GenVibe Meet 2016

List events, gatherings, rallies, meets, etc.
kaflex

Re: GenVibe Meet 2016

Post by kaflex »

vibenvy wrote:Less than 2 months to go!
and counting :mrgreen:

View my garage here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
trb

Post by trb »

Looks like I may be out for this year. My job ends June 3rd, and I have another one lined up to start later in the month, so I don't think I can take the days off to come. Airline tickets would be about $400, so that is an option too, but I'll have to see how things work out.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

trb wrote:Looks like I may be out for this year. My job ends June 3rd, and I have another one lined up to start later in the month, so I don't think I can take the days off to come. Airline tickets would be about $400, so that is an option too, but I'll have to see how things work out.
Bummer :(! I was looking forward to meeting you in person.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

trb wrote: Airline tickets would be about $400, so that is an option too, but I'll have to see how things work out.
What ..... Show up without your Vibe :evil: Not an option!

How are the rooms holding out? I didn't reserve mine yet. I will likely just stay Friday night due to an important event taking place back home Sunday afternoon. I'd still hang out all day Saturday with you guys and then drive back Sat night/Sun morning. Looking forward to another great meet :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
trb

Post by trb »

tpollauf wrote:
trb wrote: Airline tickets would be about $400, so that is an option too, but I'll have to see how things work out.
What ..... Show up without your Vibe :evil: Not an option!

How are the rooms holding out? I didn't reserve mine yet. I will likely just stay Friday night due to an important event taking place back home Sunday afternoon. I'd still hang out all day Saturday with you guys and then drive back Sat night/Sun morning. Looking forward to another great meet :D
Well, I would have been Vibeless if my wife came along anyway. She does not ride in the Vibe more than a few miles and only if I insist we are taking it instead of her Equinox. I might talk to Spencer on here and FB, and maybe carpool so we could just drive straight through both ways and only miss a day of work. I was originally planning to drive down Wed/Thurs and back on Sun/Mon if it were just me, and stay a few more days if my wife came along.

I still have my $75 a night reservations for two nights that I have not cancelled yet.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

trb wrote: Well, I would have been Vibeless if my wife came along anyway. She does not ride in the Vibe more than a few miles and only if I insist we are taking it instead of her Equinox.
I can somewhat relate to your situation Tom. I will likely be "wifeless" when I head to this meet (could be a good thing, could be a bad thing). That being wifeless JUST for the trip ..... still married :o Here she is 6+ years younger than me but medical issues are starting to take a toll on her body. One being NO long continuous trips. Also she will not like driving late or through the morning to get home in time for a graduation party Sunday. I have no problems with it :D

ElScotto

Post by ElScotto »

Sounds like a cool meet! I am planning on making it, especially with it being so close!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

ElScotto wrote:Sounds like a cool meet! I am planning on making it, especially with it being so close!
Yay! Another 2nd gen :cool:!
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

GENVIBE MEET 2016 TACTICAL UPDATE: T - 31 days

Ladies, gents, everyone in-between, and Zane....

The meet is coming up fast! We are one month out so I wanted to just post a refresher AND see who is confirmed as going.

THE PLAN:

Day 1: GenVibe Tennessee Assault Alpha

Convene upon the Lane Motor Museum on Saturday, June 25th at 10:00 in the morning. We will be there basically all day, have lunch, hang out, so on and so forth.... ==There will be an entry fee of $8 per head== Entry fee must be paid as one sum to the museum, so at T-10 days I will make a post with a Paypal link so we may start checking off names as paid or not. For lunch we have access to a place to sit and eat at the Lane. We can work out payment for food the day of... Post-meet, we can hang around until dinner at a yet-to-be-determined location. (If you have suggestions, please share them).

Day 2: GenVibe Assault on Vette Museum

Get up bright and early, Vibers. We shall caraVibe upon the backroads of Tennessee and Kentucky until we hit Bowling Green, the location of the assault. Along the way we will have stop for brunch and supplies at a yet-to-be-determined location. Roadtrip professional Zack Byers will have maps with our route. Please do not share this with the enemy. We shall arrive at the National Corvette Museum hopefully around high noon. Gives us adequate time to peruse and study the enemy and return home same-day (which is Sunday, June 16th).

That's the plan, Vibers! Any questions please let me know. I'm sure there will be some meetings happening on Friday. If you have a Facebook then jump on the GV page, as you can stay up-to-the-minute on there.

Confirmed attendees: (let's just start a new rolling list)

Me/KITT222
trb

Post by trb »

OK guys I WILL BE THERE! Got the new job situation all sorted out, got permission from my boss, and booked a flight to Nashville on the 24th and I will leave late on the 26th. This will be an expensive little trip, but I've been wanting to go!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

trb wrote:OK guys I WILL BE THERE! Got the new job situation all sorted out, got permission from my boss, and booked a flight to Nashville on the 24th and I will leave late on the 26th. This will be an expensive little trip, but I've been wanting to go!
Yay! So glad to hear Thomas! Can't wait to meet you!

Nick, as I said on FB, I'm in! Vibin' solo. Arriving mid-afternoon Friday and leaving Sunday morning. I will probably caravibe with you guys to the Corvette Museum, assuming it's not out of the way for me, but I don't know yet whether I'll actually check out the museum or not. I have to be up at 5:30am for work Monday, so I don't want to be getting back home too late.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

T-minus thirteen days

Two notes:

1. If you are coming please bring cash for admission.

2. If anyone needs junkyard parts and wants them delivered during the meet speak now or forever hold your peace....

Thank you, and I'm getting quite excited for another awesome meet!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I'm excited that it's only 2 weeks away :D!

