Your First Car

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
viBert

Your First Car

Post by viBert »

My first car was an Austin 1100.48hp 60lb ft 0-60 mph 24 secs

Attached files
Base 2 tone Salsa, auto, power pack Mississauga, Ontario, Canada I'd rather be sailing but the Vibe makes me a happy landlubber.
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: Your First Car (viBert)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

Mine was a Chevrolet Cavalier '92 RS, 4 doors sedan, 4 cylinders, 3 speed auto tranny.

Attached files
PBFlash

Re: Your First Car (Sub-Vibe-R)

Post by PBFlash »

I had a 1973 Plymouth Volare station wagon with a slant 6 and a 3 speed auto.
Satellite Vibe GTMoons and Tunes Package with 6-Disc In Dash CD, Safety/Security/Power Packages, cargo mat. 35% tint all around (except windshield)18 in Motegi Racing MR8 Wheels/Nitto NT 555 225/40ZR-18 tiresStainless Steel Exhaust TipInjen CAIPics of my Vibe CarDomain.com
2fatty

Re: Your First Car (PBFlash)

Post by 2fatty »

1986 Mazda 626LX touring edition. Every option minus A/C.My dad gave it to me when I started university. Did I mention that it had 280 000kms on it. Still looked and ran great. He wasn't going to get much for a trade in so he signed it over to me. If only I hadn't turned left in front of that oncoming car one morning... Car was a total write off (luckly no one was injured).
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z-24
slbpsi63

Re: Your First Car (NSimkins)

Post by slbpsi63 »

'85 Dodge Daytona Turbo
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
csjrishere

Re: Your First Car (slbpsi63)

Post by csjrishere »

1977 Chevy Vega Wagon
Monotone Salsa, Moon & Tunes w/6 disc in dash, 16" Wheels
NovaResource

Re: Your First Car

Post by NovaResource »

1976 Chevrolet Nova, 2-door, was 250 straight-6: now 327 V8, silver with red interior (still have it)
KSNeptune

Post by KSNeptune »

It was a 1972 Honda 600 Sedan. 2 cylinders air cooled. The second I saw it parked near the service door at the back of the dealer's lot, I knew it was going to be mine. When new it was red, but that paint quickly faded and wore off as I waxed it. I had never been a "red car" guy anyway, so the natural (to me) color to paint it was blue. I consider it and my Neptune Blue Vibe to be cars I was genetically programmed to want. The poor Honda died of timing chain failure at about 52k. But it was a car I loved. The picture (if I succeed in attaching one) shows it dead in the back of my uncle's pickup. It was 48" wide exactly at the rear (less hubcaps) but wider in the front. So we had to back it in to fit between the truck's wheel wells. KSNeptune

Attached files
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: Your First Car (KSNeptune)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

quote:It was a 1972 Honda 600 Sedan. KSNeptune Piece of art
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

That picture looks like that Chevy Avalanche TV commercial.
KSNeptune

Re: Your First Car (NovaResource)

Post by KSNeptune »

quote:That picture looks like that Chevy Avalanche TV commercial.Yep, and when I first saw the chevy truck commercial I thought "Those Bastar?s stole my Ad Idea!" It goes to show you that there is nothing really new in advertising. The Chevy is clearly not the only pickup you can put a car in the back of. You've just got to find a damned small car. Yes, my Honda 600 was a damned small car. KSNeptune
cibomatto

Post by cibomatto »

1993 Hyundia Sonota (purchased 1998)HORRIBLE CHOICE!!!!!
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
d_m_kolb

Re: Your First Car (cibomatto)

Post by d_m_kolb »

I had a 1970 MGB GT. (British sport car) I loved that car. It was a hatchback not convertable. Sorry no pics.
Shadow Realm

Re: Your First Car (Admin II)

Post by Shadow Realm »

My first car was:1980 Toyota Tercel5 speed 0 to 60 in about 2 days!No A/C or any power anything!Yellow with a green spot coning through on the sidePaid $285 with 135000 milesTraded 2 years later got $500 and it had 238000 milesSorry no pictures
Abyss Monotone GT, 6 speed, Moon & Tunes, Power Group,and 16" Alloys. Soon you can see my Vibe GT at Shadowrealm's car pics but for now it is under construction!
camthecanuck

Post by camthecanuck »

