GenVibe meet 2014: The Planning

List events, gatherings, rallies, meets, etc.
vibenvy

Re: GenVibe meet 2014: The Planning

Post by vibenvy »

The weekend of the 4th works for us as we typically don't really do anything special. It would be great to spend the 4th in Pontiac with a bunch of other Vibe owners :D!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

areles wrote:Hi all,
I plan to be there if it's somewhere in the Great Lakes area.
Areles
Awesome Ron! I can make ANY weekend you guys decide on. Even if it is July 4th weekend. I love summer road trips ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
WeRdaEnvy2003

Post by WeRdaEnvy2003 »

hi everyone! just wanted to say that this is pretty darn cool to see a Vibe community! it's wonderful i found this site and i will keep checking it out. i am interested in coming out for the 2014 get together! of course, i will be coming from Texas so anything in the southern-most of the USA would be most welcomed but, i'm excited about a road trip, too. i had always wondered if anything like this existed!? i enjoyed reading about the most unique color of a Vibe, and by all counts i DO believe it would hafta be the Envy color! i'm unique and guess what color my car is??? :) yes! ENVY...still now, after having it for 11 years it still turns heads, i still get asked what kind of car it is, what a unique color it is...I LOVE MY CAR! It has many, many miles which by the way astonishes many mechanics when i take it in for very minor repairs. i know that soon i will hafta give it up but until then, my vibe's taking me places. we will be in branson for memorial day weekend, and we've been across the country in my vibe! anyhoo...i won't bore you, you know exactly what i mean when i say i love my car! :lol: so, please keep us posted on when and where the get together will be. i think this is sooo cool!!!! So, a big howdy from old West Texas!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

WeRdaEnvy2003 wrote: yes! it's ENVY...still now, after having it for 11 years it still turns heads
Eleven years and you're just now discovering & joining GenVibe :o Welcome :D Start a NEW post as a new member so we can all officially welcome you. Also, very important (especially due to the rarity of your car), post pictures! Looking forward to additional posts from you & maybe at a future Vibe meet ;)

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

I'm getting so excited for the host hotel room announcement. I may be coming with some of my kids, as Nichole will most likely have to work.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Alright, July 4th it is. I'll tell the Pontiac Tourism board and get everything rolling once again!
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

KITT222 wrote:Alright, July 4th it is. I'll tell the Pontiac Tourism board and get everything rolling once again!
TEE HEE!!!
http://youtu.be/y0V4TZAyd8I
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

For those of us that never go on FB, has hotel information been confirmed and/or announced yet?
hotbug1776 wrote:Nichole will most likely have to work.
:cry:

My mom and I were going to invite Nichole (and anyone else who wanted to go) for margaritas at Senor Tequila across from the Best Western :twisted:.
crs59

Post by crs59 »

Hi everyone, I'm new this this site.
Just bought my first 2006 vibe from a dealer in Wisc. that had it traded in from the original owner.
It has 93,000 miles, hope to get plenty more and hope to get acquainted with this new Vibe site that
I just found. I am definitely in for a June 2014 meeting in Pontiac, I will keep an eye on this site
for more info. Glad to to know you, keep me informed on any new topics, have a great week.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

crs59 wrote:I am definitely in for a June 2014 meeting in Pontiac
KITT222 wrote:Alright, July 4th it is.
The meet is actually the weekend of the 4th of July ;).
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

vibenvy wrote:For those of us that never go on FB, has hotel information been confirmed and/or announced yet?
hotbug1776 wrote:Nichole will most likely have to work.
:cry:

My mom and I were going to invite Nichole (and anyone else who wanted to go) for margaritas at Senor Tequila across from the Best Western :twisted:.
This may force her to demand the weekend off LOL
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

vibenvy wrote:My mom and I were going to invite Nichole (and anyone else who wanted to go) for margaritas at Senor Tequila across from the Best Western :twisted:.
hotbug1776 wrote:This may force her to demand the weekend off LOL
Unfortunately I forgot that I will actually be flying solo this year as my dad will be having knee replacement surgery some time in June and my mom will have to stay home to help him out, etc. :(.

I'm still up for margaritas though :D!
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Lame, I have wanted to go to the meets but don't want to cross the border to do so, wish it was as relaxed as it used to be like 15-20 years ago, hassle now.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Doug, some Canadian members are thinking of putting something together. Details will be on the Facebook page for GenVibe.

vibenvy wrote: The meet is actually the weekend of the 4th of July ;).
Shhhh.... I knew that.

From Pontiac Tourism:
Great! So far it looks like a slow weekend here. I will not be in town, however I’ll have staff available to assist you and your group. What can I help you plan?

I did find out that the Elks club is having dinner and kids games at 7 PM; City Band concert at 7:30, and fireworks at dark. Normally, it’s a private membership club but for the holiday they will open for everyone!

