Show me your Skillz!

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
VforVIBE

Show me your Skillz!

Post by VforVIBE »

Photoshop, Illustrator, Paint, InDesign, After Effects, Flash Pen and ink, oil paint or what ever, just show me what you got!
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
KNINE

Re: Show me your Skillz! (VforVIBE)

Post by KNINE »

I can barely draw a conclusion.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Kamikaze

Re: Show me your Skillz! (K-NINE)

Post by Kamikaze »

this is about as good as I can draw it...(this is a joke cause I can't do anything when it comes to photoshop)

Attached files
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
VforVIBE

Re: Show me your Skillz! (Kamikaze)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »this is about as good as I can draw it...(this is a joke cause I can't do anything when it comes to photoshop)Haha, looks like you're looking through a snow flake
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
NibCrom

Post by NibCrom »

Vivid_Art

Post by Vivid_Art »

The first photoshop file of mine I found, old school project. If I remember correctly your at an Ai school right V? When do you graduate?
VforVIBE

Re: Show me your Skillz! (Vivid_Art)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by Vivid_Art »The first photoshop file of mine I found, old school project. If I remember correctly your at an Ai school right V? When do you graduate?Yep, I graduate less then a year and a half with a BFA.
sjbourg

Post by sjbourg »

Wow, that's really impressive!
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Yep, I graduate less then a year and a half with a BFA. In know what BFE is, not clue what a BFA is! lol I'm assuming Bachelors of Fine Arts?
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Vivid_Art

Re: Show me your Skillz! (damronjr)

Post by Vivid_Art »

Yup, thats exactly what it is and I actually have one! Hey V whats your major?
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

What I got... for now. Some photoshop stuff I did a while back.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Vivid_Art

Re: Show me your Skillz! (Toasted7)

Post by Vivid_Art »

Wow thats really intense, those colors really get your attention. I'm currently reworking my website in photoshop, here is what I got so far...Home Page Bio Page
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by Vivid_Art »Yup, thats exactly what it is and I actually have one! Hey V whats your major?Graphic Design
darcmater

Post by darcmater »

Something I created by combineing several pics and adding some textIt was for a background pic for a friend of mine that I played an online game with. The pics are of several things I barrowed from one of my favorite spots http://www.renderosity.com : )
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

here is my current Illustrator school project:Current time spent: 7 DaysTools used: Gradient Mesh and Pen.

Attached files
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Vivid_Art

Re: Show me your Skillz!

Post by Vivid_Art »

I just taught myself some Illustrator, this is my second attempt at using it.
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

This is about a year and a half old. The main title was to be in foil/silver overlay, so just ignore the lame gradient. It was an assignment, so there were some requirements I had to meet - namely it was black and white plus one spot, and since it was an Illustrator class we had to do it in Ill. Yuck.Oh and don't mind the edges being cropped too close, in reality, they're not. Illustrator sucks at exporting the entire canvas and not just the artwork.It's a hardbound book cover, btw, in case it's not apparent. It'd be folded to have the inner flaps, the cover, spine and back cover in their appropriate places.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
VforVIBE

Re: (SLORegal)

Post by VforVIBE »

Yep, Book covers are fun...And I made a really neat site for it...http://kls483.aisites.com/Index_deadlygames.htm
Vivid_Art

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by Vivid_Art »

Tisk, tisk, FILTERS=bad...graphic design studios do not like filters, fyi. Anyways heres something else I just made, im really starting to get the hang of Illustrator(I just started using it 2 days ago, I think I'm "proficient" enough to put illustrator on my resume, maybe?).
VforVIBE

Re: (Vivid_Art)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by Vivid_Art »Tisk, tisk, FILTERS=bad...graphic design studios do not like filters, fyi.Well, they're going to have to tough it out one work that's 4 years old. That and I'm sure I won't be pasting together 4 different pictures with different quality from all over the Internet.
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

i got skillz!!!ok, maybe not, but here is a classic i made of myself:
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
NibCrom

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by NibCrom »

lol. That's funny.
NascarXprt

Re: (NibCrom)

Post by NascarXprt »

haha thats real old drunken. btw where have you been havent seen you on the boards in a long time.
808 Vibes

Re: Show me your Skillz! (darcmater)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by darcmater »Something I created by combineing several pics and adding some textLooks like me before I cut my hair LOL. But seriously, you guys are phenomenal graphics artists. A lurcrative career awaits you!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Kevzaz

Re: Show me your Skillz! (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by Kevzaz »

