Gorilla Pod Users?

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
anthonygobot

Gorilla Pod Users?

Post by anthonygobot »

I finally picked up Gorillapod after telling myself it would be an interesting tripod. It is pretty good at hanging from nothing! I know it is silly to take pics of the Gorillapod in action lol.I was getting video of Crayfish on this flooded trail.
tribalman

Re: Gorilla Pod Users? (anthonygobot)

Post by tribalman »

pretty cool for point and shoots. sadly, not even my shoulder can hold my camera after 4 hours. i'm still working this weekend off, i had the camera on me the whole time.
None. Vibe is gone.
anthonygobot

Post by anthonygobot »

Supposedly Gorillapod has a Super Pod for big DSLR's. I would be scared to put my G9 on this one it would probably fall or tip over.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I have one of those! They are pretty neat!
millster

Re: (anthonygobot)

Post by millster »

Quote, originally posted by anthonygobot »Supposedly Gorillapod has a Super Pod for big DSLR's. I would be scared to put my G9 on this one it would probably fall or tip over.You have to very loosely define "big" on that one. I tried one out just to see. My Fuji S2Pro killed it in 10 minutes on the first go-round. And that was just with my Nikkor 28-85 on it. To be fair, my Oly E500 was an easy go. My Nikon N8008 was touch and go. I guess my point is that it's probably better to leave these for P&S and rangefinder cameras. even the heavy one is too light for a serious SLR rig.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
anthonygobot

Re: (millster)

Post by anthonygobot »

I agree with you and I wouldnt want one for my DSLR.
oriden

Post by oriden »

i have the exact same camra as you! where can i find this thing? im currently using a milk crate to put my camra on ( at work) i wounder how good this would last in a dirt enviroment?
anthonygobot

Post by anthonygobot »

Mine got pretty wet and so far its ok but not sure about dirt. Walmart.com has them and I got mine on Buy.com. This camera is awesome for being so small. Definitely limited but the HD video is a nice extra.
oriden

Post by oriden »

hopefully i can find one at my walmart up here.. thanks!yeah the camra was a great buy i love it. compared to my old camra this one is light years ahead
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I've seen them at RadioShack and in the SkyMall catalogs.
Meagan

Post by Meagan »

that's pretty cool
anthonygobot

Post by anthonygobot »

Ive read bad reviews on the Best Buy off brand ones. For some reason I cant find them at Walmart Stores but they have them online.