NE Ohio meet

List events, gatherings, rallies, meets, etc.
tkenway

NE Ohio meet

Post by tkenway »

I'm not very good at putting together events, just ask my car. It's hard enough to empty the cans out on a regular basis. (I have a recycle bin in my trunk, I'm not a heathen.)

HOWEVER: It'd be really cool to have a GenVibe meet up here in good ol' unpredictable weather NE Ohio. Since my schedule just cleared up a ton, I'm willing to go the extra mile to make this possible. Is there anyone willing to come to or already in the Cleveland/Akron area? I hope so, because it'd be cool to meet some of you folks in person.

Let me know what you think, I'll see about getting this all set up and on the road. So to speak...

-Tony
hotbug1776

Re: NE Ohio meet

Post by hotbug1776 »

I'm in!!! details and lets do this!!!
tkenway

Post by tkenway »

Well, I'm located at Kent State University. (technically.) I have no details yet, since you're the only one to jump on board! If we can get a few more people in on it, I'll start scraping together some possible ideas and stuff like that. :)
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

2.5 hours there, not a bad trip.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I could be a "maybe" BUT only because I'm already committing myself to the GenVibe meet in Pontiac mid June. If you could swing it I'd say attend that one for sure and don't bother with your own meet. It looks like there will be 20+ of us attending. I don't mind blowing off a few weekends over the summer , but most of my time is spent at a summer place I have in Port Clinton right on Lake Erie and as anyone around here knows ...... our summers here just aren't long enough :(
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I agree with Tim, come to the meet in Pontiac, Illinois on June 15! We're looking at easily 20+ Vibes and their owners as of right now.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

if you want to caravan on the 15th, I'm leaving my place at about 7AM on Friday and will be using the turnpike for the trip. message me if you are looking for a travel buddy.
tkenway

Post by tkenway »

hotbug1776 wrote:if you want to caravan on the 15th, I'm leaving my place at about 7AM on Friday and will be using the turnpike for the trip. message me if you are looking for a travel buddy.
I would really love to come to the Pontiac, IL meet, but my schedule isn't that flexible, nor are my funds. I'm in between jobs at the moment, so funds are almost non-existent. Once I have some serious funds, I'm going to be modifying my Vibe so I can show it off at other meets! But, until then, I tend to have to stick around my hidey-hole at KSU.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

tkenway wrote:I would really love to come to the Pontiac, IL meet, but my schedule isn't that flexible, nor are my funds. I'm in between jobs at the moment, so funds are almost non-existent. Once I have some serious funds, I'm going to be modifying my Vibe so I can show it off at other meets! But, until then, I tend to have to stick around my hidey-hole at KSU.
That's too bad :(. The meet in Pontiac is going to be a blast!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Wish i could have gone to the Pontiac meet but it was too far and i was busy that week. Cleveland is still in the wrong country but about half as far lol just about 4.5 hours for me
tkenway

Post by tkenway »

I would have loved to hit the GenVibe meet, but my funds stonewalled me into a corner.

I'm hoping there might be people still interested in getting together in the NEOhio area. Vibe talk, show off our cars, etc.

It'd be exciting.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

tkenway wrote:I would have loved to hit the GenVibe meet, but my funds stonewalled me into a corner.

I'm hoping there might be people still interested in getting together in the NEOhio area. Vibe talk, show off our cars, etc.

It'd be exciting.
Name a place and a time, I may be free if it's a weekend thing.
tkenway

Post by tkenway »

I'm thinking mid-August. I'll come up with a place that should be easy to navigate to. KSU has some decent places near by, hopefully one should work. I'll iron out the rest of the details and make sure I post them clearly very soon!
trickyVibe

Post by trickyVibe »

i would be in for that its not to far for me like 3 1/2 hours. so it could be possible
2003 Frosty White
18" HD wheels
2 15" american bass subwoofers 5500 watts and a 1500 watt for door speakers
magnaflow exhaust
cold air intake
5% tints all around