Pictures of the 2008 Tulip festival

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
bull77

Pictures of the 2008 Tulip festival

Post by bull77 »

Here's some pictures that I took over the past week. History of the event: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C...tival
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

Very nice! I can never figure out the right settings for really taking good pictures of flowers...
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
tribalman

Re: (engineertwin2)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by engineertwin2 »Very nice! I can never figure out the right settings for really taking good pictures of flowers...might be your lens, you need something that has a micro setting or something that is closer than 5 ft. another thing you can do, but it give a different look and feel, is to step back a bit then zoom in. very nice pics bull77, is it ok if i use a few of them as desktop images?
None. Vibe is gone.
bull77

Re: (tribalman)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »might be your lens, you need something that has a micro setting or something that is closer than 5 ft. another thing you can do, but it give a different look and feel, is to step back a bit then zoom in. very nice pics bull77, is it ok if i use a few of them as desktop images?I used macro to take the close-up shots and mostly used auto settings.np with using pictures as backgrounds
Toasted7

Re: Pictures of the 2008 Tulip festival (bull77)

Post by Toasted7 »

Those pics are amazing... I'm a big fan of tulips. Nice work!
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

awesome pics..really like the 8th pic..with all the red tulips..looks neat..like it's a huge field of just them
Sputnik

Re: (bull77)

Post by Sputnik »

Are those all up at Majors Hill Park or did you also get some from Dows Lake? Nice pics btw. Haven't been to see the tulips yet. Usually only go down if someone comes to visit and wants to see them.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
bull77

Re: (Sputnik)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »Are those all up at Majors Hill Park or did you also get some from Dows Lake? both
Blueridge9

Re: (bull77)

Post by Blueridge9 »

Great pictures!!I wonder how many tulips you could fit in the back of the Vibe? I like the third picture of the pink peony-type tulips and the Angeliqe tulips.Interesting history link too about how the festival was redesigned to focus on promoting international friendship, the original symbolic role of the gift of tulips. And a new feature called Celebridée: a Celebration of Ideas was introduced. Kind of like GenVibe (International sharing of information).I've not been to that festival but there is a BIG tulip festival every May in Holland, Michigan in the US.
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
808 Vibes

Re: (Blueridge9)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Stunning!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
LOUROK

Post by LOUROK »

nice pictures