Help! How do I size pics without Photoshop? (on Vista)

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
808 Vibes

Help! How do I size pics without Photoshop? (on Vista)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Is there a way I can size the pics I just downloaded from the digital camera (battery finally came in!) my villagephotos account won't let me upload, and neither will craigslist (I'm trying to sell stuff) and I can't afford Photoshop software. I have Vista. I did a search for 'free photo editing software', but are those any good or are they just adware/malware stuff to stick cookies and popups on you? Thank you
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
DarkVibe

Re: Help! How do I size pics without Photoshop? (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by DarkVibe »

Paint might work for you (under accessories)
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
808 Vibes

Re: Help! How do I size pics without Photoshop? (DarkVibe)

Post by 808 Vibes »

oh thank you thank you thank you!!! tried twice...village photos finally let me save it after I typed in size it at 75% less in size. Test:Edit: why'd it come out so big?
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
DarkVibe

Post by DarkVibe »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »Edit: why'd it come out so big?do you know what the dpi (dots per inch) is?
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

I know nothing LOL
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
DarkVibe

Post by DarkVibe »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »I know nothing LOLhahalook under:imageattributesresolution should say 72x72edit: cute pups btw, i hope you're not planning to sell them.
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »I did a search for 'free photo editing software', but are those any good or are they just adware/malware stuff to stick cookies and popups on you? Thank youIrfanViewhttp://www.irfanview.com/Lightweight, not photoshop by any means, but loads really quick, easy to crop and resize pictures, some other things, but no ads or other unpleasant consequencesAnother thing nice about it is that you can copy the runtime to a USB flash drive, and it will run from there, so you can load it and some pics on a thumb drive, then take it to any windows PC and use it to play a slideshow.
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by DarkVibe »hahalook under:imageattributesresolution should say 72x72edit: cute pups btw, i hope you're not planning to sell them.That's what it says 72x72. and no, the pups are stuck with me 'til death do us part plus they say they'll never get tired of cooked steak and eggs. I have some clothes and a gym set to sell. Thanks, Dark & Joat!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

you might also want to try Picasa its free and from Google.
DarkVibe

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by DarkVibe »

Quote, originally posted by zionzr2 »you might also want to try Picasa its free and from Google.Photobucket automatically re-sizes btw
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
808 Vibes

Re: (DarkVibe)

Post by 808 Vibes »

trying @ 25% ?
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
808 Vibes

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by 808 Vibes »

15%EDIT: ok, now I'm really confused
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
psiu

Post by psiu »

The GIMP for Windows works good under XP. I would assume it's fine under Vista. The XP Image Resize Powertoy is perfect for resizing pics for the web also, but again I don't know if it works under Vista.links:http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/http:// ... ..mspxAlso, Photobucket lets you upload pics in a larger size, then have a clickable thumbnail link--so you could put the thumbnails in a forum or online, then let people click on them *if* they wanted the picture bigger.
ColonelPanic

Re: (psiu)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Yes! The GIMP is nice - powerful and free.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
breezd

Re: Help! How do I size pics without Photoshop? (joatmon)

Post by breezd »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »IrfanViewhttp://www.irfanview.com/Lightweight, not photoshop by any means, but loads really quick, easy to crop and resize pictures, some other things, but no ads or other unpleasant consequencesAnother thing nice about it is that you can copy the runtime to a USB flash drive, and it will run from there, so you can load it and some pics on a thumb drive, then take it to any windows PC and use it to play a slideshow. +1 Irfanview is the way to go
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock