GenVibe Meet 2016

List events, gatherings, rallies, meets, etc.
KITT222

GenVibe Meet 2016

Post by KITT222 »

WEDNESDAY MAY 25TH UPDATE

GENVIBE MEET 2016 TACTICAL UPDATE: T - 31 days

Ladies, gents, everyone in-between, and Zane....

The meet is coming up fast! We are one month out so I wanted to just post a refresher AND see who is confirmed as going.

THE PLAN:

Day 1: GenVibe Tennessee Assault Alpha

Convene upon the Lane Motor Museum on Saturday, June 25th at 10:00 in the morning. We will be there basically all day, have lunch, hang out, so on and so forth.... ==There will be an entry fee of $8 per head== Entry fee must be paid as one sum to the museum, so at T-10 days I will make a post with a Paypal link so we may start checking off names as paid or not. For lunch we have access to a place to sit and eat at the Lane. We can work out payment for food the day of... Post-meet, we can hang around until dinner at a yet-to-be-determined location. (If you have suggestions, please share them).

Day 2: GenVibe Assault on Vette Museum

Get up bright and early, Vibers. We shall caraVibe upon the backroads of Tennessee and Kentucky until we hit Bowling Green, the location of the assault. Along the way we will have stop for brunch and supplies at a yet-to-be-determined location. Roadtrip professional Zack Byers will have maps with our route. Please do not share this with the enemy. We shall arrive at the National Corvette Museum hopefully around high noon. Gives us adequate time to peruse and study the enemy and return home same-day (which is Sunday, June 16th).

That's the plan, Vibers! Any questions please let me know. I'm sure there will be some meetings happening on Friday. If you have a Facebook then jump on the GV page, as you can stay up-to-the-minute on there.

Confirmed attendees: (let's just start a new rolling list)

Me/KITT222

PREVIOUS STUFFS
GenVibe Meet 2016!

== Lane Motor Museum on June 25th -- National Corvette Museum June 26th -- Possibly Corvette plant June 24th ==

June 24th: Possible tour of the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY for those interested. I can get ten in for free. Possibly more pending who attends

June 25th: Main Meet & fun at the Lane Motoe Museum! Explore some highly obscure cars while enjoying our own vehicles just outside on the grassy field just outside.

PRICE: $8/head for basement tour & main tour (under 18 gets different pricing) -- Will collect admission prior to meet via Paypal preferably

June 26th: Motor up to the National Corvette Museum for some Corvette related fun (ZACH -- Potential here for a caraVibe)

Hotel: Pending (email sent & awaiting response) - Club Hotel & Suites

There's fun roads nearby, Nashville attractions & food, and that junk store from American Pickers (which I kind of want to go see....)

Anyway, let me know what your going status is! Facebook will help me track. But if you could, please do your username & human name is so nobody gets double-counted

Otherwise, I look forward to meeting new people and seeing old friends!

Going
Nick/KITT222
Miles/
Jeff/Kaflex & three extra (married with children)
Luke/
Carrie/vibenvy
Zane/zvibe04
Trey/
Meghan/
Zack/zbyers & Brittany
Spencer/
Tim/tpollauf
Tim/liquorboxracing & Denise
Ashton/rvaworm

Maybe
Rob/salsaguy
Andrew/it'sbeentoolongandI'veforgottenyourdarnusername
+32 others.....

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/950325095022523/
GenVibe page: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=45002
Last edited by KITT222 on Wed May 25, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
vibenvy

Re: GenVibe Meet 2016

Post by vibenvy »

As I said on FB, the date and location are fine with me. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread in addition to the FB page...
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

YES ... I'm in again ;) Especially since it will be at a completely different location. Anytime in June works for me. I'm NOT on Facebook so keep posting info here for all of us to read. Great work again Nick :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
kaflex

Post by kaflex »

tpollauf wrote:YES ... I'm in again ;) Especially since it will be at a completely different location. Anytime in June works for me. I'm NOT on Facebook so keep posting info here for all of us to read. Great work again Nick :D
shhh, Nick forgot about the forum users. I had to give him alittle reminder. ;)

View my garage here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

As stated on the Book of Faces, that works for me. Looking forward to getting more information!
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

kaflex wrote: shhh, Nick forgot about the forum users. I had to give him alittle reminder. ;)
Oh no !!!!!! The Flint water has gotten into his brain :o Hope there's not too much damage done to him :lol:

