GenVibe Meet 2015

List events, gatherings, rallies, meets, etc.
Dairgo

Re: GenVibe Meet 2015

Post by Dairgo »

That drive-in Theater, that I might do. Haven't been to a drive-in in a long time.

Dirt tracks are always fun.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

ctgottapee wrote:There is a fairly well run and updated drive in theater with first run movies in another small town nearby, Harvest Moon Drive In, Gibson City.
http://www.harvestmoondrivein.com/
45mins is 'nearby' in a rural area, the drive is on rural highways, only requires one turn outside ptown
It's cheaper than a real theater and most people have nothing but good things to say and they've put a lot of money into and left the old charm too
Dairgo wrote:That drive-in Theater, that I might do. Haven't been to a drive-in in a long time.
I have been by that Drive-In a bunch of times when traveling south on Route 47. I didn't really realize it's semi-close to Pontiac. That might be a fun little road trip.

I have a Drive-In about 15 minutes from me (Route 34 Drive-In in Earlville, IL). I need to get over there again one of these days. If only they would show a movie I actually wanted to see :P.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

A drive-in might be a fun way to cap off Saturday night.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Sounds good to me.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Not having much luck with the internet..... Anyone by chance know how I could plan a route 66 trip from St Louis to Pontiac.
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

Dairgo wrote:Not having much luck with the internet..... Anyone by chance know how I could plan a route 66 trip from St Louis to Pontiac.
For the actual road, it runs along 55, so put in st louis to chicago via google maps, then zoom in and you'll see the route 66 road along side it - generally as a side access road that goes through the towns rather than around them like the interstate does, and the railroad will be right next to it too. You can re-route the path and print if you can't take a gps with you.
While driving it outside those big cities, the locals generally have the road marked with signs. Obviously new construction has cut off or replaced where the road was in metro areas.

There are tons of route 66 websites for touristy stuff
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Alright everyone, GenVibe Pontiac Illinois 2015: who will be there? I'm going to send an email out tonight to the Pontiac People and want to get my numbers straight. And if you could also post your GenVibe forum username, that would be a great help. Thanks
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

I will be there...

GV: Dairgo

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

I'm there.

Hotbug1776

Andy
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I'm making it this year Nick ;) Count me in ...................... Tim
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

My mom and I will be there!

GV: vibenvy / vibenvy's mom

There's been a slight change in plans for us. We will still be arriving Friday, but it will be a little bit later as I will be working until 3. That should put us there by 6 at the latest. Two weeks from today... can't wait :D!!!
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

We are in! We'll be there Friday afternoon. Booked a room at Super 8, as well. Gotta take off earlier on Saturday, probably 5pm or so, as my girlfriend works first thing on Sunday. :o Looking forward to meeting everyone!
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

zbyers wrote:We are in! We'll be there Friday afternoon. Booked a room at Super 8, as well. Gotta take off earlier on Saturday, probably 5pm or so, as my girlfriend works first thing on Sunday. :o Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Woo hoo! Can't wait to meet you, your girlfriend and your Vibe :D!

So, when my mom and I get into town Friday evening, I'll know to head over to the Super 8 if no one's around the Best Western :P!

In case anyone needs it, here's my cell number: 8one5two8zero3zero2five. Calls and texts are fine. If you call and I don't answer it's more than likely because I'm driving, but I will get back to you ;).

I probably won't check in here anymore before Friday, so everyone have a safe trip to Pontiac and I look forward to seeing those of you I've already met again and meeting the new faces and Vibes that are coming! It's going to be a GREAT weekend guys and girls :cool:!!!
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

One of these times I'll make it. I had good intentions this year, but with our house sale and move to Virginia taking most our time, it just didn't work out. If another event takes place next year, you can bet I'll be making the trip with Project Vibe. Hope everyone has a good time and posts pictures when they get back.

JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

I hope the rain holds off for you guys, been pretty much every day a little bit of something
right now forecast for rain here is 40% Fri morning 0% Fri night, 40% Sat morning & 70% Sat night, 50% Sun morning
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

I might be the one to bring the rain with me....

Currently in St. Louis area, we are getting the after affects of Tropical storm Bill, it's flooding here in places.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Got here about 4. Saw a fellow GenViber almost immediately. Checked in, cruised around downtown, saw another fellow GenViber, went to Big R and ate at Pontiac Buffet. Hanging out in the room for a while. Gonna head over to the Super 8 a little later.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Leaving Toledo around 7-8am so I should arrive 1-2pm. Save me a parking spot! See you guys real soon .......................... Tim

gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

Be sure to take some pictures for those of us who can't attend!
kaflex

Post by kaflex »

tpollauf wrote:I'm making it this year Nick ;) Count me in ...................... Tim

View my garage here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

gtv237 wrote:Be sure to take some pictures for those of us who can't attend!
I will be dumping photos from my "real" camera on Photobucket in next few days, full resolution, not compressed.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I too will be dumping some pics to a 3rd party site for all to view. Had an awesome time as usual and set some records along the way too. My 2.4l 2009 Vibe GT with a manual 5-speed got a very impressive 38.1 MPG on the 330 mile trip to Pontiac. On the way home I ran the A/C most of the trip and it costs me a few mpg's. Only got 35.6 MPG heading home. Good music, good scenery, good company, and good Vibe'rations :lol: Who could ask for anything more! Will do it again next year!

Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

2015 Genvibe Photo thread/Photobucket dump created.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44448&p=506049#p506049
Baltovibe

Post by Baltovibe »

Dairgo wrote:2015 Genvibe Photo thread/Photobucket dump created.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44448&p=506049#p506049
Unless I am doing something wrong, most of the albums are private.
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

saw a mystic blue colored vibe on sunday in pontiac for the first time and figured it was someone at the meet, but don't see it in the pics...

what is the 'not a ladybug' vehicle??
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

The not a ladybug, is a Chevy Sonic.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

We had an awesome time in Pontiac with everyone! I look forward to doing it again another time.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

@ ctgottapee: Where were you? I thought you were going to join us. I was looking forward to meeting you and checking out your AWD :(.

I had a great time as always! It was great seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones.

I will add my pictures some time this coming week, although I didn't take very many (only about 58 I believe).

Now to start planning for next year :mrgreen:...
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

Work demands took over
I did drive through and by the hotel on a couple occasions but didn't see anyone. That is when I saw the mystic blue vibe
vibenvy wrote:@ ctgottapee: Where were you? I thought you were going to join us. I was looking forward to meeting you and checking out your AWD :(.

I had a great time as always! It was great seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones.

I will add my pictures some time this coming week, although I didn't take very many (only about 58 I believe).

Now to start planning for next year :mrgreen:...
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

ctgottapee wrote:Work demands took over
I did drive through and by the hotel on a couple occasions but didn't see anyone. That is when I saw the mystic blue vibe
That sucks, but alas... work comes first.

I'm actually planning on heading back to Pontiac for their all Pontiac show that happens some time in September I believe. Perhaps we could set up a meet and greet than...

Here's the link for my pictures. I also have some in there that I "stole" from Ian (Dairgo) :P!
GaryG92

Post by GaryG92 »

If only I still lived in Iowa :/ But since I'm all the way in Texas, I think it's a no-go for me, even though I'd like to. Maybe one day!
Proud Vibe owner as of 6/13/2015
05 Base, 131k miles
Team Lava
Looking forward to many years of good Vibes!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

GaryG92 wrote:If only I still lived in Iowa :/ But since I'm all the way in Texas, I think it's a no-go for me, even though I'd like to. Maybe one day!
Living in Texas is not a good enough excuse... lannvouivre and her boyfriend made it and they live in Texas (Odessa) :P!
GaryG92

Post by GaryG92 »

vibenvy wrote:
GaryG92 wrote:If only I still lived in Iowa :/ But since I'm all the way in Texas, I think it's a no-go for me, even though I'd like to. Maybe one day!
Living in Texas is not a good enough excuse... lannvouivre and her boyfriend made it and they live in Texas (Odessa) :P!
What if I said I'm a full time college student approaching his final year while part time managing a local pizza restaurant? :P

Hopefully one day I can make it to a meet, cause I've fallen in love with the Vibe and the community
05 Base, 131k miles
Team Lava
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

GaryG92 wrote:What if I said I'm a full time college student approaching his final year while part time managing a local pizza restaurant? :P

Hopefully one day I can make it to a meet, cause I've fallen in love with the Vibe and the community
I guess that's a little better of an excuse :P.

In all seriousness, I highly recommend attending a meet if you're able. GenVibe people are the nicest bunch of people. There's no, "My Vibe is faster / cooler / better, etc. than yours!". It's much more about the people than it is the Vibes. We don't care if your Vibe is bone stock or modded like crazy. We all have Vibes and we love them and that's all that matters! Great times at every meet I've had the chance to attend! Heck, people even bring their spouses, significant others, kids. That's another great thing about GenVibers, there's no childish nonsense like street racing, burnouts, etc. We're a very family / kid friendly bunch (as you can see by the children running around in some of the pictures I posted from the meet :P!) :D!
GaryG92

Post by GaryG92 »

vibenvy wrote:
GaryG92 wrote:What if I said I'm a full time college student approaching his final year while part time managing a local pizza restaurant? :P

I guess that's a little better of an excuse :P.

In all seriousness, I highly recommend attending a meet if you're able. GenVibe people are the nicest bunch of people. There's no, "My Vibe is faster / cooler / better, etc. than yours!". It's much more about the people than it is the Vibes. We don't care if your Vibe is bone stock or modded like crazy. We all have Vibes and we love them and that's all that matters! Great times at every meet I've had the chance to attend! Heck, people even bring their spouses, significant others, kids. That's another great thing about GenVibers, there's no childish nonsense like street racing, burnouts, etc. We're a very family / kid friendly bunch (as you can see by the children running around in some of the pictures I posted from the meet :P!) :D!
I'll definitely consider it each time it comes up. I've never seen a community of people who liked the same car so much. Maybe because this is only the 2nd car I've purchased (First one was mazda millenia, and it's been in the shop for the last 2-3 months :x )
05 Base, 131k miles
Team Lava
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

vibenvy wrote:Living in Texas is not a good enough excuse... lannvouivre and her boyfriend made it and they live in Texas (Odessa) :P!
We drove all the way back in one day, it was f'n horrible NEVER AGAIN. The main bad part was the headlight bulbs and projectors not really being enough up to snuff.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

lannvouivre wrote:We drove all the way back in one day, it was f'n horrible NEVER AGAIN. The main bad part was the headlight bulbs and projectors not really being enough up to snuff.
Ugh, that sucks, but the important thing is you guys made it home safely!

When my parents and I used to go to Cocoa Beach, Florida for vacation we would drive (well my parents would because I wasn't old enough at the time :P) and we would always do the driving portion of the trip over three days. It was about 1200 miles one way, so the first day we would leave super early in the morning around 3 or so and drive until we got to Tennessee, spend the night, drive to Alabama or Georgia the next day, spend the night and on the third day we would arrive in the afternoon / evening. I can't imagine driving much more than 400-500 miles in one day. I know I would get way too sleepy behind the wheel :|.