Help me decide, must know today!

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
damronjr

Help me decide, must know today!

Post by damronjr »

Canon® PowerShot S5 IS 8MP Digital Camera Canon® PowerShot® G9 12.1MP Digital Camera Canon® PowerShot® SD870 IS ELPH 8MP Digital Camera Fuji® FinePix S8000fd 8MP Digital Camera or a similar model to 1 of these, I have to decide today b/c I will get 20% off if I order it online today! I like the idea of a compact camera, but I also really want a good zoom, so I'm kind of stuck. I'm not real camera-smart so a point and shoot would probably be best, I don't know, HELP!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
bull77

Post by bull77 »

my 2 centsi have the canon powershot s3 which is 6meg with a 12x optical...highly recommend getting the S5. It's a little bigger than the other Powershots but the zoom and the features/speed make it worthwhile If you can afford it - go with slr
damronjr

Re: (bull77)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »my 2 centsi have the canon powershot s3 which is 6meg with a 12x optical...highly recommend getting the S5. It's a little bigger than the other Powershots but the zoom and the features/speed make it worthwhile If you can afford it - go with slrDon't want a DSLR as I am not very camera smart and don't even know what most of the options do, let alone how to use them. Thanks for the input, though!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
kevera

Re: Help me decide, must know today! (damronjr)

Post by kevera »

I have the first one.It's so easy the wife knows how to use it. It also takes some nice pics,and please don't ask me for some
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
damronjr

Re: Help me decide, must know today! (kevera)

Post by damronjr »

Thanks for the input guys, I went with the S5!
keithvibe

Re: Help me decide, must know today! (kevera)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »It also takes some nice pics,and please don't ask me for some Now why would we do that... your car is ugly and slow till you prove otherwise
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
damronjr

Re: Help me decide, must know today! (keithvibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »Now why would we do that... your car is ugly and slow till you prove otherwise Haha, we're waiting!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

remember to find the camera with the highest number optical zoom, digital zoom is worthless, and high megapixel, but quality of the camera also matters and there are some high megapixel cameras but look like crap... canon is a good brand though.
kevera

Re: Help me decide, must know today! (keithvibe)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »Now why would we do that... your car is ugly and slow till you prove otherwise ahahaha,after the accident,she's ugly now.I have to laugh,because if I don't,I'll cry.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Sputnik

Re: Help me decide, must know today! (damronjr)

Post by Sputnik »

You'll love the S5! I have the S2 and I love it - fantastic camera!!
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
damronjr

Re: (northvibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »remember to find the camera with the highest number optical zoom, digital zoom is worthless, and high megapixel, but quality of the camera also matters and there are some high megapixel cameras but look like crap... canon is a good brand though.Yeah, I learned that a while back, so I def look for optical zoom, I don't even use the digital zoom. As far as I've read, anything higher than 10MP is basically useless unless you are printing giant pictures.