Erie meet attendee list

List events, gatherings, rallies, meets, etc.
hotbug1776

Erie meet attendee list

Post by hotbug1776 »

Lists of those attending, please add if I missed you or make changes to what I may have messed up. Also, any info you feel is important, like people coming with you.

Genvibe list
Tpollauf - bringing Suzy (aka, significant other)
Kitt222 - bringing "Apple Juice"
Ponta2147 - bringing Mr.Ponta2147 (aka, Chris)
Hotbug1776 - bringing 2 kids, wife, maybe SIL
Areles
Smeadows7
Kibble48 - and co-pilot

And then there were seven, again… plus guests. Lol
Last edited by hotbug1776 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 17 times in total.
KITT222

Re: Erie meet attendee list

Post by KITT222 »

KITT222, aka Nick, is bringing a a friend named Apple Juice along. Fun game, say "apple" at random times and he'll almost instinctively say "juice" in reply.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Looks like about 10 or so once you filter out the duplicates. I sure hope we get 5-10 more who truly can commit. We're roughly one month away. I'd think that locally we should be able to round up 10 or so Vibes who won't need lodging and live within an hour or two. Let's go people :?
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I'm Michelle on FB, and I'm also bringing my husband Chris along as usual :P
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

ponta2147 wrote:I'm Michelle on FB, and I'm also bringing my husband Chris along as usual :P
Just like Michelle. I too will have my significant other with me this time ............... Suzy ;) I toyed with the idea of having her drive our son's Blue Vibe GT ............ but then that would mean he would have to drive her G8 GT while we're gone :o Hmmmmmm ...... Ferris Bueller's day off .......................... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN :twisted:

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I am really doubtful I'll be able to make it. I am utterly broke :cry:.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Just throwing this out… should we invite the matrixowners.com members as well? It's a bit late, but, like mentioned, locals can come without making accommodations for staying overnight. It's up to those attending for the most part. My worry is it taking away from the whole experience of the simple meet.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

hotbug1776 wrote:J_to_envy - says she's not coming because she's broke. Still has 28 days.
LOL! I did some number crunching and it looks like I'll be able to make it afterall :D!
hotbug1776 wrote:Just throwing this out… should we invite the matrixowners.com members as well? It's a bit late, but, like mentioned, locals can come without making accommodations for staying overnight. It's up to those attending for the most part. My worry is it taking away from the whole experience of the simple meet.
From what I've seen on MO, I think we should keep it GV only. Even if we have a smaller group of GenVibers, it will be better then having a bunch of butthead Matrix owners show up and ruin our good time :P.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Glad to hear you're gonna make it. Wouldn't be a genvibe meet without you. I'll make the changes to the first post then.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:
hotbug1776 wrote:J_to_envy - says she's not coming because she's broke. Still has 28 days.
LOL! I did some number crunching and it looks like I'll be able to make it afterall :D!
Yes!!!!
hotbug1776 wrote:Just throwing this out… should we invite the matrixowners.com members as well? It's a bit late, but, like mentioned, locals can come without making accommodations for staying overnight. It's up to those attending for the most part. My worry is it taking away from the whole experience of the simple meet.
From what I've seen on MO, I think we should keep it GV only. Even if we have a smaller group of GenVibers, it will be better then having a bunch of butthead Matrix owners show up and ruin our good time :P.
I'm going to have to agree. I think a GV-exclusive meet would be a more mature thing. No offense to them, it's just that they're a different breed of enthusiast. Nothing wrong with that.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

I took csxt8058 off due to his new job and scheduling conflict for that weekend. I'll put him back on if changes can be made.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

hotbug1776 wrote:I took csxt8058 off due to his new job and scheduling conflict for that weekend. I'll put him back on if changes can be made.
Awww... I hope things change and he can make it.

Since I missed the deadline for booking a room at the Hampton Inn, I checked out the Econo Lodge that someone posted about in one of the other threads. Their rooms start at $195 per night July 6-8 :(. I am checking the Hampton Inn site right now...
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Just reserved my room at the Hampton Inn for Friday July 6th -Sunday July 8th! $154 per night + 11% tax per night = $341.88. Despite missing the deadline for the lower group rate, I will only be paying about $20.00 more which isn't a huge deal.