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

tpollauf wrote:
kaflex wrote: shhh, Nick forgot about the forum users. I had to give him alittle reminder. ;)
Oh no !!!!!! The Flint water has gotten into his brain :o Hope there's not too much damage done to him :lol:

Oh hush, I've been busy getting acclimated at Flint Assembly...
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Bumpity. Any more opinions on this? Otherwise I'll start sending emails.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

The Vibe and I are excited to go somewhere new and further away! Looking forward to more details!
kaflex

Post by kaflex »

Looks like the 25th is good for all

View my garage here:
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

That's the problem with living out west. It would be a nearly 5,000 mile drive round trip. I can't justify $450 in gas and 4-5 days of constant daytime driving for a weekend event.
2003 Vibe Base A/T
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

BenWA wrote:That's the problem with living out west. It would be a nearly 5,000 mile drive round trip. I can't justify $450 in gas and 4-5 days of constant daytime driving for a weekend event.
Aeroplane! Fly to the meet lol. We'll come getcha!

tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

BenWA wrote:That's the problem with living out west. It would be a nearly 5,000 mile drive round trip. I can't justify $450 in gas and 4-5 days of constant daytime driving for a weekend event.

Yah you west coast folks are sorta screwed when it comes to a meet on the east coast OR middle of the country :x Nashville will be a perfect "centrally located" location to where anybody within a 8-10 hour drive could make it ..... unless you're on the other side of the Rockie mountains!

BenWA

Post by BenWA »

tpollauf wrote:

Yah you west coast folks are sorta screwed when it comes to a meet on the east coast OR middle of the country :x Nashville will be a perfect "centrally located" location to where anybody within a 8-10 hour drive could make it ..... unless you're on the other side of the Rockie mountains!
I used to live in Arkansas and I recall 2 days (more like a 1-3/4) to get to DC in the dead of January driving in daylight hours only, obeying the speed limits and not being in a hurry really, since I stopped over in Nashville for the night at a motel.

Thinking about the distance without looking at a map it doesn't seem so far. But then referencing a map and it's like OH LORD! Plus I'm so far north, which adds another 200-250 miles each way than from say Sacramento.
2003 Vibe Base A/T
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Alright folks, I have official emailed the Lane Motor Museum, and will get back to you with details! June 25th is our date as of the moment of my typing....

BenWA wrote:
tpollauf wrote:

I used to live in Arkansas and I recall 2 days (more like a 1-3/4) to get to DC in the dead of January driving in daylight hours only, obeying the speed limits and not being in a hurry really, since I stopped over in Nashville for the night at a motel.

Thinking about the distance without looking at a map it doesn't seem so far. But then referencing a map and it's like OH LORD! Plus I'm so far north, which adds another 200-250 miles each way than from say Sacramento.
I understand. Going to Tennessee was to try and get more southerners involved. Next year I am considering setting up something in Colorado, closer to the western guys. It's still a bit.... difficult, but it's something. We did this in Illinois the past few years because there's lots of Vibers central to the midwest area, and it worked out rather well.
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

Sadly, IL is not much better than TN for us in the NW haha. :lol:
2003 Vibe Base A/T
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Anxiously awaiting more details!

Colorado would be amazing!
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Looking forward to getting more info!

I agree, Colorado or any of the states in the four corners would be sweet. I was born in New Mexico so it would be a perfect reason to go back! lol

handmedown03

Post by handmedown03 »

So how many attend this? Nashville and Bowling Green are pretty close to me.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

handmedown03 wrote:So how many attend this? Nashville and Bowling Green are pretty close to me.
We had a decent group of people last year. Probably like 10-15 Vibes. See the pictures here.

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Alright folks, I have received and responded to the Lane's contact. If I am correct, we will receive use of a meeting room from 10-12:30, go on the basement tour at 1:00, and be free to do stuff every time near then. There's a covered garage in which we can park that's the same room as the museum, but that's public, so people may be coming & going and it might be more crowded. Otherwise, there's a grassy field just outside free to use if we let them know. Pricing is a thing this year, but it's very reasonable. $5/head for adults, $3 for under 6-17. Then an additional $3/head for the basement tour, and a "minimum" of fifteen people for these rates.

