Its that time again-> Genvibe 2015!!!

List events, gatherings, rallies, meets, etc.
hotbug1776

Its that time again-> Genvibe 2015!!!

Post by hotbug1776 »

Alright Genvibers, this year things are going to change up a bit.

Same location Pontiac, Illinois. June 20th or July 18th (most likely June 20th).

Same cruise night awesomeness!!

The change this year... We're inviting some friends to join us!!! Matrixowners.com, HolyRollerz.org, J-body.org, Zippy Mcwheels and the Six Pot Blast Pipes, and more!!! (an official list and more details will be coming soon)

I'm excited, and I'm pretty sure Nick is as well. Of course, Nick will be in charge of planning, as he has become the guru of our yearly reunions, but I am totally stoked to get things rolling as far as promotion.

What I would ask of each and any of you would be to lend your awesome talents to help make this a huge event and help propel it into what we feel it already is, the best meet in the USA.

So, Graphic designers, sticker producers, t-shirts, photographers, we want you to be a part of this.

I'm thinking, with as many as we are hoping to draw to this event, we should also look into a possible charity to work with or, I'm thinking we may have to make the $10 donation to the Cruise Nights if we have the numbers we are hoping we have. These are things that will be sorted out between now and the event date.

Finally, all of this is contingent on what you think we should add or subtract from what I have thrown out in this post. Because ultimately it starts with our little family. Any questions you all may have, I'm sure someone can answer, be it myself, or Nick, or whoever wishes to help out. A list of official show organizers will be made as well between now and then.

Thank you for these few minutes, and I hope to see you all in Pontiac one more time!!!
tpollauf

Re: Its that time again-> Genvibe 2015!!!

Post by tpollauf »

Sounds like a good time as always. I missed last year so I will definitely make 2015 :D Hopefully I can put more than 1000 miles on my Vibe in 2015 :o My extremely busy work schedule for 2014 severely limited me driving any of my personal vehicles.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I missed last year too, so I will definitely be there this year come hell or high water! I will gladly offer to help out in any way, shape or form as well. Just let me know what you need from me ;).

I look forward to getting some different vehicles and their owners to join us. I just hope everyone shares our history of good behavior in Pontiac over the past two years. I have been to some J-Body events in years past and they were completely different from any of the Vibe meets I've attended. I definitely would not want us Vibe owners personally or GenVibe to be associated with any type of undesireable behavior in Pontiac. Just my $0.02...
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

I agree, with keeping things civil. We need to be very careful with the invitations and make sure that the groups coming won't be there simply to party. If they want to party, they can stay in the surrounding areas. Then again, I'm pretty sure by the time the event comes around, only the most serious will be coming, and I don't think anyone would like to waste their money.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Hello hello people of the forum! The invites will be contingent upon civil behavior. Also to be invited would be the Sonic people, maybe Cobalt folks... Ideas on 'who' might be nice.

Also, if you're on the Bookface I invite you to Zippy McWheels. It's an odd but fun page.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Invite a Corvette group.

Just kidding, please do not.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
kaflex

Post by kaflex »

lannvouivre wrote:Invite a Corvette group.

Just kidding, please do not.

There goes me asking my father for his '82 vette :lol:

View my garage here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

hotbug1776 wrote:Alright Genvibers, this year things are going to change up a bit.

Same location Pontiac, Illinois. June 20th or July 18th (most likely June 20th).

Too bad we couldn't pull off what we did in 2010 in Indianapolis! 20+ Vibes showed up and it was a great (hot & humid) meet. I know it's tough organizing these events BUT location sometimes determines just how many of us can make it. I'll show up no matter where we hold it. Looking forward to nicer weather & Vibe enthusiasts.

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

tpollauf wrote:
hotbug1776 wrote:Alright Genvibers, this year things are going to change up a bit.

Too bad we couldn't pull off what we did in 2010 in Indianapolis! 20+ Vibes showed up and it was a great (hot & humid) meet. I know it's tough organizing these events BUT location sometimes determines just how many of us can make it. I'll show up no matter where we hold it. Looking forward to nicer weather & Vibe enthusiasts.
I've got the feeling that this will be the last year at Pontiac for a year or so. everyone in their own regions wants to show off their attractions, and I, for one, am excited to travel the country once my bank account gets a much deserved replenishment. Road trips are what makes a car enthusiast content with the tortures of everyday life. LOL
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I agree about switching up the location. It's nice being only about 2 hours from Pontiac, but a road trip a little further from home is always nice too.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

GenVibe people! I have emailed Pontiac and they'd gladly have us, and welcome us bringing other groups in. We just need to pick a date and we'll be set. Our choices are June 20th or July 18th. I'm leaning towards June.

I'm also a bit excited that we may be shaking it up a little. I'll have monies so I can explore, and that will be fun. Who knows? I may be in Texas this time next year... I've already been to Michigan and now Ohio just within a few months!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

KITT222 wrote: Our choices are June 20th or July 18th.
I go for the 20th of June as my first choice.

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

KITT222 wrote:Our choices are June 20th or July 18th.
tpollauf wrote:I go for the 20th of June as my first choice.
I vote June 20th too. Hopefully it won't be super hot yet.