I will be leaving Sandwich around sun up. MapQuest showed approximately 500 miles, so I should be there by late afternoon/evening. I'll probably need a nap before doing anything Friday night :P.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:Just reserved my room at the Hampton Inn for Friday July 6th -Sunday July 8th! $154 per night + 11% tax per night = $341.88. Despite missing the deadline for the lower group rate, I will only be paying about $20.00 more which isn't a huge deal.

I will be leaving Sandwich around sun up. MapQuest showed approximately 500 miles, so I should be there by late afternoon/evening. I'll probably need a nap before doing anything Friday night :P.
Tha not too bad. Especially for a "holiday" weekend. There are places to get meals cheap, and groceries if needed. Best bet is subway, $5 sandwich, $1 chips, and $1 tea, $7 meal.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Ohhh I am SO glad to hear you are coming, Carrie! :D Wouldn't be a meet without ya!

Now I just need to like... actually install this headunit and CLEAN THIS THING sometime this week, since I am leaving home on June 17th in my Vibe and not coming back until after the meet in PA! It will be driving to Dayton, then DC, then Boston, then DC again, then Erie, and then home, for a crazy 3 weeks of business and pleasure. And the drive from Dayton to DC will be all by myself, which is probably going to be my longest solo drive ever. Chris will be flying in to DC to meet up with me since he had to be home for work and we got him a $140 one way flight :p
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
areles

Post by areles »

Hi all,

I will be attending the Erie meet in July.

Areles (Ron)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

hotbug1776 wrote:Tha not too bad. Especially for a "holiday" weekend. There are places to get meals cheap, and groceries if needed. Best bet is subway, $5 sandwich, $1 chips, and $1 tea, $7 meal.
Yeah, it's not bad at all. I couldn't believe the freaking Econo Lodge was $195 a night!

Yeah, like I said yesterday, I crunched numbers and realized I have an extra payday in June, so that will make a huge difference. Plus, I'll be using my Citgo credit card for gas, so I technically won't actually be paying for gas until probably August, so really I'll have the hotel and probably about $100 for food, etc. And I'll only be missing one day of work (Friday), so I won't be losing any huge amount of money there which is good.
ponta2147 wrote:Ohhh I am SO glad to hear you are coming, Carrie! :D Wouldn't be a meet without ya!

Now I just need to like... actually install this headunit and CLEAN THIS THING sometime this week, since I am leaving home on June 17th in my Vibe and not coming back until after the meet in PA! It will be driving to Dayton, then DC, then Boston, then DC again, then Erie, and then home, for a crazy 3 weeks of business and pleasure. And the drive from Dayton to DC will be all by myself, which is probably going to be my longest solo drive ever. Chris will be flying in to DC to meet up with me since he had to be home for work and we got him a $140 one way flight :p
Awww... you guys and gals make me feel so loved saying it wouldn't be the same without me :oops:!

I hear ya about cleaning. I can't remember the last time I cleaned our Vibes. I am hoping to get my mom's clay barred and waxed this weekend and then do mine hopefully next weekend if the weather cooperates. I will more than likely do what I did the week before the Indy meet, I got my Vibe all detailed and ready to go and left it in the garage all week and drove our Sunbird to work so the Vibe would be nice and clean for the trip, although I will probably be up early in Erie cleaning it Saturday morning in the hotel parking lot like I did in Indy.

Man, you and Chris definitely have a busy few weeks ahead of you. Safe travels. See ya in Erie ;)!
areles wrote:Hi all,

I will be attending the Erie meet in July.

Areles (Ron)

So glad to hear you're going to be there Ron :D! I've got your cell number in my phone, so I will definitely keep in touch. It was great talking to you tonight and I'm glad to hear you and the Vibe are doing well.

Less than a month away... I am sooooooo excited :D!!! I am planning on bringing my Craftsman mechanic's tool set that I won at my work Christmas party last year, a case of Ice Mountain, a cooler, a couple chairs and miscellaneous car cleaning supplies.

