Your First Car

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
scherry2

Re: what was your first vehicle (BlueCrush)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Mine was a 1964 Chevrolet Impala 4dr land pontoon It was pretty much stock except for headers and exhaust. 283/V8. It was a fun car.ooh I had a SS I'll try and find pics. it was a tech school project in 1976 body was shot but it flew. I think I paid $300 for it. lol
KNINE

Re: what was your first vehicle (VforVIBE)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Booo!!! After Just Kidding, your car looks great.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Mine was a 1964 Chevrolet Impala 4dr land pontoon It was pretty much stock except for headers and exhaust. 283/V8. It was a fun car.I had a '63 Impala 2 door, red on red. I was doing a ground up restoration, but I had to sell it when I got divorced. I had to choose between the car and the mortgage. I miss that car more than the ex.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
CountryVibe

Re: what was your first vehicle (scherry2)

Post by CountryVibe »

My first car was a 1985 Dodge Ramchager 360 4 barrel holley carb 4x4 I got a whole 10 mpg any where I went
2005 GTmoons & tunes, keyhole covers, SRI,2.5" borla catback exhaust, seatbelt beep deletedWagons Rule.......Sedans Drool
18stars

Post by 18stars »

1971 Toyota Corona. It was originally sky blue. Later I had it painted silver and black, and then finally painted red. I put lots of wear and tear on that car!
__________________________________Current Vibe: 2007 Stealth
darcmater

Re: (18stars)

Post by darcmater »

well a couple of you had some pretty new first cars, out of curiosity did you wait that long to get one or you actually that young and lucky enough to have gotten a new car for your first?
VforVIBE

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »1976 Chevy Camaro 305 2 barrel carb. I bought it when I was in the Navy.We demand pictures!!!
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
keithvibe

Re: what was your first vehicle (darcmater)

Post by keithvibe »

82 Chevy Chevette great on gas... even back then but don't even think about turning on the airconditioning ... lol
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Blueridge9

Re: what was your first vehicle (keithvibe)

Post by Blueridge9 »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...r.jpgA used 1974 Dodge Dart with a V8 engine and wing windows, no a/c, no power windows. It had power. It was gold with a tan interior similar to photoI also loved a red VW KarmannGhia coupe that my sister drove. Similar to photo http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...e.jpg
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neouka

Post by Neouka »

1987 Honda Civic.Purchased it in 2001, sold it in 2004.1.3L, 5 sp manual. 68 hp of awesomeness.I miss that car, my brother says he sees the guy I sold it to still driving it around...
03 Abyss Base, not 5 .. 6spd!2012 Focus soon...
Kamikaze

Re: what was your first vehicle (Neouka)

Post by Kamikaze »

only pic I could find of my first car....85 Mustang GT 5.0 5spd..

Attached files
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
Burns1210

Post by Burns1210 »

1991 Chevy Beretta...sportin' the green tint! Had 250k miles the ol' girl when I took her in and she was still running strong.

Attached files
2008~Auto~Platinum~Monsoon~Sport Package
asburydan

Post by asburydan »

It was a "Henry J" which I purchased before my senior year in high school for $115. It was small car, produced by Kaiser-Fraizer clearly before it's time and certainly before small cars were nearly a necessity. My parents sold it during my first semester away at college (freshmen couldn't have cars on campus) without telling me they were going to do so even though I bought it with money I earned in my summer job. Going to college was a financial burden so I guess they used the money to help me do that. I still have the chrome cursive "Henry J" emblem that was on the car.
asburydan - moved from Vibe to 5th Mustang.
Burns1210

Re: what was your first vehicle (Burns1210)

Post by Burns1210 »

Ah ha, just figured out how to post a pic...I think.[IMG][/IMG]
2008~Auto~Platinum~Monsoon~Sport Package
jimincalif

Re: what was your first vehicle (Burns1210)

Post by jimincalif »