Any questions/concerns/ideas let me know! Once I get this on their calendar I'll start counting people and finding hotels.
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

Massive interest in a colorado meet, not sure if I'd be able to do the KY/TN meet...
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

I'm in! I already asked for the time off of work lol. If it changes, I can cancel.

kaflex

Post by kaflex »

zbyers wrote:I'm in! I already asked for the time off of work lol. If it changes, I can cancel.
I put in my notice also, just waiting for more info on this now

View my garage here:
liquorboxracing

Post by liquorboxracing »

I'm planning on being there. Sounds like a killer road trip.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

I could be easily talked into a KY/TN meet.

edit 1: also... this:http://tailofthedragon.com/ we need to do this.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Primary post updated! Let me know your status!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Nick. I don't see my name included! Don't penalize me because I'm not on Facebook :o Count me in for most of the activities and the Vette tour would be awesome if I can get an extra day off ;) Tim Pollauf/tpollauf

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Of course not, Tim... I'll add you momentarily.

And I suppose this is a good time to float the idea of a caravan from Michigan to Tennessee/Kentucky? Who might be interested in that? Or would that be a bad idea?
Rvaworm

Post by Rvaworm »

I Ashton (dubbed the "Junk Yard King" for some reason), will be attending and will do activities and caravan.

P. S.
First major Vibe meet that I am attending to.
kaflex

Post by kaflex »

KITT222 wrote:Primary post updated! Let me know your status!
You know my status, married with children.... Lol

View my garage here:
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

PS: my username is Zbyers ;) It will be Brittany and I. I'm not sure, but my dad and brother may attend as well. So 2 for sure with maybe 2 more. This seems like it may be quite a bigger meet than last year!

While I know some may not be "outdoorsy," may I suggest trying to do a meet as a campout type thing with a caravan to a fun place? We do this with our VW campouts and they are a blast! As an example, see Buses By the Bridge. While their schedule doesn't include a CaraVibe to a specific place, there are many others that do.

Either way, I am looking forward to this years meet and hopefully many more to come!

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Thanks everyone. Main post updated. And Zach, with the Corvette museum on Sunday we could find some fun roads and caraVibe on up there. I wholly support the idea of a micro-roadtrip. Heck, seeing Jeff & company in the middle of nowhere, Ohio at a rest stop was a fun diversion. In fact, if you wanted to check routes from Nashville to Bowling Green, KY, you could take that task.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

HOTEL UPDATE

Quality Inn Airport
1000 Herschel Drive
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122

10 rooms

$99-$110/night for June 24 - June 26

Call 615-773-3600 and mention GENVIBE

I apologize for the delay, but there we are!
Djaxes

Post by Djaxes »

This is my first post but recently my soon to be wife purchased a new car and i've gotten her old vibe and i would love to come to this meet up but its on our wedding day and i don't think i can convince her to cut it short
Memphis, TN

"The darker the night the brighter the stars" - Braum
trb

Post by trb »

Don't know if I will be able to come or not, but I went ahead and reserved a couple of rooms until I know if I'm coming alone, with the family, or not at all. I have a rewards plan with Choice Hotels, and my rate for a single queen was $75 a night, two queens was $110 a night. Here's hoping I can come and convince my wife it will be fun! (Might have to take her on a cruise before hand!)
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Djaxes wrote:This is my first post but recently my soon to be wife purchased a new car and i've gotten her old vibe and i would love to come to this meet up but its on our wedding day and i don't think i can convince her to cut it short
Welcome to GenVibe :D Sounds like you're already married! The wife gets the new toys and us guys get the "hand me downs" :lol: Good luck on the wedding and meet up with us at another date. FYI ... where you from (update profile please)

Djaxes

Post by Djaxes »

tpollauf wrote:
Djaxes wrote:This is my first post but recently my soon to be wife purchased a new car and i've gotten her old vibe and i would love to come to this meet up but its on our wedding day and i don't think i can convince her to cut it short
Welcome to GenVibe :D Sounds like you're already married! The wife gets the new toys and us guys get the "hand me downs" :lol: Good luck on the wedding and meet up with us at another date. FYI ... where you from (update profile please)
Will update ASAP but fyi Southaven MS/Memphis TN. I was driving a 97 suabru legacy before and old grey beard bit the bullet finally and she was like "we can afford a new car" but what she really meant was SHE can afford a new car XD. i miss the old subaru but this vibe is GOING to be extra sweet right now its a project as far as getting it un-girlafied.
Memphis, TN

