Eye-Fi

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
BadBrew

Eye-Fi

Post by BadBrew »

Sounds too good to be true... http://www.eye.fi/s/Home.html Claims to transfer for photos from any wifi hotspot to a sharing site or your PC, so it connects to anything anywhere without you knowing?...Someone tried this?
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
headcold

Re: Eye-Fi (BadBrew)

Post by headcold »

It's an SD Card with built in wifi hardware. The camera has to support it so that you can connect to wifi APs from the camera's menu. I don't believe it will work headless or without configuration. The camera/iphone/netbook has to have an app/driver/other means of communicating settings to the card.
08 Base Platinum/Grey.Injen CAI. 10" sub & amp. Ground wire kit. Scangauge II. Honk on lock kit. Siren & PA. Fog light protectors. Insulated AC line. Double-height console lid. 12v outlet in console.
BadBrew

Re: Eye-Fi (headcold)

Post by BadBrew »

Says my camera is compatible with it. What I don't understand is how my camera could run the software to access APs.I think you have to the settings from a computer before putting it in your cam. I can't see myself typing a WPA password on my cam to gain access to an AP
headcold

Post by headcold »

You are absolutely correct. I overestimated the level of integration into the camera. You have to set up the wireless profile first on a PC/Mac and save those settings to the card.http://support.eye.fi/faq/getting-started/#faq-35
08 Base Platinum/Grey.Injen CAI. 10" sub & amp. Ground wire kit. Scangauge II. Honk on lock kit. Siren & PA. Fog light protectors. Insulated AC line. Double-height console lid. 12v outlet in console.
bull77

Post by bull77 »

i saw this a few months back -- pricey but the ability to instantly upload to youtube is really cool.
BadBrew

Re: (bull77)

Post by BadBrew »

not too bad... looks like there's no Canadian reseller at all, but found one in FL with cheap shipping Just ordered a 4gb for 80$US, fair price compared to what I've seen so farI'll post my thoughts on it!
BadBrew

Re: (BadBrew)

Post by BadBrew »

Received my card today!4gb Anniversary adition, with card readerFirst impressions:- Easy setup, software is included on the card and updates itself from the web- Recognized my Wifi immediately and setup my computer's firewall like a breeze- Linked it to Photobucket (many others available)Wow, never though that thing could exist anywhere. Another extremely cool feature is that it can upload only locked pictures using your camera menus so if you missed the first 4 shots, you can select the correct one by locking it and the Eye-fi card will upload it.I've build my garage today and taken about 20 shots of my car, the wifi range isn't far (my wifi access point is actually in my basement though...)The upload goes in 2 steps, first upload to the setup computer and then upload to photobucket. Read somewhere that if the computer was not available, photos will be uploaded temporarily into your Eye-fi account didn't tried it yet.I received an email about 10 minutes later that all my pics where uploaded from camera and being uploaded to photobucket.Even had a new album created at photobucket.So far, I'm very satisfied. I'll try to setup more access points into it and go on a small trip