And for those who are curious, MapQuest is showing 493.50 miles (8 hours, 11 minutes) from my house to the Hampton Inn. The majority of the trip will be on I 80 so keep an eye out for me :P!
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:
And for those who are curious, MapQuest is showing 493.50 miles (8 hours, 11 minutes) from my house to the Hampton Inn. The majority of the trip will be on I 80 so keep an eye out for me :P!
Awesome. I'll be on I-80 most of the way, too. When do you plan on leaving? We could rendezvous then head out together! I'm not sure how long I'd stay at 55, but even then I won't do the full 70/75. My MPG gauge will be the judge of my speed. :roll: This is why we should bring the walkie-talky radios. We could say hi and chat with each other on the road.

At least Tim and I could leave together if they disembark on Friday.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

I won't be attending. No time off in July. Have fun and take lots of pics!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

KITT222 wrote:Awesome. I'll be on I-80 most of the way, too. When do you plan on leaving? We could rendezvous then head out together! I'm not sure how long I'd stay at 55, but even then I won't do the full 70/75. My MPG gauge will be the judge of my speed. :roll: This is why we should bring the walkie-talky radios. We could say hi and chat with each other on the road.

At least Tim and I could leave together if they disembark on Friday.
I am planning on leaving between 5 and 7 am central time Friday July 6th.

I will be going 55 as much as the speed limit permits. I really want to see what kind of mileage I can get and this is the perfect opprotunity; 1000+ miles of interstate driving!
star_deceiver wrote:I won't be attending. No time off in July. Have fun and take lots of pics!!!
We'll miss you Ryan :cry:!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

KITT222 wrote: At least Tim and I could leave together if they disembark on Friday.
That is a possibility :? but I'm bringing the wife which means the following conditions must be met before we leave:

Is every hair in place and perfect?
Are electric hair toys unplugged?
is the dog put away?
pot of coffee for the road?
I could go on & on ..........................

We'll let all know the day before (Thursday night) what are travel plans are. We will be spending a good part of Friday evening in Olean NY with Suzy's mom & family. So our initial trip might be from Toledo to Olean NY, then backtrack to Erie. We'll see ...................................................

areles

Post by areles »

Carrie wrote,
I will be going 55 as much as the speed limit permits.
What else are you planning to do to keep the bugs off? Blue tape?
Gekko

Post by Gekko »

Anyone interested in helping a Canadian out? With my job loss last month I cant really afford the 8hr drive down there and afford hotel, gas and food. Anyone want a roommate in their hotel or a house guest?
Greg - Gekko
2003 Pontiac Vibe base 1zz-fe auto
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Gekko wrote:Anyone interested in helping a Canadian out? With my job loss last month I cant really afford the 8hr drive down there and afford hotel, gas and food. Anyone want a roommate in their hotel or a house guest?
I don't think my wife would go for extra guests in our room .............BUT seeing how my last offer was turned down I'll offer it to you. When you make it down for this awesome meet, Saturday night's dinner is on me ;) Every little bit can help. Hope you can still make it and shack up with one of the single GenVibers showing up :)

Gekko

Post by Gekko »

tpollauf wrote:
Gekko wrote:Anyone interested in helping a Canadian out? With my job loss last month I cant really afford the 8hr drive down there and afford hotel, gas and food. Anyone want a roommate in their hotel or a house guest?
I don't think my wife would go for extra guests in our room .............BUT seeing how my last offer was turned down I'll offer it to you. When you make it down for this awesome meet, Saturday night's dinner is on me ;) Every little bit can help. Hope you can still make it and shack up with one of the single GenVibers showing up :)
Love the offer for the free dinner on Saturday night. I'll take you up on that If i can actuallu make it down there. *fingers crossed*
Greg - Gekko
Gekko

Post by Gekko »

Well. It is official. Take my name off the lists. Due to lack of employment and definite lack of money. I will not be able to make it down there this year. Hope you all have fun.
Greg - Gekko
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Gekko wrote:Well. It is official. Take my name off the lists. Due to lack of employment and definite lack of money. I will not be able to make it down there this year. Hope you all have fun.
Dang!!! Sucks doubly bad. You without work AND you not coming. I hope things get better soon.
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

:( Well it seems I am destine to never go to a vibe meet every time I plan to go something happens. So I got word yesterday from my reserve unit that on that Sunday I have to report for MOS phase II training. So freaking mad right now. Sorry!
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

