Vote on 1 of 3 of Chevy's new concepts.

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
NascarXprt

Vote on 1 of 3 of Chevy's new concepts.

Post by NascarXprt »

GM is leting you decide which one you like Chevy to "Roll With"Links to more imageshttp://www.gminsidenews.com/fo...47467 GM survey: GM's Poll BeatGrooveTrax
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
millster

Re: Vote on 1of 3 of Chevys new concepts. (NascarXprt)

Post by millster »

Donning my flame-proof suit, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if they produce "Groove" I would buy one.Something about it is just... kind of neat looking.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

Donning my Flame Thrower The Groove looks like a mini HHR to me...where's the "none of the above" option? ugh... desicions desicions...I guess I'll go with Beat... it looks like a sharp Aveo or Yaris
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

They all look like potential characters on a new Cartoon Network show...Ick.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I like the front end on the Beat, but it is only a 2 door. If it was a 4 door I would have picked that. The Groove reminds me too much of the HHR which I don't care for. The Trax is interesting to me. I could see doing some fun mods to that one. I picked the Trax. It kinda reminds me of a mini FJ Cruiser. lol.OK Maybe not, lol. But, of the three, I like the Trax the most.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
drunkenmaxx

Re: Vote on 1of 3 of Chevys new concepts. (BlueCrush)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

some minor changes to the trax and i would like it.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Puckman27

Post by Puckman27 »

the beat looks like the evil little sibling of the vibe!
2k3 Vibe GTAbyss/GraphiteTinted WindowsKenwood Head UnitRF Punch P1625 Components http://members.cardomain.com/puckman27
ramenboy...

Re: Vote on 1of 3 of Chevys new concepts. (Puckman27)

Post by ramenboy... »

i'm with bc. if itwas a four door, i'd be all over the beat. right now, it looks like a pissed off yaris.
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

the gminsidednews article says the groove and trax get 1 litre engines, the beat gets a 1.2 turbo.I agree with the preference for 4 doorshow about the mutant product of all three

Attached files
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

i'm sorry...i can't vote...i think i just threw up a little in my mouth..
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
b train

Post by b train »

Why!!! does chevy hate me? did I insult its mom?I am soo done with the bubble/hamtaro/cute car. Give me back the K-5 Blazer, Firebird, heck El Camino.They should just rename one of them the Citation and end me now
GrayFox

Re: (b train)

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by b train » Give me back the K-5 Blazer, Firebird, heck El Camino.um... the Firebird is a Pontiac I agree & don't like these types of cars but the sell alot of them and right now it's kind of the way to go....
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I like the Beat. It reminds me of a tree frog. Maybe it could eat all the bugs instead of them sticking to the hood. I would drive wearing one white driving glove singing, Beat it, just beat it.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I would paint the Groove gold and call it C3PO
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
ramenboy...

Re: (Atomb)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by Atomb »i'm sorry...i can't vote...i think i just threw up a little in my mouth.. hahahahahahahahahahahaa
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
MAVibe

Re: Vote on 1of 3 of Chevys new concepts. (ANO_Vibe)

Post by MAVibe »

Yeah--- I go w/ the Beat too---it goes along those lines of looking to be a more environmentally friendly vehicle--- looks like the FIATs they are making in Europe too. Compact. Quick. Agile. The other two just look too much like what's already out there in the US.
HISTORY:2006, debadged, Cosmo Racing SR, Megan Racing strut bar, Progress swaybar, custom VVT-I body decals, GrafxWerx engine cover overlay, front-end bra, WeatherTech visors, S2000 antenna, f&r mudflaps, roof spoiler, AND MODA R9's w/ 225/40/18 Yokohama Avid's....
MAVibe

Re: Vote on 1of 3 of Chevys new concepts. (MAVibe)

Post by MAVibe »

FIAT 500
HISTORY:2006, debadged, Cosmo Racing SR, Megan Racing strut bar, Progress swaybar, custom VVT-I body decals, GrafxWerx engine cover overlay, front-end bra, WeatherTech visors, S2000 antenna, f&r mudflaps, roof spoiler, AND MODA R9's w/ 225/40/18 Yokohama Avid's....
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yikes. not a fan of any of them. i'd have to say, all but the Groove. it's just too HHR. boring.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ColonelPanic

Re: Vote on 1 of 3 of Chevy's new concepts. (NascarXprt)

Post by ColonelPanic »

The Beat looks like a 2-door Honda Fit to me... It isn't bad. I think the Groove will be the winner in the end, it's a bit more tame than the others. It seems to pull off the high-roof, squared off wagon thing without looking too much like a bread truck, i.e. xB and Element.The other thing just looks strange, reminds me too much of a Jeep in the headlights. Don't like it.Chevy's putting these vehicles up on a site somewhere for people to vote for their favorite. ALthough I can't recall the addy for said site.So, I take it if any of these will be made it will be done by GMDAT in Korea (such as Aveo) since they were designed over there? Interesting little vehicles, I'm definitely turning into a tiny car fan. They're fun. Not fast, but good on gas and it isn't a prison sentence anymore driving any of these new small cars. Build one of them if not more, Chevy.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Chevy's putting these vehicles up on a site somewhere for people to vote for their favorite. ALthough I can't recall the addy for said site.Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »GM survey: GM's Poll
Psychobroker

