Cheap Photoshop?

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
A Psycho Martyr

Cheap Photoshop?

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Does anyone know of a cheap way to get Photoshop that won't make my laptop croak?Or should I try Gimp?Or just be a normal person and pay th full price? Any input appreciated
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Free Photoshop? (joatmon)

One more question...Does anyone on here use Gimp? I heard it could be set up to looka nd function like Photoshop, but it's difficult to pick up on and learn.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Gimp is suposed to be a good option for people that don't want to spend money... or you can buy an older version off of someone when they upgrade for cheap... or have someone in schol buy a cheaper educational licensed one for you. Those are your legal options. If you only need it temporarily, you can use the 30 day trial from Adobe.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (ponta2147)

hmmm.....the wife is in school this semester, so i'll have her look into it.Thanks for the suggestions
epcIII

Re: Cheap Photoshop? (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by epcIII »

I personally like using Paint.NET ( http://www.getpaint.net/index.html ). Free and legal. Edit: The forums at paint.ent are a noobs best friend!
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Cheap Photoshop? (epcIII)

I'll try it out. I just had one of the biggest failz EVER on gimp.lolI have NO clue what i'm doin on there.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I've been using GIMP for about 10 years now. I still don't think I've mastered it, but I can usually make it do whatever I need from it. To be fair, I've tried Photoshop before and I'm even more confused with it (and it runs like dump on my Mac so I gave up on it a long time ago.)Keep trying it out, you'll get there.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Cheap Photoshop? (ColonelPanic)

after some practice on luch last night I was able to make my bro's tahoe look like it had tinted headlights, fogs, and turn signals. And I was also able to remove his antenna without a trace. And the flash on the camera made a big glare on one of his rims and I totally removed that too. So I'm getting there slowly. Plus I read you can download all sorts of attachments for it. so I'm kinda psyched to see what I can dig in to
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

i have dabbled a bit with both gimp and photoshop. I have no clue what i'm doing. I ought to find a class that shows me what all the different tools do and how to use them.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I don't like GIMP, but have been using Photoshop Elements for several years. It's a cheap, dumbed down version of Photoshop, but I find it does everything I need it to do. It's actually a little easier to use than the regular PS too. It's about $100 I think.
GenVibe Global Moderator
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

If you're a Mac user, Pixelmator is excellent and inexpensive, however I would assume if you were a Mac user, you would have stated so in your original post.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
BadBrew

Re: Free Photoshop? (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by BadBrew »

Maybe you could find a way to buy an old version from some software vendors... I personally use Paint Shop Pro (The Jasc version, before Corel wasted again another cool software).I could find a few old versions through Amazon.
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
ColonelPanic

Re: Free Photoshop? (BadBrew)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Paint Shop Pro was awesome back in the day!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
BadBrew

Re: Free Photoshop? (ColonelPanic)

Post by BadBrew »

I'm using the last Jasc release in 2004 which is Paint Shop Pro 9.I'm not a pro with it but it all the magic I need and way more Found used CD only 40$: (Version I have does not need a cd-key so no need for an original package)http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer...n=allUser manual and other downloadable stuff:http://www.jasc.com/support/kb...s.asp
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Free Photoshop? (BadBrew)

Was able to do this after learnin some stuffGot some hard lines and a few choppy spots but it was my first attempt at puttin a piece of one photo on top of another
Meagan

Post by Meagan »

I use Photo Scape it is completly free and has video tutorials on how to use everything.
A Psycho Martyr

jkm311 seems to think that the calipers a made green now look like peppers behind the konigs