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I'll be reserving my room tomorrow!
trb wrote:Don't know if I will be able to come or not, but I went ahead and reserved a couple of rooms until I know if I'm coming alone, with the family, or not at all. I have a rewards plan with Choice Hotels, and my rate for a single queen was $75 a night, two queens was $110 a night. Here's hoping I can come and convince my wife it will be fun! (Might have to take her on a cruise before hand!)
I really hope you can make it Thomas! It'd be great to meet you in person :)!
Welcome to GenVibe! Many of us will be arriving in the area Friday and leaving Sunday, so maybe you could join us one of those days...

Congrats on the wedding!
kaflex

Post by kaflex »

:ugeek:
Just have the wedding at the meet :lol:, we're just one big family

View my garage here:
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

kaflex wrote: Just have the wedding at the meet :lol:, we're just one big family
I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe we can crash his wedding :lol: A parking lot full of Vibes would look real good in his photo album!

I'll be making my reservations in a week or two. Have to make sure there are not any other activities conflicting with those dates.

Djaxes

Post by Djaxes »

tpollauf wrote:
kaflex wrote: Just have the wedding at the meet :lol:, we're just one big family
I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe we can crash his wedding :lol: A parking lot full of Vibes would look real good in his photo album!

I'll be making my reservations in a week or two. Have to make sure there are not any other activities conflicting with those dates.
yoooooooooo. pink palace musem Memphis tn. 3050 Central Ave, Memphis, TN 38111

ceremony starts at 6. reception to follow. :D :D :D
Memphis, TN

Vibemaster09

Post by Vibemaster09 »

I'm coming! :D
Built not bought - Happy Modding
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Djaxes wrote:yoooooooooo. pink palace musem Memphis tn. 3050 Central Ave, Memphis, TN 38111

:lol:
Vibemaster09 wrote:I'm coming! :D
Yay! Another 2nd gen!

I reserved my room last Sunday! I'm planning on arriving mid-afternoon Friday and leaving Sunday morning.
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

incredibly sorry to say that EVEN how close this is to me that I may not make it.
struggling with work to clear the time off.
I had previously scheduled a vacation like a week after this meet.

....THAT SAID....

Nick can text me and let me know the final count (assuming I CAN'T make it) of people attending and I'm going to try
to throw in a free Genvibe.com decal for everyone attending. I recently purchased everything I need to basically start up a small
graphic/sign shop and I'd love to give back to this awesome community.
kaflex

Post by kaflex »

vibenvy wrote:
Djaxes wrote:yoooooooooo. pink palace musem Memphis tn. 3050 Central Ave, Memphis, TN 38111

:lol:
Vibemaster09 wrote:I'm coming! :D
Yay! Another 2nd gen!

I reserved my room last Sunday! I'm planning on arriving mid-afternoon Friday and leaving Sunday morning.
First gen or nothing, hahaha

View my garage here:
Djaxes

Post by Djaxes »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:incredibly sorry to say that EVEN how close this is to me that I may not make it.
struggling with work to clear the time off.
I had previously scheduled a vacation like a week after this meet.

....THAT SAID....

Nick can text me and let me know the final count (assuming I CAN'T make it) of people attending and I'm going to try
to throw in a free Genvibe.com decal for everyone attending. I recently purchased everything I need to basically start up a small
graphic/sign shop and I'd love to give back to this awesome community.
how about a wedding present ;) ;) ;) ;)
Memphis, TN

A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Djaxes wrote: how about a wedding present ;) ;) ;) ;)
wedding present meaning.....???

Also...Nick, shoot me a text this week. Moved to a Galaxy S7 and
it seems I hadn't saved you number on my Google account. Lost it.
Djaxes

Post by Djaxes »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:
Djaxes wrote: how about a wedding present ;) ;) ;) ;)
wedding present meaning.....???

Also...Nick, shoot me a text this week. Moved to a Galaxy S7 and
it seems I hadn't saved you number on my Google account. Lost it.
i guess i should have put some context on it. I am not going to be able to go because the meet is on the day of my wedding and, I would love a genvibe sticker. Before i lost my subaru i had /r/subaru and the reddit snoobaru stickers.
Memphis, TN

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Less than 2 months to go!