Re: Vote on 1 of 3 of Chevy's new concepts. (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Psychobroker »

Looks like a bunch of Scion knock-offs I vote D, none of the above
NewNeptune

Post by NewNeptune »

That last one looks like an uglified Equinox. The second one looks like a strange combination of the HHR and the Aveo. And the first one looks like it came out of a Matchbox set.
2006 Pontiac Vibe Base, Automatic, Power PackageSony CDX-GT300Upgraded Horns
VforVIBE

Re: Vote on 1of 3 of Chevys new concepts. (ANO_Vibe)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »where's the "none of the above" option? +10,000 Reminds me of......smushed Piranha
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
breezd

Post by breezd »

eww... I agree with D.) None of the AboveThe front ends on each of them are all WAY too big
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
mcgusto82

Re: (breezd)

Post by mcgusto82 »

The looks like it might be fun and can steal some thunder from the Fit and ugly Yaris.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i voted for the beat, but in my opinion their all ugly
Whelan

Re: (mcgusto82)

Post by Whelan »

Umm, no, no and no. Gets his trusty can of MAP gas and igniter ready *click *clik *click.I do like the LED headlights used on the first and last one though. I can't wait for LED headlights, that and HIDs are all that will be on cars in the near future.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

i also agree with option d) none of the aboveGM and other american companies wonder why their sales are down and they're not making money. stuff is becoming overpriced and under featured and design is not taking a toll for the better
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

At least Chevy grew some nads, and is adding a little style to their cars. I'd take any of the three over the Cobalt (yaaaawn).
GrayFox

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »At least Chevy grew some nads, and is adding a little style to their cars. I'd take any of the three over the Cobalt (yaaaawn).bad thing is with these just being "concepts" they'll likely get the "try to please everyone without being too extreme" treatment before production
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i think the beat would look better if it had more of a longer nose..similar to the vibe..it just looks weird to have such a short hood with the long lined headlights..gotta admit the rims do look better on the beat then the other two
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

I stood next to an Aveo saturday and I tried to imagine a car 2 feet shorter. thats gonna be one small car.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

well now you know how the smart car feels..it's about 3 ft shorter then the aveo/wave are
TJinPgh

Re: (joatmon)

Post by TJinPgh »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »the gminsidednews article says the groove and trax get 1 litre engines, the beat gets a 1.2 turbo.Ummm, 1L engines? You're joking, right? How small are these things supposed to be?Given the engine choices, I suppose the Beat is the only realistic choice. Although, it'll never sell unless they make it with a 5sp option here in the states.The Trax would be cool with a bigger engine, though. Something like a Suzuki SX4 in size.Chances are, IF they were ever sold here they'd all have bigger engines. There's no chance in Hades that we'll see a 1L diesel any time soon.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

GM "Blown Away" with responce to these three small cars:artical here:http://www.gminsidenews.com/fo...49123
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

"blown away"??? That doesn't mean anything...certainly the voting doesn't, since there wasn't a "none of the above" option.Here's the latest voting totals, in case you're interested:I was able to vote for the Trax about 10 times within a minute or so. About 250 votes were added in that time...all for the Trax or Beat. None for the Groove (except for one I put in there to see if it was working).

Attached files
TJinPgh

Post by TJinPgh »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »Beat Not sure about GM, but it looks like VW may beat them to the punch on this one. This is apparently a prototype of a near REAR ENGINE sub compact that they are preparing to debut here and in Europe to compete with BMW's Mini.The price will certainly be right, $10k-$14k. Won't offer power steering, but ABS and a Sunroof will be available.
GrayFox

Re: Vote on 1 of 3 of Chevy's new concepts. (TJinPgh)

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by TJinPgh »Won't offer power steering,that's not going to fly well with us lazy americans I love the way the Beat looks... if only it didn't make the wheels look soooo tiny
TJinPgh

Re: Vote on 1 of 3 of Chevy's new concepts. (ANO_Vibe)

Post by TJinPgh »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »that's not going to fly well with us lazy americans Eh, don't tell people and most won't even know. Ford marketed both the Festiva and Aspire here in the states, both sold well (at times) and neither had power steering.The only time you really notice it is when you're driving around really slow, like when you're trying to parallel park, etc. Otherwise, I never even noticed it.Just make sure you keep your tires properly inflated.I liked the old rear engine VW Beatles (although they stopped selling them LONG before I was old enough to drive!). Those things went GREAT in the show. The only thing is that the concept car looks a lot like a hatchback. But, I'm not sure how that would be possible with a rear engine? Should be a lot of "trunk" space under the hood, though.
mistertwo

Re: Vote on 1 of 3 of Chevy's new concepts

Post by mistertwo »

the beat looks like the honda fit
mistertwo

Post by mistertwo »

if i ever get a tiny car...i want a smart car...with a hayabusa engine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8KdtuBBLM
TJinPgh

Re: (mistertwo)

Post by TJinPgh »

Quote, originally posted by mistertwo »if i ever get a tiny car...i want a smart car...with a hayabusa engine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8KdtuBBLMI can't imagine that being even remotely street legal.Beyond that, though, looks very cool.Of course, the Smart Car here in the US may as well be renamed the Dumbed Down By Bureaucrats Car.