I need some photshop help :)

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
tangerine

I need some photshop help :)

Post by tangerine »

Hey guys, can any of you photoshop guru's help me out with a big favor? I need the truck in this picture photoshoped in 3 diffirent variations...sorry it is blurry, I can get a better pic tomarrow, this is on old camera phone pic.I need the color of the truck changed to a deep orange (not fusion deep) and stripes put on. reason I need 3 pix is I need to decide what color combo looks best.here is an idea of the color I am looking for:One pic I need the classic 69 SS color combo of Orange with white stripes, one pic I need orange with gunmetal stripes, and one orange with black stripes. Also if you could make the bowtie/windshield banner the color of the stripes.If anyone can help me out I'd be VERY grateful. I'll explain a lil more on why I need this soon.
04 Fusion Orange Base Vibe auto Now no longer with us thanks to ignorant drivers...
GrayFox

Re: I need some photshop help :) (tangerine)

Post by GrayFox »

I'll see if I can find some time this weekend or early next week to whip somehting up for you.
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

yay!
04 Fusion Orange Base Vibe auto Now no longer with us thanks to ignorant drivers...
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Wow, are you after the mettalic orange or the origional "hugger" orange, or was hugger orange from the mopar set? I don't know i had a friend with an 87 GMC Jimmy that was a full tube chassis, blown 400SB and the really big meats in back, it was the combo your after, i sure wish i had pics of it... He had done the orange with the white strips, it was killer...
GrayFox

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by GrayFox »

ok here's a quick re-color...I can tweak it so let me know what you think. (looks kinda bright to me)The stripes will take a little bit more time and I actually have to do some work now but I'll get to it.

Attached files
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »Wow, are you after the mettalic orange or the origional "hugger" orange, or was hugger orange from the mopar set? I am actually going with a Kandy paint with a ghost pearl over it for my body color. Here is the Hugger Orange and white, and the reverse....absolutely sick. -------ANO_Vibe, great work as soon as we get some cloud cover I'll get you an easier picture to work with, I know that picture and the reflection on the hood is gonna make it a pain in the (removed). It's gonna be hard to 100% capture the color but that'll give me a good starting point.
GrayFox

Re: (tangerine)

Post by GrayFox »

yeah a better pic would be nice, haha The reflections don't really matter for the color change but it never hurts to have a sharper pic. I'll wait til you get a better one to mess with it some more. About the stripes... do you want them to start on the hood or go from the bumper?
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Hmm, lets see what starting from the bumper looks like. I knwo the Classic SS stripes started from the hood, and my dad said diffirence is they had chrome not painted bumpers then so I should think about covering the front.
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

ok. Since we've got a lot of extra space to fill I think going from the bumper would be good. Try to get a pic with the sun at your back but not to where it's glaring off the paint.
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Ok, the sun should be blocked by my house in a few hours. After the stupid ice storm that wiped out our tree's we have no shade now. So bright out right now I went to take a picture in an angle that the sun was behind a tree but the truck still came out looking white/yellow. lol
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

I wont have you waste your time on the stripes. Someone on another forum I posted on helped and WOW not what I expected...too much Orange on a truck this size. Here's the chops he did.---------------I gotta decide on a new color..no red and no silver.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i say choose the last one..it's hawt!
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

The Mary Kay SS PickUp
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

lol. he tried to make white but could not get all the red out. anyone who can I'd love to see it in white. Alot of people have suggested I go with the escalade pearl white.
nygiantzz1

Post by nygiantzz1 »

I think White would be nice, the stripes would look cool if you did something like this with the orange outline:

Attached files
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

we went to some shops today to discuss pain options and get some $$'s and I am now deciding between a true pearl white or a white fading down into a blue like the first custom my father and I built. I'm thinking about going solid pearl white with chrome emblems/bowtie and having new brake ducts made with a CNC machine and polished.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

hey tang here are my attempts:

Attached files
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
NascarXprt

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by NascarXprt »

Attached files
NascarXprt

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by NascarXprt »

Attached files
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

nice! yours with white looks good
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

hahaha Those all look pretty good. So have you decided what colors you're going with?
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Yea I decided I am going to go with a true pearl white...no stripes. Gonna have a local steel shop make me some stainless ducts to replace the plastic ducts and chrome emblems. A local shop noticed the work I'v done to my truck and overheard me talking about wanting a new project when I was at a show with a friend and offered me a sponsorship willing to pay 60% of my engine mod cost if I represent them at local races. So with some hard thinking I'm gonna see what my truck can really be made to do with the new smallblock GM released and give my truck a nice new look on the outside to compensate the heart transplant. My uncle and I were gonna build a car, but this is gonna leave some denero in my pocket and still have a fast ride that is comfortable on my back. time to see if we can get a 5600lb truck into the 10's.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »So have you decided what colors you're going with?Quote, originally posted by tangerine »Yea I decided I am going to go with a true pearl white...no stripes. WAIT!!! you didn't see mine yet!!!

Attached files
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

That is more of a Dodge color. :D
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by tangerine »Yea I decided I am going to go with a true pearl white...no stripes. Gonna have a local steel shop make me some stainless ducts to replace the plastic ducts and chrome emblems. A local shop noticed the work I'v done to my truck and overheard me talking about wanting a new project when I was at a show with a friend and offered me a sponsorship willing to pay 60% of my engine mod cost if I represent them at local races. So with some hard thinking I'm gonna see what my truck can really be made to do with the new smallblock GM released and give my truck a nice new look on the outside to compensate the heart transplant. My uncle and I were gonna build a car, but this is gonna leave some denero in my pocket and still have a fast ride that is comfortable on my back. time to see if we can get a 5600lb truck into the 10's. Yummy, why not start now with one of them STS turbo systems? That would be HOT
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

cool! keep us posted on how it goes
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

how about a teaser? :Dgonna build a 454smallblock from GM's new LSX block and put either the new Kenne Belle 2.8 or the Vortech V-4 on top. I'm not a fan of the STS turbo's...and even more so not really a fan of a turbo for what I'm gonna be building this to do. I'm glad these guys confronted me, they showed me one thing on the market now that is the one reason I wanted to get rid of my SS. Before I could not replace the tranny without losing my AWD. Now Speed-eng has kit out to swap out my 4lcrappy with a 4l80 and retain my AWD. Anyhoo, how about some pictures. I'll have more when I decide on the rest of my components.vroom
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

haha, vroom is right
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

wow thats pretty cool