1978 Fiat 128 3p1300 cc, 4 speed, 65 hp. No radio, no AC, no power steering
"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill---------------------------------Who is John Galt?2 Vibes, 03GT & 07 base (kids drive)1993 Lexus LS4001980 Fiat Spider
jake75

Re: what was your first vehicle (jimincalif)

Post by jake75 »

1955 Chevy Belair 4 dr sedan turquoise and white V-8 AT in 1963. Gift from my dad. Sold for $250 in 1965.Next was a 1957 Lincoln Premier 4 dr sedan black in 1965. Paid $750. No air conditioning. Next was a 1964 Cadillac Deville Convertible- white - in 1966. My memory is not too good on what I paid for this - best guess $3,000.Next was a new 1967 Cadillac Deville Convertible - gold - MSRP $6700; paid $5700.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
BlueCrush

Re: what was your first vehicle (Kamikaze)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »only pic I could find of my first car....85 Mustang GT 5.0 5spd..Looks like it is lurking in the shadows, waiting to attack!!!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
rsaxman

Post by rsaxman »

2000 Ford Taurus
isaaclud

Post by isaaclud »

1984 Plymouth Reliant....4 cylinder..THE K CAR!!!!! in baby blue.....(I got this car when i turned 16...in 1994)I put that thing through HELL.....wowi dont have any exterior pics....just interior picsof us doing........stupid things....I'll NOT post them
PEACEISAAC
pick41

Re: (isaaclud)

Post by pick41 »

1983 Mercury LN7 (EXP) Black, 5-speed, 4-cyl, 20% tint, 2 seater.Bought in 1991 for $200 with a motor in a box in the hatch @ 15, rebuilt it with my dad & grandpa. Had way more money in the subs than the car. Sold it in 1995 for $750. I hated that car. But wish I had pictures of it.
Pick2004 AT, AWD, Moon & Tune2006 - Mazda5 Touring1998 CBR 900RR RIP 10/97-8/08
Vibe_dude

Post by Vibe_dude »

My first car was a 85 Chevy Cavalier..what a great lil car....2.0 in it,throttle body fuel injected.whooping 97 hp.2 speakers in dash,AM radio.woot woot.....ah the good old days....use to drive it like it owed me money.lol
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Looks like it is lurking in the shadows, waiting to attack!!! Or it could be hiding!
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Kamikaze

Re: what was your first vehicle (VforVIBE)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Or it could be hiding! oh no... never hiding... always lurking... looking for it's next victim...@ 16 not too many of my classmates had cars that could take it... even the newer mustangs couldn't...
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

For being 34, i haven't had many vehicals.. 1. 92' VW GTi 8v2. 99' Subaru RS3. 94' Chevy Astro4. 03' Vibe (not actually "mine")5. 00' Subaru RS/WRX
moongdss

Post by moongdss »

BC drove a Land Yacht!!!My first car was a '79 Celica... yes, I did that to it. This was my first car-mod those flames. I loved that car!!Please ignore the mullet-sporting high-school ex-boyfriend. No, I didn't go to highschool in the 70's, I just happened to buy an older car. This car was so fly, the AM/FM crapped out, so I velcro'd a walkman to the dashboard with walkman speakers to play casettes. When i left the car, I un-velcro'd the stuff and locked in it the glovebox. I invented the removable face security feature lolz!
Pandora the 2006 Pontiac Salsa Vibe, 17"wheelsMods: tint, "Pandora" windshield decal, front badge skull overlay, rainguards, hoodguard, Projectorz headlite covers, black painted grills, FIAMM dual-tone horns, black grafxwerks overlays, redouts, Genvibe decals, splashguards, scangaugeII, 12v console outlet, DRL interrupt and I turned off that @#$% seat-belt beep! upcoming: red interior LEDs
KNINE

Re: what was your first vehicle (moongdss)

Post by KNINE »

I used to bugie an AM/FM cassette player to the head rest of my Datsun pickup because the radio was broken. It was my version of the Pontiac Fiero seats with the speakers built in.
RIT

Re: what was your first vehicle (K-NINE)

