PS/Graphics guru's Time to design a new GenVibe T-Shirt

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
kevera

PS/Graphics guru's Time to design a new GenVibe T-Shirt

Post by kevera »

OK,We think it's time for a new design for GenVibe T-shirts.The gods of P/S could hopefully help us out with a few graphics.If anyone has any suggestions,please post up their ideas.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

a tshirt for what? you didn't tell us the details. LOL
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
VforVIBE

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »a tshirt for what? you didn't tell us the details. LOLFor GenVibe
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
02csnow

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by 02csnow »

if you want more info read this threadhttp://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=27631
Bye Bye Vibe.............
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Yea im intrested in this new shirt design stuff
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
joholste

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by joholste »

i'll try to think of something too.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
GrayFox

Re: (joholste)

Post by GrayFox »

I'm game
GrayFox

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by GrayFox »

I guess I should've asked earlier... but what format are we using?should we just go by the cafepress t-shirt template? that would seem the easiest thing to do so noone has to re-format something down the road.
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

you can use whatever you want to use as long as i can put it on a cd
Sputnik

Re: (02csnow)

Post by Sputnik »

For the original GenVibe t-shirts we ran a contest for the members to vote on the t-shirt design.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
GrayFox

Re: (Sputnik)

Post by GrayFox »

So... do we want another contest or is it a free-for-all? It's gonna take me a while to come up with something due to work...
02csnow

Re: (Sputnik)

Post by 02csnow »

if you dont mind me asking. who put the $50 to the top 2 winners? when people bought the shirts, were they paying cost price or full sale price?
joholste

Re: (02csnow)

Post by joholste »

ok so here's one quick idea that popped into my head.

333646=11544-1stideacompletelittle.jpg
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
drunkenmaxx

Re:

Post by drunkenmaxx »

FYIin order to make a file that is useable, one must know what specs the t-shirt shop needs the file to meet. making something look good on screen and making a practical production file are 2 totally different worlds.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
GrayFox

Re: Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by GrayFox »

that's what I was getting at earlier...the cafepress template that I'll use is 2000x1600 pixels @ 200 dpi (10"x8")that's for the front of the shirt... there are also templates for the shoulders (back) and front pockets.
NascarXprt

Re: Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by NascarXprt »

im going to wait until we get some deminsions for the shirts.
02csnow

Re: Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by 02csnow »

as long as i can get a picture on a cd, it does not matter the size. it can be resized to fit on a shirt, longsleeve, hoodie, and even a hat
02csnow

Re: Re: (02csnow)

Post by 02csnow »

here is an example of a hoodie (front and back)
kevera

Re: Re: (02csnow)

Post by kevera »

Here are the guidlines------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you are sending us your own artwork, please read carefully: We use PC's but are able to use some files from Mac's. Our Software: CorelDraw 10, Adobe Photoshop CS2, Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.Accepted files formats: Best: .cdr, .eps, .ai, .wmf, .psd, .tif (scanned outline of artwork)OK: .pdf, .jpeg, .bmp, .gif,, .pct, .pcx, .txt, .doc, .rtf. Unacceptable files: Copyrighted designs, or really low quality images from the web. In order to recreate images, we must be able to see the details. If the image is too pixelated, the finished artwork will not be as good. Resolution: 250 dpi created at printing size. (We recommend zipping large files before E-mailing).Text in vector type files: Please convert all text to curves. In Corel Draw use the function "Convert to Curves" from the Arrange menu. In Adobe Illustrator use the function "Create Outlines" from the Type menu. Font: Please send us the font you used or let us know the name of it. If you don't, we will try to find a close match.Art size: The designs should be saved to the size of the print. We recommend no larger than 4" X 4" for a "pocket" design (ideal is 3.25" X 3.25) and no larger that 12" X 12" for a large imprint.Colors: We can print up to 6 colors or use 4 colors process. However we do not guarantee 100% matching since printing on paper and printing on garments are not similar processes and all computer monitors are not set to show colors the same as others.
Raivis

Re: (joholste)

Post by Raivis »

i like joholste's idea of course needs to be touched up but other wise i like how it incorperates both models.please all i ask abut the shirt is for the design to be on the back i don't really like shirts with designs on front maybe just have "genvibe.com" on the left chesti think we should vote for them. once we get like 5 designsall for a new shirt
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
02csnow

Re: (Raivis)

Post by 02csnow »

we are talking in the chat room right now about the shirts if u wanna get involved
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

anyone have a nice front end pic of a base 03-04 vibe?? wanna get in on this little design lol
02csnow

Re: (RedFire2K)

Post by 02csnow »

WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

any bigger? almost the size of nascar's sig witht he solstice
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

thats the biggest i could find unless someone will take a pic of their own
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

alright cool..well i'll see what i can find..look in the garage or something..almost done what i was discussing in the chat tonight..is their a motto at the site??
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

try looking at ponyota's and meathead333 garage, and i dont believe there is a motto
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

k well here's my idea..i used VforVibes front end..cause i like it..looks abit weird cause you cant see the roof..but..it's a general idea..and of course i gotta change it to like a sketch..somehow..
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

thats somewhat we are looking at, but like you said the full front shot with the roof , older model for the base, and the cars in a sketch mode to where you only see the outlining
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

yea..im trying to figure out how to do the sketch thing
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

heres one i kinda fiddled around with..aint the greatest..
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

thats not that bad, personally i dont like the lettering too much
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

i don't like the gt-r vibe i think since it wasn't really avalible to the public (unless im wrong) it shouldn't be whats mainly on there but otherwise that idea looks sweet!!!
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

If any of the mods know where i can get one part of the old GV shirts with the guages on it, all i would like to use is just the guages, for the redesign contest. thanks Cole, (NascarXprt) heres a few shots of mine (04 front end)
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Here is one design of mine.1 for dark colored shirts,hoodies,sweaters.... 1 for light colored shirts,hoodies,sweaters.....

333854=11551-VectorVibedark.jpg
Kari

Post by Kari »

I like that...very clean. I do think it would be better though if it wasn't one of the "special" Vibes that no one ever got to buy. But otherwise, nice job.
GenVibe Global Moderator
GrayFox

Re: (Kari)

Post by GrayFox »

I'm gonna try and come up with something this weekend Kev, I'm guessing with those specifications you gave, you are planning on producing the shirt? & by four color process I'm (again) guessing you mean CMYK? So are we going to have a poll once we get a few designs? any deadlines? or other misc info?
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

We will have a poll once we get some more designs. Kev is helping me out on this project, and i am getting the shirts and hoodies made. there really is no deadline, just trying to get them done as soon as possible
02csnow

Re: PS/Graphics guru's Time to design a new GenVibe T-Shirt (kevera)

Post by 02csnow »

Im not that great with photoshop, so i decided to freehand something. its just a rough draft, hoping to improve it. just see what you all think and maybe you can use it for some ideals.
Vibr8tr

Re: PS/Graphics guru's Time to design a new GenVibe T-Shirt (02csnow)

Post by Vibr8tr »

I like Nascar's two he had. Even though it's the "GT-R" looking Vibe, It's simple, to the point, yet something I wouldn't be "Embarrassed" to wear. Gives the vibe a "mean" aditude, without looking like you are being snotty about your car.... just my 2cents
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by RedFire2K »k well here's my idea..i used VforVibes front end..cause i like it..awe, thank you... Quote, originally posted by RedFire2K »looks abit weird cause you cant see the roof..but..it's a general idea..

333982=11553-FrontFull.JPG
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
GrayFox

Re: PS/Graphics guru's Time to design a new GenVibe T-Shirt (Vibr8tr)

Post by GrayFox »

I'm working on mine. It'll have a pocket logo thingy with the big design across the back. Will it be possible to have two designs? one for 04-03 people and one for 05-07s?Is it a "make to order" type deal or are you going to produce a certain amount and see what sells?sorry for all the questions but I'm just trying to get a handle on how you guys are going about this
kevera

Re: PS/Graphics guru's Time to design a new GenVibe T-Shirt (ANO_Vibe)

Post by kevera »

We were hoping to cover all the Vibes with the design.And we will do a poll to see which one everybody likes.The color us up to everyone.We were thinking about a sketch type design,so it doesn't just showcase one particular color.We will produce the shirts at the cost of making them,we will not take any profits for them.We just feel it's time for a new shirt,because there are none floating around.
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

Pretty much everything kevera said. i can get the shirts at cost and will sell them to you at cost. if one person wants a hoodie and another wants a longsleeve, then that what they will get. once we decided on the artwork we will get a count on what everybody wants and the order will br placed.
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

works for me hopefully I'll have something to show by early next week....
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »hopefully I'll have something to show by early next week....we're waiting...
GrayFox

Re: PS/Graphics guru's Time to design a new GenVibe T-Shirt (VforVIBE)

Post by GrayFox »

unlike some people that have all the time in the world... I have work to do & a toddler to chase lol j/kIf I had a comp at home I'd have something sooner...& where's your ideas... surely you have something to contribute
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »& where's your ideas... surely you have something to contributeNah, I've given up PS.....J/K
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by 02csnow »Im not that great with photoshop, so i decided to freehand something. its just a rough draft, hoping to improve it. just see what you all think and maybe you can use it for some ideals.I like this idea a lot! I think the Vibes need to be more closely matched as far as size goes, but otherwise, AWESOME! I also like Cole's idea from above with the 2 color designs of the GXP Vibe!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
kevera

Re: PS/Graphics guru's Time to design a new GenVibe T-Shirt (VforVIBE)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Nah, I've given up PS.....J/KLooks good V,I am just worried about the pontiac logo,I'm not sure we can use a copyrighted logo like that.