1953 Chev 2100? 4 door. Cost me $50. My Dad was so worried he offered to buy me a Sunbeam Alpine instead. I wanted it to be my car so declined. I used to buy bulk oil from Dominion Stores (remember Domino oil?) and when I pulled up at a gas station it was check the gas and fill up the oil. I remember taking it about 200 miles to Toronto. It wouldn't start at first when I stopped near London, but when it did I soldiered on. Coming back I coasted in to a 401 service centre with the oil pressure reading zero. Time for an oil fill-up. Those were the days..
Camthecanuck from the wilds of Northern Ontario, Canada. Proud and happy owner of a Shadow grey Vibe base model with alloys, power and safety and security packages with standard transmission.
MrRich

Re: Your First Car (Shadow Realm)

Post by MrRich »

This was my first ride.It called the Trabant 600s.It was made in Germany.Of corse that was before I came to Canada.The car had a two cylinder,28Hp engine.The body made from some kind of fiberglass,weighted about 1000 pounds.Me and my friend build this one from two.I painted,yellow and blue(picture is bad).The max speed was 100Km/h.What a car it was!

Attached files
GenVibe Patriarch
Sputnik

Re: Your First Car (MrRich)

Post by Sputnik »

This is my 2000 Cavalier that I got in 1999. Didn't like the colour and it had no AC, but it got me from A to B when I needed it... well except for the time the gas gauge broke and it ran out.

Attached files
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
NY Pete

Post by NY Pete »

First car? 1978 Ford Fairmont. Top speed (as I tested it) at 76 mph. what a dog!!
'02 Jetta 1.8T Silver Arrow/Black Leathuh - Neuspeed turbo inlet pipe, 17" VW Exor wheels, euro Bora tails, Neuspeed Sofsport Springs, Bilstein HD's, Da'lan hitch'03 20thAE GTI #3494 Imola Yellow/Black Recaros - Omori/AWE boost gauge, HPA Motorsports Short shifter, Neuspeed 28mm rear sway, REVO programming, Neuspeed turbo inlet pipe, FK Badgeless grille, Kamei eyelids and one big fat grin
Guy in PHX

Post by Guy in PHX »

1st car - 1953 Hillman Husky. British 2 door tall wagon. Looked liked an old high top sneaker.2nd car - 1970 Citroen D-19 . . . it came from another planet.3rd car - 1967 Saab 96 , 850 cc, 3 cylinder, 2 stoke engine.Just a small sample of my old oddities. Still miss that Citroen.
Just Passin' Thru
2003 Vibe/2009 Nissan Cube
Stang2Vibe

Re: Your First Car (Guy in PHX)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Where did you guys ever find some of these crazy cars. Mine first car is a little less exotic than some of the others mentioned here. It was a 1989 Pontiac 6000 STE AWD. Very few were made, so I guess it was pretty rare. It was decked out and had all the options. Automatic load leveling air suspension, fully digital dash gauges, front driver and passenger seat power lumbars (3 in each seat), power tilting headrests (no joke), 8 way power driver seat, 6 way power pass. seat, 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS, fog lights, I can't even remember everything. It was a dark maroon color with gold trim and pinstripe. It was a 6000, but it was sweet! Too bad the ECM was fried and would cost over $2200 to replace. It was fun for the 4 months that I had it!
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
Triton

Re: Your First Car (Sputnik)

Post by Triton »

My first car was a 1988 Silver Chevrolet Cavalier. Automatic transmission, virtually no options and the paint was crappy (sun faded hood), but I still had headlight blackout covers and even put wheels on it.
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
kaybeejay

Re: Your First Car (Sputnik)

Post by kaybeejay »

1981 Mazda GLC Sport If I turned on the AC, it would stall. Manual moonroof/manual windows/ manual steering/5-speed. Ahh...the memories. 1987 Honda Accord Lxi Hatchback I bought it with 87000 miles and sold it with 187000 miles. Great car! Took me everywhere thru college and was always reliable. 2001 Nissan Xterra 4x4 Traded in the Honda for this. Alot of fun. Great for ski trips, mountain bike trips, camping trips, exploring the high sierra mountains, etc. I have never felt so much pride of ownership as I have with this. Joined 2 Xterra based car clubs and frequently go on Xcursions with them. I try to off-road a few times a year and I even competed in the Nissan Xterra Triathalon in Half Moon Bay, CA. The Xterra has only been around for about 3 years, and its already got a "cult-like" following on the internet. (see http://www.xterraownersclub.com 6000+ members and still growing) This is my current primary vehicle and my "backup car" is the Vibe. 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Hmm... I guess I have never owned a car with a trunk? Everything on this list is a hatchback. My brother works for Nummi and he turned me onto the Vibe. My dad and I agreed to split a Vibe GT 50/50. Now I use the Vibe save some gas and have some fun on short road trips.
2003 Shadow Vibe GT and 2001 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Vibe Rater

Re: Your First Car (kaybeejay)

Post by Vibe Rater »

1st car: 1965 Buick Skylark 310ci V8. 2 Speed slip & slide Powerglide Auto tranny.

