Hummingbirds are hard to photograph

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
PlatinumVibe08

Hummingbirds are hard to photograph

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

My friend Jim from Milwaukee stepped out into my backyard on 9/13/08 and shot this photo of one of my hummingbirds at the feeder. I used MS Paint to remove the feeder and crop the pic of the bird.
2006 Lexus SC430 White Gold Crystal
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica
2013 Lexus CT200h Starfire Pearl
Raven

Re: Hummingbirds are hard to photograph (PlatinumVibe08)

Post by Raven »

Nice shot.Our hummers are loading up on food to fly south. A few 36°F nights has them thinking of the rainforests down south.
bull77

Post by bull77 »

cool shot --- did he take it with a point&shoot?
Herb

Post by Herb »

Shot in the evening in Halifax, NS

Attached files
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Herb

Post by Herb »

Shot in the evening in Halifax, NS

Attached files
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Herb

Post by Herb »

Shot in the morning in Halifax, NS

Attached files
Herb

Post by Herb »

Shot in the morning in Halifax, NS

Attached files
PlatinumVibe08

Re: (bull77)

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »cool shot --- did he take it with a point&shoot?Yep, he's got a Panasonic camera and he was using burst mode to catch many photos in sequence.Here's another shot he took at the Garden of the Gods in Southern Illinois.

Attached files
2006 Lexus SC430 White Gold Crystal
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica
2013 Lexus CT200h Starfire Pearl
808 Vibes

Re: (PlatinumVibe08)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Gorgeous!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
sam

Re: (bull77)

Post by sam »

PlatinumVibe08 wrote:Quote, originally posted by bull77 »cool shot --- did he take it with a point&shoot?Yep, he's got a Panasonic camera and he was using burst mode to catch many photos in sequence.Here's another shot he took at the Garden of the Gods in Southern Illinois.

Attached files
Good shots I use a Canon Xs Rebel I freeze the On the wing shots at 1/600-800 bright sun Canon 100-300 AF Perched just depends on how long. Everything is on Shutter Priority. F stop comes by computer
happy hunting
Sam