Post by RIT »

1963 Pontiac LeMans with a 194.5 cu. in engine (it was a 389 cu in that was cut in half to make a 4-cyl). It had a 2-speed automatic with the shift-lever monted in the dashboard, and the transmission (or was it called a transaxle) was actually in the rear. Kind of like a Porsche - al least that's what i told my friends.
ColonelPanic

Re: what was your first vehicle

Post by ColonelPanic »

I don't have any pics of it anymore, but you get the idea with this one. Make it white with dark blue vinyl top and a dark blue interior and you've got it.1982 Monte Carlo, bought it when I was 14. It was 10 years old and only had 84K on the clock. Absolutely a land yacht of a car yet didn't have much room inside. Only options were air, tilt, 4-speaker analog tune AM/FM (that didn't stay in there long!) and a crappy vacuum operated cruise that never really worked right. Bought it for cheap as a fixer-upper (valve cover gasket leaked oil and caused a small engine fire! ) Fixed it up with some wiring harnesses from the junkyard, new fan shroud, coolant tank, etc... Didn't take much. Only evidence outside that something happened was some bubbled up paint on the hood. Later on had it repainted the same color with base coat/clear coat paint. 3.8L (229 cu. in.) V6 with crappy 2-bbl computer controlled carb - something like 110 HP which matches what my present day Hyundai Accent churns out. (removed)! It did have 160 lbs of torque though, but with that much heft it was hard to get that car to move. Even after yanking out the stock PROM and putting in a performance chip, back in the day when you could do that stuff! 15-20 MPG.I kinda miss it. Some redneck bought it after I had traded the car in... And nauturally, they severely molested the poor thing. It didn't deserve that.

Attached files
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
sloth

Post by sloth »

1964 Chevy Pickup. My brother and Dad restored it, then my dad bought it from my brother when he wanted something newer. My sister then totaled it. My dad and I restored it again. I drove it for 4 years and then we sold it. Still on the road. It had about 250,000 miles on it. I loved that straight 6.
KNINE

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »We demand pictures!!! Sorry, I can't find any. I didn't own it for very long. It lost a battle with a tractor trailer. Poor car. Luckily I did better than the car.
moongdss

Post by moongdss »

My second car was an '86 Pontiac Fiero! Sadly, no speaker seats Wow, maybe I was destined to have a Poyota afterall??
Pandora the 2006 Pontiac Salsa Vibe, 17"wheelsMods: tint, "Pandora" windshield decal, front badge skull overlay, rainguards, hoodguard, Projectorz headlite covers, black painted grills, FIAMM dual-tone horns, black grafxwerks overlays, redouts, Genvibe decals, splashguards, scangaugeII, 12v console outlet, DRL interrupt and I turned off that @#$% seat-belt beep! upcoming: red interior LEDs
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Sorry, I can't find any. I didn't own it for very long. It lost a battle with a tractor trailer. Poor car. Luckily I did better than the car.Aww... Poor puppy At least you're ok, I hear tractor trailer aren't the best vehicle to get into a wreck with... BTW was color was she?
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Aww... Poor puppy At least you're ok, I hear tractor trailer aren't the best vehicle to get into a wreck with... BTW was color was she?Just a few months ago, my GF ahd a run in with a tractor trailer... It was even a Porpane truck, and lived to tell about it.... She was getting ON the highway and the guy didn't/couldn't get over, she thought she could stomp it and make it out in front..... didn't quite happen that way... She's missing the drivers side mirror on her GMC Jimmy, and has some nice rubber markes that run just below the windows...
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I got T-boned, and not the kind that goes with A1. Live and learn. I have the scar to remind me. The car was dark brown with tan interior. It might not sound good, but it looked really nice. Mmmm t-bones. Now I'm hungry for steak.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by jimincalif »1978 Fiat 128 3p1300 cc, 4 speed, 65 hp. No radio, no AC, no power steering I kind of like this car. I kind of have a thing for orange cars. Do you remember what year this picture was taken? Was it RWD?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