Attached files
Rico Rose

Re: Your First Car (Vibe Rater)

Post by Rico Rose »

Mine was a 1966 MGB. Bought it in 1974, patched up the rust holes with bondo, ordered a replacement convertable top (JC Whitney $49.), and got a genuine Earl Sheib paint job for $19.95. Couldn't have it painted the original red because red wasn't one of the choices, too expensive for red pigment in the paint...
2006 Vanilla PT Cruiser Touring Edition.
KSNeptune

Re: Your First Car (MrRich)

Post by KSNeptune »

quote:This was my first ride.It called the Trabant 600s.It was made in Germany.Of corse that was before I came to Canada.The car had a two cylinder,28Hp engine.The body made from some kind of fiberglass,weighted about 1000 pounds.Me and my friend build this one from two.I painted,yellow and blue(picture is bad).The max speed was 100Km/h.What a car it was! It's scary how much your car looks like the Honda 600 I had. Common name (600), two cylinder engines both, similar headlight/body shape/roof rack, etc.. Perhaps Honda, trying to get into the car market, simply stole (or bought) the design look and specs from that company. My car body was metal, except for the plastic trunk lid, but weighed 1150 if I remember correctly. The 600 may have stood for displacement in CCs. Anyone know what an old (early 70's) 600CC motorcycle engine's horsepower rating was?KSNeptune
Vibe

Post by Vibe »

My first car a 1968 Cadillac Coupe de Ville , it had the high compression 472 CI which was 375 horsepower and all the toys even newly introduced option--FM Stereo. Gosh I loved that car!! When I retire from GM in 4 years I am going to find another like mine and give it a ground up restoration. Picture taken--May of 1974 James
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

My first car was a 1987 Subaru GL (aka The Little Red Japanese Piece of S***) I beat the hell out of that car.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
drb22

Re: Your First Car (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by drb22 »

My first car was a 1987 Volkswagen GTI 16V. That was a great fun car. My second car was a 1996 Volkswagen Golf. As my wife would get tired of me saying - that cars has been from Key West to Washington State. After college I drove around the country, slept in my tent, and lived on peanut butter for a few months. Never did the golf leave me sitting in our seven years. My third car - 2003 Pontiac Vibe! I sure wish I had this car for some of my extended road trips of younger days. I also sure wish I had the time now for another extended road trip. Although, I think my wife would be totally pissed if I quite my job to drive around the country, but maybe it’ll be ok if I tell her it'll just be a two month leisurely drive through Canada up to Alaska this summer. Can you spell d-i-v-o-r-c-e?
Shadow Vibe - two tone (almost no need for the monotone in this color IMHO) - slate interior - power package - moon and tunes - abs - 16" aluminum wheels - and the GD on the radio! http://www.cardomain.com/id/db_vibe
Intron Depot

Post by Intron Depot »

My first car (back in 1982) was a 1974 Pontiac LeMans 2 door with the "radial tuned suspension". Huge car with lots of power.
Faultline

Post by Faultline »

mine was a 61' vw bug....0-60...sometimes...
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
DopeVibeGT

Re: Your First Car (Vibe)

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Whered ya keep the anchor on that thing??? LoL I'll take the Chevelle SS behind it. Looks like a 68 or 69?
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
NovaResource

Re: Your First Car (DopeVibeGT)

Post by NovaResource »

quote:I'll take the Chevelle SS behind it. Looks like a 68 or 69?It's a '69. Next to it appears to be a Nova (can't see enough of it to be sure), a '69 Camaro, a 70's Dodge pick-up and 2 VW bugs on the end. That sure dates the picture for me.
Vibe

Re: Your First Car (NovaResource)

Post by Vibe »

quote: That sure dates the picture for me.Yea it is a dated pic--Taken in Clovis , New Mexico in May of 1974.I can't recall that car behind mine but I'll have to think on that , but "Yes" it does have the roof line of a Nova---probably was..but not sure. James
NovaResource

Re: Your First Car (Vibe)

Post by NovaResource »

