MY New Toy!

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
rebbierae

MY New Toy!

Post by rebbierae »

Ok, this is really no big deal, but I'm pretty excited about it, so I'm going to share anyway!My dad was a professional photographer and newspaper owner, who loved toys, gadgets and electronics. He passed away last May and this has truly been the most difficult year of my life. Anyway, I have never had a digital camera, and told my Mom that I was thinking of getting one with any Christmas money that I had. She told me to hold off, because she needed to go through some of Dad's things, and might be able to come up with one for me. Last weekend I went home for dinner and she gave me one of the last cameras Dad purchased before he died--it's a Sony Cybershot T7 and it is TINY! I haven't had the chance to play with it a whole lot, other than a few pictures of my house, and pissing my cat off, but I can't wait to get out and find something to take pictures of. So not only do I have a cool camera but it was my Dad's and that means the world to me. Maybe some day when I figure out what I'm doing I can add some of my own photos to this forum!
ajflan

Re: MY New Toy! (rebbierae)

Post by ajflan »

Sorry for your loss. Cool camera, though. Learn how to use it and start taking pics!
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
millster

Post by millster »

YAY! Congrats!It's good that you finally have a camera because now we can see more pictures of the Vibe. It's nice that it's one of your Dad's, too.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Awesome! I know you have been wanting a digital for a while now and even better it is from your dad. How perfect is that!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
rebbierae

Re: MY New Toy! (BlueCrush)

Post by rebbierae »

It's pretty cool--I just hope I can figure it out, and I hope I don't drop it in a lake or something! As soon as I can find something worth everyone's time, I'll get some pics up. Wes promised me a supercool sig if only I had a better picture of my car, so that's my immediate goal!
millster

Post by millster »

Quote, originally posted by rebbierae »Wes promised me a supercool sig if only I had a better picture of my car, so that's my immediate goal! Oh boy... now I've got pressure.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

that is awesome!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
b16er

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by b16er »

I am very sorry for your loss. I love my Dad very much and can only imagine how you feel. That is great that you now have his camera and can carry on with one of his hobbies!
rebbierae

Re: (b16er)

Post by rebbierae »

Thanks guys, for all the kind words. It happened almost a year ago (May 1 to be exact--NOT looking forward to that day), but it feels like just last week. I'll never be able to take pictures like HE did--he had the most amazing eye. I just hope our weather gets decent someday so I can get out and practice!
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (rebbierae)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

I definitely empathize with you, rebbierae. My father passed away 11 years ago and also was a professional photographer. It's still hard on certain times of the year...My brother took over the business and has gone on to become a top photographer in Houston (www.leeray.com). My dad would be really proud. I inherited a medium format Pentax and a Hasselblad body. Still use the Hasselblad for astrophotography.
rebbierae

Re: (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by rebbierae »

Thanks Zuben. The one year anniversary is coming up, and I'm taking the day off to meet my mom and go shopping and spend the day together. She doesn't want to be in the house that day and I'm not sure HOW I feel about it all. Still feels like it just happened, and its almost impossible for me to believe that I haven't spoken to my dad in a year, or gotten a big "Dad Hug" from him. The sun is FINALLY out today, so maybe I will go wash up the Vibe and then I'll have something GOOD to take pictures of!
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

hey beck,congrats on the camera! it will be a blast to learn to use it...the viewfinder is a totally different way of looking at the world, and every beautiful pic you take will remind you of the beautiful times with your dad.my father passed away in o3 just before chrstmas. still miss him. he shot things as a hobby...for a long time. my brother kept his old, tiny, minox camera. and i now own this kick (removed) light meter that dad carrried with him, still with its worn leather case.as we tell everyone else on this site, P0ST PICS
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four