New Camera

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
WaveAction

New Camera

Post by WaveAction »

well i got sick and tired of my old camera, every time i take a pic the camera would not read what i was looking at properly or something and always come out blurry..it didnt have image stabilizer which sucked aswell..so i went out, saved some money and got a new camera.i picked up the Olympus SP-550uz. it's a pretty sweet camera, a step above the average camera. here's a link for anyone who wants to know more. http://www.olympusamerica.com/...=1289i didnt pay the full price, i found a deal, it was on sale for $249.99..$100 off so couldnt pass it up..this is gonna be alot more handier then my previous camera for zoom range and overall better picture quality
millster

Re: New Camera (WaveAction)

Post by millster »

A FINE choice if I do say so myself! Now get to using it. What are you waiting for?
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

lol been reading the manual..gotta learn how to do all these different types of photography..i love it..trying to figure out how to do the panoramic feature
psiu

Post by psiu »

Wow, very nice. Olympus makes some nice camera's. The xD cards that Olympus and Fuji use are generally a little pricier, but keep your eyes open for sales.I have a Canon S2IS (5mp, 12x zoom) and love it. Most important tip I have when it comes to nice digital cams: loooooooooooots of pictures. Snap snap snap snapsnapsnapsNaPSNApSNAAAP. It's not like you have to develop them all and deleting 15 lousy ones for that one great one is a great tradeoff.Set it to Auto at first, then slowly try changing one thing at a time so you get an idea for each individual change. Go out for a walk on the weekend (well--when the weather finally warms up around here) and snap away at trees, bugs, dirt, cars, whatever--spring is a great time for photography.Enjoy and get some pics :D
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

definitly..right now i got the fujifilm XD 1gb card that i used for my older camera..so im good for the memory..and even in the winter pictures can be beautiful with the sun shining and stuff..everything is so bright..gonna have to drive around if its not bad out this weekend..or wait til the spring/summer like you mentioned