No, not dated that way. I meant that it was easy for me to tell when it was taken: mid 70's .
philndz

Re: Your First Car

Post by philndz »

1986 Volvo Shaggin-Wagon AKA: 240dl 256,000 miles and going strong when some guy slammed into it and busted the axel....goodbye. that car was bad-(removed)....i miss it. even had heated seats!! sob sob...then got a 93 jeep grand cherokee....another really awesome car...joined the jeep club and got that baby deep into the woods on a regular basistraded the jeep for the vibe....yey!
2003 Shadow Vibe Base 5spd - 53,000 MilesFlowmaster 60 series exhaust - Short Ram Intake SystemKonig Kaliber 17x7 Rims w/ 225-45-17 Kumho Ecsta 711's - Hotchkis Springs - Progress Rear anti-sway Bar My Vibe is FOR SALE: $8900
MYKIDSGT

Re: Your First Car (philndz)

Post by MYKIDSGT »

For highschool graduation my dad bough me a 69 VW Bug.It needed a new front beam. I pulled one from a junk yard and replaced it. It had Rear pop-out windows, I slammed it to the ground, I think the front beam was around 1 & 1/2 inches off the ground, so street reflectors never had a chance when I came around.Stock chromies,1600cc, dual delllorto carbs, stinger exhaust.Ah, my first love, she was air cooled Old VW's never die, They just fall apart !
MYKIDSGT VIBE GT ABYSS POWER/MOON & TUNES19" MILLE MIGLIA RIMS MICHELIN PILOT SPORT # 225/40ZRPics are Here http://members.cardomain.com/mykidsgt
Herb

Post by Herb »

I bought my first car on August 25, 1987, it's an 87 Dodge Shadow, 2.2l NA, with automatic, and 4 doors in a "Graphic Red"It did't have alot of punch, but boy do I have alot of memories over the years. Though it looks like a compact sedan, it actually has a hatchback.A few years back, I picked up a used 88 Dodge Shadow 2.2l Turbo 1 as well, 2 door 5 speed. I had planned on making this my project car with ideas of 300hp and 13 second 1/4 mile, but never made the time or put the money into it.Unfortunately the Shelby CSX never was available in Canada, or I might have tried to get one. Shelby modifed Shadows from 1987-1989.All in all, when I decided to get a new car this past January, I had a set list of criteria, and all were based on my Shadow, and very few vehicles fit the bill.I almost made up my mind on getting a Mazda Protege, then I tried a Vibe GT. I even test drove it home one night. The following week I bought my monotone Neptune GT.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Kangaroooski

Re: Your First Car (Herb)

Post by Kangaroooski »

My 1st car was a 1979 Ford Mustang notchback. It didn't have the hatchback it had the trunk, but because it was Fords sporty version instead of calling it a coupe it was a notchback. At first it had the 5.0l 302 v8 3 speed auto, w/ posi traction, after I blew up that motor I dropped in a Boss 302 out of a 1971 mach 1. After the motor I had the car painted "porsche white" (hi gloss) and put a 1967 mustang hood scoop on it, but the fun part about it was with the light rear end I could squeal the tires at all 3 shift points when getting on it hard . Man that thing really flew. I had it for about 2 yrs and sold it when I found that the oil leak I had was comming from a small crack in the bottom of the block . As far as all my other cars they are to numerous to list.
Kangaroooski 2003 Neptune Vibe (base) 5-speed 16" alloy wheels Thule playpen basket Hidden Hitch DeBadged 2004 cladding installed LETS GO RED WINGS 2004 Yamaha FZ6 with satellite navagation
pmh013

Re: Your First Car (Kangaroooski)

Post by pmh013 »

First car: 1984 VW Rabbit, gas, 3 spd auto, grey. I loved that car. Had original paint, and except for a few rusty spots, was in awesome condition. Mechanically, it was a tub. Eventually got into a lot accidents, then I cooked the motor. Bye, bye, Bunny!2nd car: 1979 Plymouth Caravelle, V8, yellow. Wrecked it about 45 minutes after I picked it up ... no oil pressure after that, always drive with one foot on the gas (hey, Bunny had that problem, too!).3rd car: 1979 Buick LaSabre, same yellow. Exactly the same car as above, but with a better motor. Had to borrow the rear end out of the Caravelle. Had 8 track player, with tapes!3rd car: 1985 Dodge Charger, still yellow (what's the deal with 3 yellow Dodges?). Had either 360000 or 460000 km on it when I sold it to my cousin; we don't know because the odo only showed 5 digits.4th car: 1999 Ford Explorer Sport. I really liked this one too, but traded it in on the Vibe because I was goin' broke putting gas in it. That's all!
2003 Satellite AWD Two Tone, traded off at 180,126 kmNow the (fourth) catalytic converter is someone else's problem Now driving a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan
Pawel