At this rate, we may just hit up Five Guys Burgers and Fries for dinner. Lol

I got a deal on 100 hotdogs from the local meat market. I'm still buying them. If we don't cook em that weekend, I've got kids who love hot dogs. :lol:
Last edited by hotbug1776 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Unfortunately I won't be coming afterall :(. I get paid on June 29th (I get paid every other week), but will have to send in my car payment for July (due July 11th) and I also need to get my new registartion sticker by the end of July. My car payment and registration sticker add up to right around $500.00 which is what I would be spending on this trip. Obviously, making my car payment and getting the registration renewed takes priority, so this trip just isn't going to happen. On top of the lack of money, the Check Engine, Traction Control and Vehicle Stability Control lights all came on the other day and I definitely don't want to break down 500+ miles from home with little to no cash.

Sorry everyone... I tried.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

With the news of a lot of genvibers not being able to make the Erie meet, I have had to make a tough decision.

I have posted the invite to the matrix owners.

We've got a bit of money and time into this meet, and inviting the matrix owners seems like a wise and family like thing to do.

Seeing as they are twins, it seems the best thing to do, especially since there are vibe owners on the matrix owners site and matrix owners on genvibe.

Unfortunately, I have made this decision too late to get Toyota based goodies, but, it should be a good time nonetheless.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Yeah, I'm okay with that. I guess I was thinking too far into it.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

KITT222 wrote:Yeah, I'm okay with that. I guess I was thinking too far into it.
There are those who watched one too many fast and furious movies in every car forum. It's just a harsh reality of life. :lol:

I'm sure we won't get too many of those. Seeing as everything offered for them, we can use as well.
Last edited by hotbug1776 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

hotbug1776 wrote:
KITT222 wrote:Yeah, I'm okay with that. I guess I was thinking too far into it.
There are those who watched one too many fast and furious movies in every car forum. It's just a harsh reality of life. (removed).

I'm sure we won't get too many of those. Seeing as everything offered for them, we can use as well.
Maybe not that, but I was only looking at what they did after the meet. I was never full-hearted into keeping them out.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I'm also good with a few Matrix owners attending. I'm still coming to this event even if it ends up just being a handful of us GenVibers there :) Could you "clean-up the list" and condense it down to actual members attending? I'm not on FB and only know of the GenVibe guys so this would better show who plans on being there. I see you have smeadows7 now on the list. He's bringing my t-shirts to the meet for me. Are there others out there who plan on attending but didn't notify you yet? Just curious.

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

tpollauf wrote:I'm also good with a few Matrix owners attending. I'm still coming to this event even if it ends up just being a handful of us GenVibers there :) Could you "clean-up the list" and condense it down to actual members attending? I'm not on FB and only know of the GenVibe guys so this would better show who plans on being there. I see you have smeadows7 now on the list. He's bringing my t-shirts to the meet for me. Are there others out there who plan on attending but didn't notify you yet? Just curious.
Having the facebook list and the genvibers on the post is confusing for sure, so, I'm taking off the facebook names to simplify things. I added Smeadows7 after I read of his plans on another post.

I may PM someone to maybe get a global announcement to post here if they are attending. Kinda like the banner contest post.
kibble48

Post by kibble48 »

I will be coming out from Ohio, with a copilot and camping out for the weekend.
2004 Pontiac Vibe Neptune
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

J_TO_ENVY wrote: From what I've seen on MO, I think we should keep it GV only. Even if we have a smaller group of GenVibers, it will be better then having a bunch of butthead Matrix owners show up and ruin our good time :P.
Wow shameful, they are no different then you and your grocery getter.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

keithvibe wrote:
J_TO_ENVY wrote: From what I've seen on MO, I think we should keep it GV only. Even if we have a smaller group of GenVibers, it will be better then having a bunch of butthead Matrix owners show up and ruin our good time :P.
Wow shameful, they are no different then you and your grocery getter.
Not when you compare what they post on MO to what is posted on here...
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Guys/gals attending this meet. What time do you think we'd head out for dinner? I'm thinking a bit on the late side, say 7-9pm roughly. This will benefit me as my wife will be returning to the hotel from Olean NY around 6-7pm and will want to meet all of you at dinner. Just curious at this point. Also when will the meet officially start? Noon or so? Let's start getting together an actual itinerary arrangement of events if possible. See as many of you there in exactly one week :D

