Pacific Orchid Expo - San Francisco Feb 2008

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
kaybeejay

Pacific Orchid Expo - San Francisco Feb 2008

Post by kaybeejay »

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of driving the senior group at my church to the Pacific Orchid Exposition at Fort Mason in San Francisco. It's not often that I get to use my California Commercial Class B license, so this was exciting for me for two reasons. 1) I Get to challenge myself at driving a bus on a busy saturday in San Francisco and 2) I get to futz around with my camera gear with award winning Orchids.Just thought I'd share some of my favorite shots from that afternoon.[disclaimer] I am a photo-hack and know nothing about flower photography. This was my very first attempt and most of it was just experimenting around.All of these were shot with my (4 yr old) Nikon D70 with either ambient light or with my SB-800 flash. The SB-800 was either in my left hand operating on wireless mode or in the camera's hot-shoe with the 50mm f1.8D lens.If I ever do this again, I'm bringing a tripod. No matter how hard I tried, even at a fast shutter speed, many of my shots still came out blurry cause often times I was balancing on my feet at some off-angle. My hands just aren't steady enough.I also am going to bring my flash cord, so I do not have to rely on wireless mode to get the flash off my camera.It was a big place: Some artist made these urinals for display:
2003 Shadow Vibe GT and 2001 Nissan Xterra 4x4
kaybeejay

Post by kaybeejay »

kaybeejay

Post by kaybeejay »

For those of you who are Orchid lovers - the entire gallery is here: ***click here***
WaveAction

Re: Pacific Orchid Expo - San Francisco Feb 2008 (kaybeejay)

Post by WaveAction »

Quote, originally posted by kaybeejay » Some artist made these urinals for display: now thats what i call Peeing in the garden..thats awesome..lol..glad to see some of them have a sense of humor
808 Vibes

Re: Pacific Orchid Expo - San Francisco Feb 2008 (WaveAction)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Gorgeous shots! My mom has always been into orchids. I did not inherit her 'green thumb'-my pets live into their late teens, but plants...I love 'em, but they don't last a week with me
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

Nice photos!My dad would have loved that event. He's into raising Orchids.