I'm also freaking out that it's only 2 weeks away :|!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

vibenvy wrote:I'm excited that it's only 2 weeks away :D!

I'm also freaking out that it's only 2 weeks away :|!
I'm also freaking out .... but not a happy freaking out. Two graduation parties that weekend and the one I was planning on missing I was somewhat told "you can't miss it". Anyways I'll know more in a couple weeks but it's not looking good for me :x

zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Alrigghhttttttttt. Sooo, here is the schedule for the Sunday GenVibe Tactical Assault on the National Corvette Museum:

GenVibe Tactical Assault on National Corvette Museum!

I may or may not make it to the meet, but so far, here is the gameplan for the GenVibe Tactical Assault on National Corvette Museum. PS: I highly recommend printing a copy of these directions. The addresses are also shown in the pdf.

Step 1) Gathering of the Vibes at the Quality Inn & Suites in Mt. Juliet on Sunday morning. Departure will be at 8:30am sharp, so don't be late.

Step 2) Consume foods at Cathy's Country Cupboard in preparation for aforementioned assault. This is now a confirmed destination.

Step 3) Continue CaraVibe to the National Corvette Museum. This is where the assault will occur.

Step 4) Upon completion of said assault, we must part ways to avoid enemy fire. That is, unless you have to go through Ohio [the worst state ever]. Those of us going that way can continue CaraVibe to Columbus, where most of us will then separate to further divert the enemy attention.

Step 5) Any question!? Ask Nick and I and we will see what we can do!

PS: This is the link to the Google Maps route I have planned to travel for this assault: https://goo.gl/maps/7jjpEp7T4ZQ2

PPS: The pdf with more info is too large to be attached here. Please see the post on the Book of Faces to download the file if need be.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

tpollauf wrote:I'm also freaking out .... but not a happy freaking out. Two graduation parties that weekend and the one I was planning on missing I was somewhat told "you can't miss it". Anyways I'll know more in a couple weeks but it's not looking good for me :x
:cry:
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

T-Minues 6 days everyone!! It's getting closer! Finish up those projects ASAP!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I finished up my projects yesterday! Got the rear window deflectors re-installed, interior detailed, exterior washed and caliper paint touched up. All that's left to do is pack, get all the parts I'm bringing to sell (hopefully) gathered up and get everything packed into the Vibe. I'm going to grab some breakfast with my mom Friday morning and than I will be on my way! So excited to see my Vibe family :D!
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

The Plan for GenVibe Assault Day One:

10:00am - Meet at the Lane Motor Museum. We will get a head count, pay, and wander about the Lane. We will have the conference room with refrigerator, and the grassy area outside for our use. Shaded trees will be there and I will try and remember to get some beverages.

1:00pm - The Lane basement tour! Specially guided tour into the basement of the most obscure car museum out there. We will be with a Porsche group, so no biting.

Lunchtime: planning on pizza delivery (remind me to remind them that we need plates and stuff)

Dinnertime: I was recommended Whitts Barbecue, just down the road from the Quality Inn, so that is where we shall attempt to food for the night. Worst case we pack into the parking lot again and get more delivery, or something like that.

As far as before that, I have no plans. I estimate we will eventually end up at the car wash at roughly the same time. Then the evening shall wind down and we will prep for GenVibe Assault Day Two.

Rest well, Vibers. It was great meeting many of you tonight, and I look forward to tomorrow night.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

The pictures Brittany took can be seen on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/brittanyleephotography20

EDIT:

These have now been uploaded to my Google Drive to be seen!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8tnk ... zItRy1OUWM
Last edited by zbyers on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khaj

Post by Khaj »

zbyers wrote:The pictures Brittany took can be seen on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/brittanyleephotography20

If you're not on Facebook, hopefully I can have these uploaded to my Google Drive on Monday so you can view them there. We had a great time and look forward to doing it again!
I hope I'll be able to attend next year's event. Definitely got some work to do on my car before I try to show it off even a little bit.
2006 Pontiac Vibe Base Auto
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Khaj wrote:I hope I'll be able to attend next year's event. Definitely got some work to do on my car before I try to show it off even a little bit.
I'm pretty much bone stock and still show up. It's not all about the mods (though they are usually pretty sweet!). Everyone had a good time, even a few people who showed up in other cars. Someone rented a car, my dad brought his Equinox. You should definitely try to attend. It is a blast.

Khaj

Post by Khaj »

zbyers wrote:
Khaj wrote:I hope I'll be able to attend next year's event. Definitely got some work to do on my car before I try to show it off even a little bit.
I'm pretty much bone stock and still show up. It's not all about the mods (though they are usually pretty sweet!). Everyone had a good time, even a few people who showed up in other cars. Someone rented a car, my dad brought his Equinox. You should definitely try to attend. It is a blast.
Definitely will try to next year. I just got the car the same weekend as the event. It's had a few fender benders, so I've gotta tend to those issues at some point. Today seems like a restoration headlight day. Just got the 3M kit and xtreme visions in the mail yesterday.
2006 Pontiac Vibe Base Auto
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Khaj wrote:Just got the xtreme visions in the mail yesterday.
Great call on getting X-treme Visions ;)! You won't be disappointed!