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

All the details are coming together. My new rear bumper is on and looking great, and my spoiler almost transforms my Vibe! Hood vinyl this week before I go, in addition to a haircut for me. July 4th is my reserved day for detailing, shampooing, and probably Plasti-dipping my floor mats so they'll be black instead of that weird transparent look everyone seems to like. That way most of the grime will come off once I arrive in Erie. I'll drop AJ off somewhere interesting and go clean. ;)
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

I planned a paid day for Friday, so, I'm free that day, except for last minute items. I'm game for a late meal, as my wife will be out of town until about 7 as well.

Saturday, I'm heading up to the site early, to set up. My wife listed 10 am to 6pm on the flyer, but, any time around there is good. just be warned, if you show up early, be prepared to help. LOL

Also, 6 isn't set in stone either, if everyone want's to head out earlier and meet up at the restaurant, or wherever, I think we can be flexible.

As for Saturday night, after the meet, I believe she reserved us a private area at a local steak and seafood place named Hoss's Steak and Seafood. If this is a bit too much, we have over 100 places to eat in Erie. Then, I'm open for pretty much anything the group is interested in. Casio, Amusement park, drive-in, Jazz Fest, some other free concerts. Or we just go for a cruise around the area (nothing fancy, just out to like a dairy queen or local ice cream place).
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

hotbug1776 wrote: As for Saturday night, after the meet, I believe she reserved us a private area at a local steak and seafood place named Hoss's Steak and Seafood.
That sounds REAL good :D It shouldn't be too crowded either based on the attendance list so far. 20 or less likely to show up at the restaurant. Thanks for the brief update ;)

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

As for daytime activities... I'm kinda at a loss. Do I get a cornhole game? Horse shoes? do we just hang out and compare lug nuts?

I also had this idea for an aerial photo, the Tom Ridge Environmental Center has an observation tower that's around 10 stories. We park our cars, the photog climbs up (it has an elevator) and takes the pic. That and, the TREC is pretty cool inside (they have AC as well LOL)

If anyone wants to bring an activity, please do, in fact, I'm open to pretty much anything, as this is going to be more like a family gathering than anything. Well, that and I'm not very good at the whole party planning thing like my wife is.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Competitions to see who can put their spare on faster, how quickly they can load their Vibe, guess that smell, a concourse competition? The aerial photo is a great idea. I'll keep thinking about ideas, and maybe check other forums for games.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

KITT222 wrote:Competitions to see who can put their spare on faster
I lose already, spare is under the stereo, lugs are spline drive and need a smaller lug wrench than the stock one, and I have roadside assistance. :lol:
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

hotbug1776 wrote:
I lose already, spare is under the stereo, lugs are spline drive and need a smaller lug wrench than the stock one, and I have roadside assistance. :lol:
Spline-drive is no excuse!! I have spline-drive, and a correctly-sized lug wrench under my floor. AAA should never have to help me with a spare. 8-)
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

KITT222 wrote:
hotbug1776 wrote:
Spline-drive is no excuse!! I have spline-drive, and a correctly-sized lug wrench under my floor. AAA should never have to help me with a spare. 8-)

But,but,but, the stereo will take me 20 MINUTES!!! That, and I'm not sure it the jack will fit under the car yet!!! :lol:

On a side note, I scraped on some speed bumps yesterday. They were obscenely tall, and, I only just barely touched. so I've bottomed out once and scraped once. still not as bad as my Sunfire, I scraped going over crushed pop cans in that thing, AND, I look lower in the Vibe!!!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Well, my friends here in DC are sad I am leaving so much earlier than everyone else (who are staying the whole weekend) so this had better be good/worth it! :lol:
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

I know this is really late but I'm looking into it now. It has been a yes, no, yes, no, yes, no between me and the wife for the past 3 weeks due to our work schedules. I think I can manage it if I can get my work complete and she is officially off now. I'll know more by tomorrow. :roll:
2004 Vibe 5 speed with factory oem body kit and wings.
Mods: Sound system, 18" Excel MR7 Rims, 225 40 R18 tires ACT 4 puck clutch.