So, anything we really want to do? I was thinking maybe meet somewhere near the museum but off the main road, so we won't be impeding traffic, and will be a little closer together. There won't be a cruise night scheduled that weekend (at the moment) so I figure it would be easier on everyone if we found a nice lot to meet in rather than mess up traffic on those wacky one-way roads.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Nick, we could always have our own Cruise Night :D! Perhaps in the parking lot we met in before heading to Starved Rock?
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

vibenvy wrote:Nick, we could always have our own Cruise Night :D! Perhaps in the parking lot we met in before heading to Starved Rock?
That's... perfect. And the museum is close by, too. AND the city hall could make a great backdrop.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Plus, you know darn well that when people see a bunch of vehicles parked together with the hoods up they're going to come around and check them out! It could be like our own mini-Cruise Night :cool:!
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Alright folks, the ball is rolling!

Official:

Pontiac, IL weekend of July 4th.

From the Tourism board at Pontiac
Hi Nick,

I’ve attached an itinerary which includes Pontiac’s museums, hotel and camping ground information as well as what’s happening in Central IL, Joliet Area and Bloomington/Normal area. There is a lot of information here for you to choose from. If you need me to make reservation for you here in Pontiac, or give you contact information for the other areas, I’d be happy to assist.

I agree, using the parking lot south of the courthouse would be a great place for you all to meet up. It will be a slow weekend here, as you are the only group on the calendar to date.

If you can let me know when everyone is coming in, we’ll arrange a greeting with goodie bags and city pins again too!

I'd love to upload the attachment, but the attachment quota has been reached. So this will have to do:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzukG3 ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I will encourage you to go to the GenVibe Facebook page, and follow details there, as they get updated more quickly, and it is easier to respond to direct questions. Especially come the day we meet.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

So I guess we're on for our own little mini-Cruise Night by the courthouse then :D!?!

Is everyone staying at the Best Western again?
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I'm hoping I can actually make it up there this time, that'd rock.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

lannvouivre wrote:I'm hoping I can actually make it up there this time, that'd rock.
Sure would :D!
MorbidAngel

Post by MorbidAngel »

I had a blast at last years meet.. but I won't be able to come this year... will be doing family stuff the weekend of the 4th... but I hope everyone has a great time and I'll be looking forward to all the pictures !!! :D

I'm moving back to New York this summer... so I propose 2015 meet - Niagara Falls !! hehe !!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it this year Tim :(.

No worries about pictures, there will be plenty I'm sure ;)!
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

MorbidAngel wrote:I had a blast at last years meet.. but I won't be able to come this year... will be doing family stuff the weekend of the 4th... but I hope everyone has a great time and I'll be looking forward to all the pictures !!! :D

I'm moving back to New York this summer... so I propose 2015 meet - Niagara Falls !! hehe !!
We could always do Erie again. LOL
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

vibenvy wrote:Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it this year Tim :(.

Oh no .. another no show for 2014. It looks like I too will be unable to make it this year (another Tim & a 2009 RED Vibe GT). I will be attending my wife's family reunion that weekend and it will be the last one for quite some time. It is held in the Jamestown/Olean NY area. I'm up for another east location meet like we did in 2012 and hopefully attendance can be better. Keep us all posted :)

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

So, that leaves how many coming?
tpollauf wrote:
vibenvy wrote:Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it this year Tim :(.

Oh no .. another no show for 2014. It looks like I too will be unable to make it this year (another Tim & a 2009 RED Vibe GT). I will be attending my wife's family reunion that weekend and it will be the last one for quite some time. It is held in the Jamestown/Olean NY area. I'm up for another east location meet like we did in 2012 and hopefully attendance can be better. Keep us all posted :)
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

We have no solid numbers which we really should nail down. That said, I'll tell you what I told the Facebook page:

Andrew and I just invited some of the Matrix Owners to join us in Pontiac. With our communities shrinking I think it is a good idea to cross boundaries and let our cousin cars in for some fun.

That said, I'm hearing some stories of some really unkind behavior. That will NOT happen. This meet is so we as a group can come together over our hatchbacks we share a passion for. If some people have it in a different flavor, so be it. Or if they moved to different cars but still want to come then they too will be welcomed. They let Andrew join them for HCMO and they had a great time. The least we can do is invite them and return the favor. Because what is going to come of this is fun times and good stories, and that's all people right there.

Thank you.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Hmmm... it sucks that people always start dropping out as the time draws nearer :(.

Not sure how I feel about Matrix owners joining us based on what I've seen on MO...
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

vibenvy wrote:Hmmm... it sucks that people always start dropping out as the time draws nearer :(.

