Healthy Diet Part 2: The Sequel

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
808 Vibes

Healthy Diet Part 2: The Sequel

Post by 808 Vibes »

I rescued a Pied Lovebird last week. It had an overgrown beak, which I trimmed, then Dremeled, and it is now happy and eating a lot more. With it's beak now down to a functional size, it is now eating things it has never eaten before, so now it will get a nice balanced diet. Here I shared some of my veggie subway!It is neither tame nor wild but has a very nice disposition (does not bite)
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
tribalman

Re: Healthy Diet Part 2: The Sequel (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by tribalman »

aaawww. are you gonna keep it or take it to a shelter?where do you find time for all this; save animals, fight the man, post on genvibe?xD
None. Vibe is gone.
808 Vibes

Re: Healthy Diet Part 2: The Sequel (tribalman)

Post by 808 Vibes »

My animals are with me for life and I got 12 hour shifts at work and take the laptop and aircard with me
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
NibCrom

Post by NibCrom »

You dremeled the beak? Crazy!
keithvibe

Re: Healthy Diet Part 2: The Sequel (NibCrom)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by NibCrom »You dremeled the beak? Crazy!why not, i dremel my dogs nails. I can get them shorter and rounder with out splintering.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
808 Vibes

Re: Healthy Diet Part 2: The Sequel (NibCrom)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by NibCrom »You dremeled the beak? Crazy!I referred to a bird breeder who said to use a dog nail trimmer to cut, then grind down the beak to smooth and shape. I dremel the dogs' nails too. It's fast, and lessens the risk of "cutting too much".
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

nothing worse than cutting in to the quick
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

thats all that new Pedi-paw thing is a dremel with a sanding pad on it.
808 Vibes

Re: Healthy Diet Part 2: The Sequel (keithvibe)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »nothing worse than cutting in to the quickYep, that's why anything I do to groom, I have that bottle of quik-stop right there...just in case.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
NibCrom

Re: Healthy Diet Part 2: The Sequel (keithvibe)

Post by NibCrom »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »why not, i dremel my dogs nails. I can get them shorter and rounder with out splintering.I just never would have thought to do that!
Nelson

Post by Nelson »

mmm... bread and veggies!Good stuff.
"Draco" 09 Steel Blue Base Vibe 1.8, auto, moonroofR.I.P. "FROST" 06 Frosty White Base Vibe, auto, Moonroof and Monsoontotalled when a bus t-boned us.