MY TURN! Going to the Ai of Philadelphia next year. =] Majoring in Graphic Designing. I pretty much mastered photo manipulation. Movie poster created from 5 different pictures of actors, one picture of clouds, and one of a town by an ocean. Another Movie poster created from a picture of a field of trees, a shed (turned it into a night shot), and an face. Elephant, Ocean, Power Plants, and Towers Image of an ocean of water drifting into it. I added the mist and made the sky more 'romantic' A shot of a girl, I added the 'orbs' and the glow off her face. Pretty much a guy turned to stone. I applied the tattoo to the back of the girl and her arm. Just a type effect. Invisible man? A square apple? Ya, its not natural
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

no one likes my stuff? =[
DarkVibe

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by DarkVibe »

i never noticed this thread before, kev, you got some nice work, esp the tattooed girl
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
kunkstyle

Re: (DarkVibe)

Post by kunkstyle »

Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »no one likes my stuff? =[Quote, originally posted by DarkVibe »i never noticed this thread before, kev, you got some nice work, esp the tattooed girl The photo manip stuff is decent. The movie posters are.... lacking.Before I spent all my spare cash on vehicles I did a lot of custom DVD covers.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
NascarXprt

Re: (kunkstyle)

Post by NascarXprt »

heres something i did for jason last night:
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

damn guys! that's some impressive stuff!!! WOW!!!!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

Thanks for the feedback guys. =]
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Nice work Kevzaz... I've seen something online or on TV where you can buy the software to teach you how to do stuff just like that... how to do all those different effects... cool stuff.Now if I could just figure out how to get all my handmade drawings into my PC and coverted to clean line/vector art... I would be set.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

Toasted: Thanks, and vector it yourself. =p Its time consuming, but easy.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

a Reviving FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached files
drunkenmaxx

Re: (Vivid_Art)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by Vivid_Art »(I just started using it 2 days ago, I think I'm "proficient" enough to put illustrator on my resume, maybe?). been meaning to reply to this for a while. if used for web design, i would say maybe.however, really knowing illustrator also means being able to do pieces that are printable. whole different ballgame. if in spot colors, such things need to be "trapped" in order to allow for the imperfect process that printing is and always will be. i work in the prepress department at a printing company, have for over 7 years now. it's easy to tell a new graphic artist, or one who has never worked with printed pieces. there is nothing like getting a low resolution photo or logo in JPEG format that was saved from a website and more often than not, the designer will argue with you, not understand, and talk to you like you are the person that doesn't know what they are doing.if you want to add illustrator, you obviously have the talent/natural ability to learn all of the aspects. i would suggest either taking a course, buying some sort of tutorial CD, or seeing what kind of free materials are out there. it's a must have on a resume if you wish to really be diverse and qualify for a lot more positions.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Kamikaze

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by Kamikaze »

HE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dude I haven't heard from you in a LOOOOOOOOONG time! sorry not trying to hi-jack the thread...
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

i'm a married man now! not much time at home to play on the net, i lurk from time to time here though.
Blanco_Diablo

Re:

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Before sig:A little basic PhotoShop on the Sig below. Nothing too special, gotta dig up some actual designs that I am able to share
Blanco_Diablo

Re: Re: (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Last year's tee/hoody design All vector (Adobe Illustrator)
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Nobody has posted in a while... anyone have anything new to share?
NascarXprt

Re: Show me your Skillz! (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by NascarXprt »

Not yet, just started to play around again, nothing "show worthy" yet...
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

New signature... figured out a good technique for cutout windows to look like actual windows rather than "weird cutout photoshop"
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
beanzsl2

Post by beanzsl2 »

well guys i dont have a photobuket for all my work yet.. but if you guys cant view these links email me, and ill work it out. i have alot of work i am proud of, and some that is not too great....... but you let me know. ( all links are public so they SHOULD work)http://www.facebook.com/album....4585dh ... m....f9e2a
Blanco_Diablo

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Windows look good
Blanco_Diablo

Re: (beanzsl2)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Some great outdoor pics and interesting photo manipulations. Nice vibe too!
beanzsl2

Post by beanzsl2 »

thanks man!!! its a fun project!
zoommsp

Post by zoommsp »

Another thread revivalGraphic designer by day, web designer by night...Some of my last few works done for myself, just screwing around. These are prolly 2+ years old nowhttp://s3.photobucket.com/albu...oshop/
Blanco_Diablo

Re: (zoommsp)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Nice, another vibe-driving designer Welcome!
NascarXprt

Re: (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by NascarXprt »

let us designers Unite! here is a link to some of my most recent work done for school that got into the schools student show: http://www.facebook.com/album....fbc89
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

I'll upload something that I have been doing. A poster for the Philadelphia International Art Show. I really liked this piece. I have a lot of stuff but I am very self conscious of my stuff.