Turbo Mini Van!

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
rasermon

Turbo Mini Van!

Post by rasermon »

1989 Dodge Caravan SE Turbo.A mini van that will beat almost all the cars on the road. http://www.turbovan.net/van.html
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
DopeVibeGT

Re: Turbo Mini Van! (rasermon)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

I would sell my car if I ever got beat by a woodgrained Caravan. LoL I dont see how he got 12.65 seconds from his mods. Maybe we should ask him to hook up a Vibe GT. LoL
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
NovaResource

Re: Turbo Mini Van! (rasermon)

Post by NovaResource »

I've seen them before. Gus Mahon's was the first and probably the most famous.http://pages.cthome.net/gus/mini.htmlht ... old.htmlHe also had a 12-sec Plymouth Acclaim:http://home.earthlink.net/~tmahon281/slugmobile.html
Faultline

Re: Turbo Mini Van! (DopeVibeGT)

Post by Faultline »

boost at 24psi! that is how he did it,but.... all the stuff about the high mileage on a four banger, .. he forgot to mention all the work on the internals...
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
d_m_kolb

Re: Turbo Mini Van! (Faultline)

Post by d_m_kolb »

Ya he's running 24 PSI!!!! He smoked that Z28. If I hadn't seen the video I wouldn't have believed it. That's got to be the ultimate sleeper!
DopeVibeGT

Re: Turbo Mini Van! (Admin II)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

But still. That quick from a Dodge 4 banger is impressive. Now, if it would be a Honda or Toyota, it would be different. But from a Dodge?? LOL Very impressive.
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
Guy in PHX

Post by Guy in PHX »

'89 huh . . . . ?Good chance that 4 cylinder was a Mitsubishi.
Just Passin' Thru
2003 Vibe/2009 Nissan Cube
NovaResource

Re: Turbo Mini Van! (Guy in PHX)

Post by NovaResource »

quote:Good chance that 4 cylinder was a MitsubishiYou are correct, it was a Mitsu engine.
NovaResource

Re: Turbo Mini Van! (silverawd26)

Post by NovaResource »

quote:Chrylser uses or has used a lot of Mistu engines, and I really do not know why?For the same reason a Pontiac has a Toyota engine: joint ventures. The Talon from the Eagle division of Chrysler was nothing but an Eclipse.
Herb

Re: Turbo Mini Van! (NovaResource)

Post by Herb »

I'm almost sure it was the standard 2.5l Turbo 1 engine.Gus did alot of amazing things with the 2.2 and 2.5 based cars.He was a great guy. Always willing to help and share what he knew. Didn't discriminate others based on what car they drove. A true car enthusiast, and a family man.RIP Gus.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Flip-Side

Post by Flip-Side »

quote:I would sell my car if I ever got beat by a woodgrained Caravan. Ooooo. Any car with wood-grained sides is the ultimate smack in the face. It looks so ghetto that I would never expect it to beat me.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.