Thanking Veterans this Memorial Day weekend (pic heavy)

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
808 Vibes

Thanking Veterans this Memorial Day weekend (pic heavy)

Post by 808 Vibes »

The traffic going to Puowaina (Hill of Sacrifice) a.k.a. Punchbowl Crater or "National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific" was heavy, but of course, no one minded at all. Red, white and blue flowers! shot taken in traffic to get invisit my fatherand I always pay respects to some of the many unknown...
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
DaveD

Re: Thanking Veterans this Memorial Day weekend (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by DaveD »

Belated wishes to all our American brothers and sisters. Stay safe and be well.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

It is sad how most people see Memorial day as fun, when in fact it is a day of national grieving. I guess for those who have not been personally touched by war forget how important Memorial day is. I am glad to see not everyone has though... the crowd at my church for Memorial day mass was pitifully small.1,498,822 soldiers have died from the American Revolution to Iraq. Each one of these numbers represents a person, and each one of those persons have a story that effects others.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
KNINE

Re: Thanking Veterans this Memorial Day weekend (VforVIBE)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »It is sad how most people see Memorial day as fun, when in fact it is a day of national grieving. I guess for those who have not been personally touched by war forget how important Memorial day is. I am glad to see not everyone has though... the crowd at my church for Memorial day mass was pitifully small. The crowd at my church was small, too. Our pastor is a retired chaplain, and always gives a touching ceremony. He always rings a brass bell to honor the fallen. I always get choked up. Being a veteran myself, it has special meaning.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Beautiful photos. I would love to visit the Arizona memorial on Memorial Day. I bet there's not a dry eye in the crowd.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
DaveD

Post by DaveD »

I've always wanted to visit the Arizona. I've been to many around the world, Dieppe, Somme, Ypres, but never the Arizona, yet.