic »

Figured I'd bump this one... The Genesis just went on sale in Korea a couple days ago. While it isn't quite the concept, it's still a pretty slick ride. They've released some specs and plenty of high res pics of the US version that will be here this year. They've made some good changes for us, the grille on the KDM version is awful and there are some with ten times the amount of woodgrain we'll get here. Starting under $30,000. Not bad for a nicely appointed, big, sporty RWD sedan.Engines - all run on 87 octane. 3.3L V6 268 HP/233 lb-ft3.8L V6 290 HP/264 lb-ft4.8L V8 369 HP/324 lb-ft 0-60 in less than 6 seconds.6-speed automatics (ZF 6-speed on the V8.)No word on fuel economy, probably not good. At least the emissions are clean. lol! All kinds of goodies - HID's that automagically turn with the car, smart cruise, rain sensing wipers, automatic windshield defogger, heated/cooled seats, parking sensors, backup camera, Lexicon audio system (like they put in a Rolls, heh) with XM, HD radio, navigation, iPod and USB support, 30 gig hard drive, and all kinds of other stuff. Pics here. And press release here.Not too shabby for some Hyundai, eh?

Attached files

Image Image
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

From one rumor I've heard being piped around is that Genesis is not the name of the car but potentially the name of the brand they are going to market. Hence there is no typical "H" on the front nose. Maybe they are waiting to unveil.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
ColonelPanic

Re: Hyundai Genesis Concept (Whelan)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Partially correct, but not in the US market. In Korea and China, the car is being marketed under the Genesis brand and have their own dealers. Here, it will be a Hyundai. Why they're doing that there and not here, I don't know.Which really sucks because of how stuck on brand names people here in the US are. You know people are going to write off this car no matter how good it is just because it's a Hyundai - they're still thinking about what was built 10-20 years ago and think nothing has changed. Distancing from the Hyundai name may help for some customers, but those who are against the brand will still know that the Genesis is just a Hyundai so the new name will do nothing. Bummer.Also, I guess since as few units as they plan selling (something like 20,000) it may not justify all the cost to establish a new brand and dealerships/service centers in the US.

Image Image
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

meh its still a kia/hyundai and they arent up to my liking. My roommate has a new accent and i dislike the interior quality a ton. The thing i do like, is they have the repair manuals on their website for free.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

From the SDIAS last month:
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
ColonelPanic

Re: Hyundai Genesis Concept (damronjr)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Holy crap, you got to see the Genesis Coupe up close and in person? Very nice! Thanks for sharing the pics, looks great.

Image Image
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Holy crap, you got to see the Genesis Coupe up close and in person? Very nice! Thanks for sharing the pics, looks great.Yeppers, very nice indeed!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
redlava

Re: Hyundai Genesis Concept (damronjr)

Post by redlava »

What's the deal with the jacked up rear-end? It ain't no '69 Camero. Lower it back down to normal and then you got yourself a nice looking car.