Not sure how I feel about Matrix owners joining us based on what I've seen on MO...
As of now I've only invited the HCMO guys. Andrew had a great time with them, so you can ask him how it was. But we need to include everyone... It disappoints me when I hear that previous members have tried to distance themselves from the Matrix people, and even former Vibers. Think of it as a political move to bring the communities closer. As a whole the two groups are shrinking, so coming together as one will be great! Not to mention we could have GV be the more stable mate to MO. With MO's constant issue recently it might be nice for everyone to have a refuge. More revenue for the site, too!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

So, as far as GenVibe members, who all is coming i.e. people on the FB page (since I never go on FB)?
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

vibenvy wrote:So, as far as GenVibe members, who all is coming i.e. people on the FB page (since I never go on FB)?
So far, I am. Where I'm staying and who I'm bringing are still up in the air. The "inexpensive" hotel in Pontiac is booked full that weekend, so, I may be staying in another town about 30 minutes away. OOORRRRRR, I may be camping with Corey, well, in the same park at least LOL.
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

No can do the 4th. Gf's parents are coming from Illinois to visit us in Ohio. Doh...

Have fun everyone!
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

It's a definite no for me. I'll be in Maine on the 5th.
Image  Image
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

It's beginning to look like the 4th is a no go for most of last years attendees. There is a cruise night in Pontiac on the 19th of July, perhaps the date could be pushed back to then? Unless that screws up things even more.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

hotbug1776 wrote:It's beginning to look like the 4th is a no go for most of last years attendees. There is a cruise night in Pontiac on the 19th of July, perhaps the date could be pushed back to then? Unless that screws up things even more.
Alright, I'll look into it...
MorbidAngel

Post by MorbidAngel »

If the date was pushed back to July 19, I would be able to make it... and if the weather was nice be open to camping also :D
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

I'll still be in Maine on the 19th (going for two weeks). Hopefully I'll see you next year!
Image  Image
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

MorbidAngel wrote:If the date was pushed back to July 19, I would be able to make it... and if the weather was nice be open to camping also :D
It seems like a lot more people would be able to attend if we moved the date..
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I'm down for whenever as far as dates go since I'm only about 2 hours away from Pontiac. I also haven't made hotel reservations yet, so...

It would be nice to have all our Vibes parked in front of the museum for the cruise night again :cool:!
TheMastrmind

Post by TheMastrmind »

I'm new to the forums, I'm already a huge fan for the forums, and I would love to come up to Pontiac for the meet. Only one problem. I can't attend this year because, well, I'm too young to drive. I also have quite a bit of plans for the summer (or should I say my mom has quite a bit of plans for me this summer) so maybe next year? I wanna visit the Chi-town sooner or later and seeing as Google claims it isn't even two hours away, I don't see why not! Well...other than the fact that I live over fourteen hours away (just outside of Houston). :D
I pretty much struggle with an addiction to music.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Date officially changed to the 19th! We'll be there with a cruise night and an Edsel car club. I'll need to start another thread with more details and such.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

KITT222 wrote:Date officially changed to the 19th!
YES definitely get another thread going. I'm pretty sure I can make this date :D

jarhead

Post by jarhead »

The new date of July 19th works for me - looking forward to it... :D
Jarhead - 2006 GT
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

KITT222 wrote:Date officially changed to the 19th! We'll be there with a cruise night and an Edsel car club. I'll need to start another thread with more details and such.
Still in!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Date in my signature changed to the 19th! I'll change the link once Nick gets a new thread started.

My mom and I will be there, although we'll only be bringing one Vibe this year because one will have to stay home for my dad to use to take the dogs for a ride or two while we're gone.
ken99287

Post by ken99287 »

So... I read something about Erie and Pittsburgh... is anything happening at all in the Western Pa area? I'm from Washington, Pa, just South of Pittsburgh and it seems everyone is using their Vibe/Matrix as beater cars.

I'd like to meet up with some people who actually like their car and know about their car and likes to share info and advice about their car and offer a helping hand when necessary and ask for help when needed!
Tight is tight, too tight is broke.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

There's a few members in that area. While there isn't anything planned there right now you could still meet up with a few of them. Probably the best way to reach them would be via the GenVibe Facebook page.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Toledo is a good equidistant point between Chicago, Ironton, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Toronto. I also sure Tim would be ecstatic to help make arrangements for a small group to meet up. It's a roughly 5 hour drive from all of those major cities. there are many attractions, camping areas and hotels. As well as numerous parks to enjoy ourselves at. I'll PM Tim to see if he may be interested and if others might be as well. If anyone was looking for less of a drive, the numbers in attendance wouldn't support a meet of any substance, in my opinion.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Alright folks, who will need a hotel? Just asking so we can know how many rooms to book out for the Best Western. Their rate for us will be $86/night.