PHOTOSHOP Request

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
JetBlackVibeGT

PHOTOSHOP Request

Post by JetBlackVibeGT »

Is it possible for any photoshop geniuses out there to do me a giant favor? I wanted the lower front bumper of my Vibe wrapped with CarbonFiber. I have a buddy that works at a vinyl wrapping shop and I could get a discount. So I wanted to see what it'd look like wrapped rather than spending money on getting it painted. thanks guys
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in their government."
A Psycho Martyr

Re: PHOTOSHOP Request (JetBlackVibeGT)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I could do a solid color, but I'm not good enough to do a pattern on it.I like the all black tho. Why not just get your friend to do the hood and the roof?
JetBlackVibeGT

Post by JetBlackVibeGT »

I thought about doing that. But the main reason for wanting the lower half wrapped is it was hit by something falling off a guys truck. So i need to buy another one (found an unpainted one for 60bux) and thought wrapping it would be cheaper than painting it
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in their government."
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (JetBlackVibeGT)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

OOOOhhhhhh, I seethat's a pretty good idea.If he doesn't charge too much maybe just try it out
Chuck McKnight

Post by Chuck McKnight »

Do you have an image of this particular carbon fiber texture? That is, a flat image of the texture itself, not an image of something wrapped with it.
My Twitter | My Facebook
06pvibe

Re: PHOTOSHOP Request (JetBlackVibeGT)

Post by 06pvibe »

From that distance CF will simply look black. The Texture won't look like anything. You have to be closer for it to appear "different," or in other words, the texture to pop!!And yes, it is very hard to do a CF PS. I have tried also and the results even in a closer picture are just OK. The best way I'd found was to overlay a picture of the texture in question over the item.I think what you have in mind will look OK though.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Chuck McKnight

Post by Chuck McKnight »

I can do a basic photoshop of what he's looking for. It won't be perfect, but it should give him an idea of what he's looking at. I just need the right texture first.
My Twitter | My Facebook
JetBlackVibeGT

Post by JetBlackVibeGT »

Sorry guys, im super busy with work and family and I'm just getting back to you all. Pretty much a gloss carbon fiber, Ill see if I can find something and get a closer shot of my front bumper so you texture will be visible. Thanks for everyones responses btw, I appreciate all the help
Chuck McKnight

Post by Chuck McKnight »

I don't so much need a shot of the bumper. The shot of your car should work fine as far as that goes.I just don't know what this particular carbon fiber texture looks like. There are many different carbon fiber textures out there with different shades and in different scales. I can grab a default texture to use, I just can't guarantee that will look like your texture.
My Twitter | My Facebook
Chuck McKnight

Re: (Chuck McKnight)

Post by Chuck McKnight »

Here it is with just a basic sample texture.

Attached files
My Twitter | My Facebook
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I think he means he wants his lower bumper in carbon fiber, not (just?) the bumper extensions.
JetBlackVibeGT

Post by JetBlackVibeGT »

Kitt is right. But that looks awesome! if you could do the lower half I would be in your debt..And here is a closer pic b4 the accident:
Chuck McKnight

Post by Chuck McKnight »

My bad. I figured by "lower" you meant the lower half of it. Is there an upper bumper then? I'll try to do that for you some time tomorrow. I need to head to bed soon.Are you wanting the lower part all along the side too, then, or just the bumper?
My Twitter | My Facebook
JetBlackVibeGT

Post by JetBlackVibeGT »

hey Chuck, thanks again for helping. Pretty much everything in yellow if you can
Chuck McKnight

Post by Chuck McKnight »

Here you go.

Attached files
My Twitter | My Facebook
Serj22

Post by Serj22 »

The size of weave is a bit large, but it emphasizes what you're trying to "see" otherwise even at this distance it still looks gray. I used multiple pieces to simulate a "wrap" to follow curves. Not the greatest ps, but It's been a while since I've been at it.
Pioneer HU2 x D3tAK tweeters in stock location (M&T)4 x Diamond Audio D162.5i1 x Pioneer TS-W309S4 SubPolk Audio Pa330 (To drive Sub)
JetBlackVibeGT

Post by JetBlackVibeGT »

Amazing, thanks a lot for this. I decided its what Ill do. I appreciate your help