Pics with Canon T3

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
Mariachi

Pics with Canon T3

Post by Mariachi »

So I bought myself a Canon T3, not a T3i unfortunately, but still a great camera over all.

Here are some pics I took of my car with the 18-55mm lens. I also have a 55-300mm lens as well. Been ordering more goodies for the camera and lovin it! Hope you enjoy the pics. And for those with the questions about my wheels... yes... I sold them. Sold them to another vibe owner with a GT, just in case you didn't see my garage thread.

MrHatchWagon

Re: Pics with Canon T3

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Nice pics, you must really be having fun with that camera. Any kind of post-processing?
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

MrHatchWagon wrote:Nice pics, you must really be having fun with that camera. Any kind of post-processing?
Not yet. I will probably have to get a new computer first and then order Adobe Photoshop. I currently only have the Microsoft Picture Editing program which isn't all that great but does the trick for editing the contrast and brightness a bit and size of the image. Also helps with cropping but not that much as well. I am a big time newb though. I have no idea how to really edit a picture like most others probably can on this site.

I am having too much fun with the camera. Only had it for less then a month and already over 1000 pics in my sd card. im going to need a LARGE external hard drive shortly. getting close to 2000 pics. most of my pics are from my daughters soccer games. I love the sport mode. takes great moving shots!
LarryKingsShoes

Post by LarryKingsShoes »

I'm a little late to the party but I wanted to chime in. Those are some great shots, man! I've got a Canon T2i and it's a really fun camera. The kit lens isn't as bad as I was expecting but you gain a lot from better stuff. If you haven't looked at it already, check out the 50mm f/1.8. It's incredible for the price (about $100). It feels kind of cheap but very useful and quite sharp. It's the only extra lens that I have right now but I'm looking at a 28-250mm f/3.5-5.6. It's a little pricey but there are some good deals showing up on eBay. I'm still exploring my options, though.

How do you like your 55-300mm? You mentioned shooting some soccer games; is that the lens you use? Is it fast enough to keep up with the action?

In regards to post-processing, you should check out ArtWeaver. It's free and does quite a bit. It was my go-to editor up until I bought the Adobe Creative Suite through my school. ArtWeaver is arranged in a similar fashion to Photoshop so it makes it moderately simple to make the jump up to the Adobe suite. There are other options but ArtWeaver really impressed me.

If you want something that you don't have to install, Adobe actually offers a dulled-down, online version of Photoshop. I haven't had to use it on my computer but I have used Photoshop Express on a tablet and it was pretty nifty. It should be enough to get you off the ground and do more than the integrated Windows editor.

It's been a few months since this post was made. Do you happen to have any updated photos? It'd be cool to see how you've progressed with the camera over the last two months.

Either way, keep having fun with the DSLR! Your shots are looking good so far. They're way more fun than any point-and-shoot camera I've ever picked up.
Kenwood KIV-700 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS (Front) - Polk Audio db651s (Rear) - Alphasonik PMA640HCA - Kicker ZX750.1 - RE Audio SE Series 12" Subwoofer
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

lol. surprised I got another post. :P

Yes. I have been using manual mode a lot more lately. Took some sick drifting shots as well. Here is some of my more recent work.

Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

I hope some of these photos answer your question. :) the 1st two and the bbq pit fire are with the EFS 18-55mm factory lens and the canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 lens for the rest of them.

I personally like the quality of photos out of the 75-300mm lens better than the factory lens so I do want to get a better lower mm lens.

I also have some other goodies like the hoods for each lens and the remote for the camera. I am going to be ordering some polarizing filters as well.

next bit step is to go with a flash. going to get the vivitar 285hv flash. Also going to get the vertical grip.

I am having a lot of fun with this camera. understanding flash is something I want to learn more of but never get good chances to play at night.
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

i'm in line right behind ya, homie.
I just got my Nikon D3200. Almost grabbed the Canon T3i, but the D3200's 24mp over the T3i's 18mp was a big part of my decision.
Going into Graphic Design, I feel this will come in handy.

I have the kit lens (18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G)
and then I bought a (55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G) as well.

don't really know how to use this bad boy yet, but I'm jumping right in.
millster

Post by millster »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:i'm in line right behind ya, homie.
I just got my Nikon D3200. Almost grabbed the Canon T3i, but the D3200's 24mp over the T3i's 18mp was a big part of my decision.
Going into Graphic Design, I feel this will come in handy.
Not that I don't support Nikon over Canon (though I do like them both), I just hate to see someone who is going into a graphic related field falling for the megapixel myth. I'm a professional photographer and still shoot with a 6mpx Fuji S2 and an 8mpx Olympus E500. My Oly E-5 and Nikon D800 are my workhorses, but the old guys have some graphic character that the new ones just can't match. Unless you're shooting photos for billboards, anything over 15mpx is largely unnecessary and you actually lose dynamic range and contrast to tiny pixels needed to attain the density on the little silicon wafer.
Don't get me wrong, I love the 3200 and think it's a great camera (you'll be glad you got the Nikon) just sharing a little bit of knowledge gained over the years. :)
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
AustinG

Post by AustinG »

Nice shots dude. I'm jealous of that g37 owner.
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I wish we lived closer to each other dude.
Same goes for a LOT of ppl on the forums tho.
loads of photo opportunities