Home made Freddy Glove

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
PHXLavaVibe

Home made Freddy Glove

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

With Halloween quickly approaching I decided to try my hand at making a Freddy glove. I used 26gauge Steel for the blades and fingers. I cut everything out of sheet metal and formed it by hand. I added a bit of my special effects makeup to the glove to give it a slightly used look. Sadly...the blades are not sharpened...This is purely for costume!!! I must say, seeing how I am a huge Freddy fan, I feel very accomplished to have finally built a glove of my own. Even though it is quite harmless...you feel an overwhelming sense of power when you put it on. I guess it's kinda like holding a very big gun.Let me know what you think.

Attached files
2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Overall...an amazing vehicle for my family and lifestyle!!! Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay on GENVIBE SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMIKAZE FOR THE NEW SIGNATURE
PHXLavaVibe

Re: Home made Freddy Glove (PHXLavaVibe)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Pic 2

Attached files
2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Overall...an amazing vehicle for my family and lifestyle!!! Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay on GENVIBE SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMIKAZE FOR THE NEW SIGNATURE
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Like!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Very nice!!! Do you have the rest of the cosume?
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
PHXLavaVibe

Re: Home made Freddy Glove (star_deceiver)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Very nice!!! Do you have the rest of the cosume?Thanks guys! No I don't have the rest of the costume yet. I am working on it though. I am very picky when it comes to buying character masks so I might end up doing my own. It's been a few years since I have dabbled in special effects makeup so I am interested to see what I can do.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

As a person who does his fair share of sheet metal work (plenums, adapters, filter racks, etc.) I admire the ingenuity and craftsmanship that went into this Awesome work. When you get more done please share with your fellow Vibers
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
PHXLavaVibe

Re: Home made Freddy Glove (tpollauf)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »As a person who does his fair share of sheet metal work (plenums, adapters, filter racks, etc.) I admire the ingenuity and craftsmanship that went into this Awesome work. When you get more done please share with your fellow Vibers Thanks tpollauf!!! That's a great compliment...especially since this was my first ever attempt at sheet metal work. It didn't turn out quite the way I planned it though.Originally I was going to solder the blades to the finger joints as it is in the movies but I couldn't get the joints to hold. Again it was my first time ever dealing with a torch and solder. I bought a torch kit from Lowes that came with solder and flux. Besides being terrified that the bottle would explode or I would burn myself and not need a Freddy mask, I thought I did a pretty good job at following directions. I can only assume that I was not using the right type of solder to join steel together. I know nothing about this kind of stuff and just used what was in the kit.After several attempts I decided to modify my original design and just rivet the blades on...much less terrifying!
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Awesome job. REALLY nice wheathering/aging on the leather gove. I love DIY costumes. Maybe someday Ill post pics of my Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

awww this thing is too cool! and if you're a freddy fan, check out this 360 controller I did
PHXLavaVibe

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »awww this thing is too cool! and if you're a freddy fan, check out this 360 controller I did Thanks, and i love that controller!!! How much would it cost me to get one done?
PHXLavaVibe

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »Awesome job. REALLY nice wheathering/aging on the leather gove. I love DIY costumes. Maybe someday Ill post pics of my Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett.Thanks. It was probably the easiest part. I rubbed it all over the tires of my car and mixed in a little dirt and fake blood.Here is a BEFORE pic...

Attached files
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (PHXLavaVibe)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by PHXLavaVibe »How much would it cost me to get one done? whatever it costs to ship and then prob $10-$15 for the paints.non-profit hobby
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

First of all, great work. Very ingeneous.Second, maybe I'm being overly-cautious, but if you plan on using this in public,I recommend putting some clear silicone over the tips to prevent accidental "Freddy-ness", IYKWIM.Third, I happen to know someone who worked on the recent remake on NoES and am going to send him a link to this thread. I think he'll dig it.
Speedqueen

Post by Speedqueen »

Very cool.
10 Vibe 1.8l, Manual, Red hot metallic (current)07 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew cab (current)03 Monte Carlo SS 3.8l - 85 Merc Grand Marquis (cruise, tilt, bench)93 Grand AM Se 3.3l - 93 Geo Metro 1l87 GMC 1500 454 big block 85 Grand AM SE 6 cyl81 Celica GT - 76 Impala convertible hard top71 Gran Torino