Re: Your First Car (pmh013)

Post by Pawel »

First car: 1976 Volvo 265 DL Wagon - died at 328,000 milesSecond car: 1981 Volvo 245 DL Wagon - died at over 250,000 milesThird car: 1991 Volvo 940 turbo: damn I loved this car - it was a perfect rice killer. The turbo was running at around 10 to 11 psi, which in turn killed the inline 4. It was dropped, very nicely done stereo.Fourth car: 2000 Acura 3.2 TL - sweet ride!Fifth car: 2003 Vibe GT - Fun!
2003 VIBE GT ABYSSMODS:AEM CAI PHILIPS BLUEVISION
Vibegrrrl

Post by Vibegrrrl »

my first car was a 1977 Dodge Aspen...the Slant 6 had grunt.I wish I had a picture of it now. I have attached and old ad for the Aspen/Volare

Attached files
Base AbyssMonotone5 speed manualmolded splash guardsBadge overlays by Grafxwerks16" Aluminum...impatiently waiting for turbo...
Vibegrrrl

Re: Your First Car (silverawd26)

Post by Vibegrrrl »

quote: Lots of torque on that puppy. Really fun to drive too. I loved having the rear wheel drive....
Base AbyssMonotone5 speed manualmolded splash guardsBadge overlays by Grafxwerks16" Aluminum...impatiently waiting for turbo...
meathead333

Post by meathead333 »

mine was a 85' pontiac 6000, poop brown, 4 door. it rocked.
My myspace.com profile My 73' Bronco Cardomain page
Dan

Re: Your First Car (meathead333)

Post by Dan »

My first Car... THIS CAR (I'M 24)Vibe 2003 !!!!!!!!
Base 5 speed Satellite Orbit Remote Starter/5Doors
ColonelPanic

Re: Your First Car (meathead333)

Post by ColonelPanic »

LOL! I remember checking out a late 80's 6000 STE one time... That thing had so many friggin' gizmos and gadgets it was unreal. Power everything, digital gauges, trip computer, yada yada yada. It was cool...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Dan

Post by Dan »

I live in the city... but my parents live in a small city about 1 hour south from here... I did my high school over there. My parents live near the school.. so I was walking each day to go to school. During this time, I've save some money (instead of buying some craps like some of my friends.) Four years ago, I moved here to do my University... I'm still living at the same place and it's near the university, so I could walk to school each singles days. Yes, I had to walk 30 min each days (15 min to go and 15 to come back) .. even in the winter, but it worth it for what I've got now !! (a brand NEW car) I have some very cool parents so I could borrow there car. Two summer ago I even went in Ontario (Toronto) for 2 month with my mom's car (1998 Ford Mystic) (My parents were travelling in the US so they didn't need this car for the whole summer (they use my Dad's car.. a 1992 Ford Aerostar).
Base 5 speed Satellite Orbit Remote Starter/5Doors
JimScolaro

Post by JimScolaro »

My first car, a 1962 Dodge Dart, bought in 1970 for the 200 bucks. It had a push button automatic transmission on the dashboard.Anybody out there remember this car, not many of us "old timers" out there.
Jim Scolaro, Salsa, Power, Moon & Tunes, 16" aftermarket alloys, Cargo Box
red

Post by red »

my first car was a used green 1967 jeep wagoneer, called the jolly green jeep. it had a huge strawberry decal on the back tailgate to hide a 3" hole someone punched in it....my dad took the car back 'cause his amc station wagon broke down...then i soon discovered big block v-8's with my used '67 GTO nothing like the first time feeling of a 400 bb with its 4-barrel singing, smell of burning rubber....sob! wish i would have kept in, sob!
Chris_W

Re: Your First Car (JimScolaro)

Post by Chris_W »

quote:My first car, a 1962 Dodge Dart, bought in 1970 for the 200 bucks. It had a push button automatic transmission on the dashboard.Anybody out there remember this car, not many of us "old timers" out there.I had a school mate who drove me to our first after-school job. He had a Plymouth Valient with that same push-button transmission on the dash.
Chris W.2003 Vibe GT -- Six-Speed, Salsa, and Slate