Anyone use this camera?

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
audiovibe

Anyone use this camera?

Post by audiovibe »

I decided its time for a new camera as my powershot is from 2002 and needs a new CF card. I think its time to update, I would just use my wifes camera but its pink, its ok around the house but not in public. I do have a camera on my phone but its a phone not a camera.So anyway Im lookin at the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8http://www.dcresource.com/revi...eview/and was just curious if anyone has had any experiance with this camera that could say its a great camera for the price.Thanks Aron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
asburydan

Re: Anyone use this camera? (audiovibe)

Post by asburydan »

If you haven't done so, go to http://www.steves-digicams.com. Also DP review. Both are great resources for digital camera info.
asburydan - moved from Vibe to 5th Mustang.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

I looked at a few different sites including Steves digicams and they all rated this camera pretty well. I was just curious if anyone had any quirks with it.Aron
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Ive read and read reviews, and have talked to a few people that use this camera. It seems the biggest downfall is the amount of noise that indoor/low light pictures produce with a 400 ISO or greater. The pictures Ive seen from individuals seem acceptable to me but I'm a beginner so that dosent say much. Tomorow after work Im going to pick one up to play around with, if I dont like it I can always take it back I guess.Aron
wyatt89

Post by wyatt89 »

dpreview is probably the best site besides fredmiranda.com to get info from...if i were you i would stick with canon or nikon for a p&s
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!