needed photoshop assistance and suggestions

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
waveresponder

needed photoshop assistance and suggestions

Post by waveresponder »

hey all, I've been wanting to get a custom decal made for the front end of the vibe either on the bug deflector or on the lower bumper somewhere, this thread is just a start and i'll post some good pics if anyone would like to suggest their ideas or take a shot at photoshopthe reason im doing this is I no longer think a front license plate flows good and I should have some type of department ID on the vehicle for responseso far I'm thinking of going with an ID logo like "FP87-1" or "87-1" on the drivers side front bumper under the headlight or centered on the bumper similar to what a police car would have, most likely either white or reflective blue to more closely match color of the paintalso ive thought of putting something in reflective black on the bug visor such as "special fire police" "fire police" .... "fire police ems" or again "FP87-1" "87-1"i'll most likely choose one or the other and not go with bothI also thought it would be really neat if I could find someway to get it done...custom paint the nose grills to show the number "8" in the passenger side and "7" on the drivers side, not sure how well that would look but it is an idea
CAMOGIRL

Re: needed photoshop assistance and suggestions (waveresponder)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

might look good to put it in white or black down low on the front corner, between fog light and front corner of wheel well, below the last little decorative ridge?Question for you because I don't understand: Why put a decal on for identification if you're going to match it to the color of the area you are going to put it on? Im sure there is a good reason, just seems to defeat the purpose for me.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Get a hidden grille block like me! And then you can put your numbers on there! If that'll work... It could also improve your MPGs.
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

The Old Set Up
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

im working on it for you bud.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

dont worry everyone i'm alive and ok lolafter much debate I think i'm going with "UPPER FREDERICK" in reflective black on the deflector and "FP87-1" in like a gold leaf middle upper windshieldlast chance to voice your opinions before I go ahead with it
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

btw, apparently you can no longer find my bug/wind deflector as "Perfect Fit" is no longer in business, per recent communication with carbras.com, ashame as its definitely my #1 choice
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I think the Upper Fredrick would be good on the deflector, but the FP87-1 would be hardly noticeable at the top of the windshield. Maybe a better spot might be to the side on the deflector or under the headlight, like suggested before.
waveresponder

Re: needed photoshop assistance and suggestions (KITT222)

Post by waveresponder »

Thanks KITT222, I was thinking about putting the decal under the headlight but then it was casually mentioned how it would probably get damaged from bugs/stones, so i think since its going to be like a gold leaf design I'm sticking with the middle of the windshield. I really dont wanna stick out in general traffic either, just have some sort of identification on it besides a front plate. Not that a wave blue vibe with a body kit doesnt already stand out in traffic enough lol....