PhotoChop assistance requested.

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
zionzr2

PhotoChop assistance requested.

Post by zionzr2 »

I would like to know how I can remove certain unwanted items from a photo so it was like it was never there to begin with.Items such as a street light or telephone pole.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

it's kinda hard to do..well for a beginner..but what i do is i use the "smudge" tool which looks like a hand with the index finger sticking out..pretty much zoom in at the object and lightly blend it in with say the sky or whatever else is surrounding it
millster

Re: PhotoChop assistance requested. (zionzr2)

Post by millster »

If you actually have Photoshop, here's the easiest way...http://iit.bloomu.edu/vthc/Pho...p.htm
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

hmm ya i forgot about the cloning one..i never use it cause not a fan of it
zionzr2

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by zionzr2 »

Ok after roughly an hour with the smudge tool:BEFORE:AFTER:
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

nice..cant even notice there was a light pole there! i dont even think im that good lol
VforVIBE

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by VforVIBE »

Wait, don't you mean...BEFORE:AFTER:lol
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I have been usuing a full version of Photoshop v.6now i need some practice with the clone toolEDIT: After a few minutes of use the clone tool seems a tad easier to use.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i got a free copy of photoshop 7 along with image ready
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

better move that car out of the way

Attached files
wyatt89

Post by wyatt89 »

lolalien@ last picturedid you seriously spend an hour removing that?
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by zionzr2 »I have been usuing a full version of Photoshop v.6YAY PhotoShop 6.0!!!
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
zionzr2

Re: (wyatt89)

Post by zionzr2 »

Quote, originally posted by wyatt89 »lolalien@ last picturedid you seriously spend an hour removing that?yep I'm learning and experimenting by using the different settings to see what they do and how they work.
darcmater

Post by darcmater »

a nice free online program i like to use is called gimp, its like adobe photoshop.
tribalman

Re: (darcmater)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by darcmater »a nice free online program i like to use is called gimp, its like adobe photoshop.yeah, it's cool that GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is free and comes with almost all distros of linux. it's been a quite a few years since i've played with photoshop (version 4) or another program other than Paint to save a screen cap. how well does GIMP use vs. any version of photoshop. does it have the same tools, or at least something close?and zion, AMAZING work! i can't tell that there was a pole there unless you go back and forth between the images.
None. Vibe is gone.
wyatt89

Post by wyatt89 »

Gimp is pretty fun to use, It's just not anywhere near the number of features as something like ps cs3...It's good for basic stuff though
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!
darcmater

Re: (wyatt89)

Post by darcmater »

I am not sure what version they are up to, but I have 2.2 of gimp. It has the usual stuff like workign in layers,smudge, magic laso, the wand all the normal stuff. I don't have enough knowledge of all what adobe photoshop and others do to compare them. But for being free it works great on what most normal peopel will do.
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

you've been parked there too long!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"