My first car was a new 1998 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4 cyl 2 door... green. I bought it myself, when I was 19 yrs old. In HS and 1st yr in college, I drove around my folks 1983 Toyota Tercel wagon. Great little car!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
KNINE

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by KNINE »

So it was your idea to combine the two and create the Vibe?
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

lets see first car 1976 fiat 131 mirafiori. 4 cylinder, dual overhead cams. that was a fun car. started to rust away within a year and a half
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I got T-boned, and not the kind that goes with A1. Live and learn. I have the scar to remind me. The car was dark brown with tan interior. It might not sound good, but it looked really nice. Mmmm t-bones. Now I'm hungry for steak. Like this?Hey man, it's a Camaro, you just can't go wrong, and that my friend is a classic color... now if you'd told me it was hot pink paint with purple interior, then we'd have a problem... Please tell me you at least got it on the passenger side, my little accident still gives me the willies, I can't imagine getting t-boned.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Afraid not, I got hit in the driver's side. You'd be surprised how much door glass can fit in a person's ear!I wish my car looked as good as the one in your photo. Same body style, but more of a chocolate brown. Mine was still stock. I never got the chance to mod it.
starmatt

Re: what was your first vehicle

Post by starmatt »

When I started driving I shared a nice 1981 v8 plymouth with my older brother (ours was all white): As a senior prank, we toyed with the idea of putting a friend's mg midget in the back (we were pretty sure it would fit if we took out all but the front seats), but by my senior year, ye olde plymouthe voyager had passed away.A couple of guys on the football team did pick up the midget and put it in the middle of the road sideways though . . .
VivaVibe

Post by VivaVibe »

1958 Chevy Bel Air, 6 cyl, standard shift on the column, aqua and white, purchased in 1964.
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage
rcdphs

Re: Your First Car (viBert)

Post by rcdphs »

2006 Pontiac Vibe Base
bull77

Re: Your First Car (rcdphs)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by rcdphs »2006 Pontiac Vibe Base ditto
jimincalif

Post by jimincalif »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I kind of like this car. I kind of have a thing for orange cars. Do you remember what year this picture was taken? Was it RWD?That's a picture I found online. I don't know if I have any actual pics of it anymore. Maybe in a box someplace. But mine was also that same orange.A good way to describe this car is "It is better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."It was FWD, all the 128s were FWD, I think Fiat was one of the early adopters of the transverse engine FWD layout. What I really wanted was a 124 spider. But could not justify the extra $2000 price and the insurance on a "sports car" for a 19 yr old driver.I still like the looks of the 124 even today.
"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill---------------------------------Who is John Galt?2 Vibes, 03GT & 07 base (kids drive)1993 Lexus LS4001980 Fiat Spider
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

98 s10 with 200k miles on it.......still runs too think it has about 230k on it now
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
DeClerq

Re: what was your first vehicle (hskater26)

Post by DeClerq »

1991 Mercury Tracer LTS
'09 Mazda5 Grand Touring'04 Vibe - M&T, Power Package, Protection Package
kartrac3r

Re: what was your first vehicle (DeClerq)

Post by kartrac3r »

1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe (currently being Resto-modded). Love this car, hopefully will never have a reason to get rid of it
05 Vibe
06 HHR LT2
86 Grand Prix 2+2 Aerocoupe
vhoward1122

Post by vhoward1122 »

My first car was a 1968 Pontiac Executive, 400ci v8, auto trans mission, and A/C. Passed everything on the road except gas stations. Of course, when I owned it, gas was only 90 cents a gallon.
voltz35

Re: Your First Car (viBert)

Post by voltz35 »

My first actual car thats mine is my 05 VibeGT. I call her the Psychotic Vibe
Vibe and 2 Border collies.... what could be better?!white 2008 Toyota Siennagrey 2006 Lexus RX350black 2005 Pontiac Vibe GTblue 1998 Ford Focusred 1965 Shelby Cobrablue 1965 Shelby Cobra