Erie meet attendee list

List events, gatherings, rallies, meets, etc.
tpollauf

Re: Erie meet attendee list

Post by tpollauf »

Wingnut wrote: I think I can manage it if I can get my work complete :roll:
That would be awesome :D We need a few more GenVibers to commit and make this meet. Hope you end up making the trip. See you in a few days ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Just found out and it's not going to happen... :cry: I just got a call for a Friday job in Madison, WI. :evil:
2004 Vibe 5 speed with factory oem body kit and wings.
Mods: Sound system, 18" Excel MR7 Rims, 225 40 R18 tires ACT 4 puck clutch.

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

For those attending, I have a few last minute announcements.

1. Construction is heavy at the hotel interchange (I-90 and SR-19 "Peach Street") as they are trying to reduce congestion and improve traffic flow. Still a total cluster.
2. SR 832 which leads directly to the park is detoured. The detour adds very little time and is easy enough to follow. This is a bridge reconstruction.

I have been traveling these roads at various times lately, and, have found the congestion on I-90 to be on the westbound exit lanes.

Just trying to keep everyone safe on this trip, I know how it is to be "stranded" in a different state.
areles

Post by areles »

Hey,

Thanks for the update on road conditions. Where exactly is the detour on SR 832?

Areles (Ron)
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Okay everyone, wish me luck! I leave early tomorrow for Toledo, Ohio, then onward to Erie on Friday. See you there!
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

KITT222 wrote:Okay everyone, wish me luck! I leave early tomorrow for Toledo, Ohio, then onward to Erie on Friday. See you there!
I'll be at steak and shake on peach street around 7-7:30 on Friday. Just in case we want to meet up for some cool refreshments.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I am not sure now that we will be showing up... a lot of friends I have not seen since college are here in DC and we really want to stay an extra day or two to catch up... the downside is that the rooms in Erie are non-refundable, so I guess I'll be eating the cost of that if we don't come. I suppose it's karma. :lol:
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

ponta2147 wrote:I am not sure now that we will be showing up... a lot of friends I have not seen since college are here in DC and we really want to stay an extra day or two to catch up... the downside is that the rooms in Erie are non-refundable, so I guess I'll be eating the cost of that if we don't come. I suppose it's karma. :lol:
Make a deal with Carrie to use your rooms if this ends up being the case. I'm sure she's not doing anything this weekend and would LOVE to attend this meet :)

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

tpollauf wrote:Make a deal with Carrie to use your rooms if this ends up being the case. I'm sure she's not doing anything this weekend and would LOVE to attend this meet :)
Unfortunately that won't be possible as I am working tomorrow.

Everyone have a safe trip to Erie. I'll be looking forward to lots of pictures this weekend :D!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I made it safely to Toledo, Ohio! I'm at the Hampton. I met up with Eric, aka Wingnut, at a refueling stop. His Vibe is great! Pretty cool too that our Vibes came off the line the same month/year (05-03).

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

KITT222 wrote:I made it safely to Toledo, Ohio! I'm at the Hampton. I met up with Eric, aka Wingnut, at a refueling stop. His Vibe is great! Pretty cool too that our Vibes came off the line the same month/year (05-03).

That's sweet!!!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

KITT222 wrote:I made it safely to Toledo, Ohio! I'm at the Hampton. I met up with Eric, aka Wingnut, at a refueling stop. His Vibe is great! Pretty cool too that our Vibes came off the line the same month/year (05-03).

Great guys. Let me know what Hampton you're at and maybe I can stop on by and visit in the morning. I'm working till noon at the latest and may stop on over where you are at.

While on this post, We'll be leaving tomorrow around noon driving TWO separate vehicles. The wife will take herself to Western NY on Saturday while I hang out with us GenVibers in Erie. She'll join up with us around 6-7pm for dinner :D We'll be checking in at the Erie Hampton around 4pm then heading to Olean NY to see her mom :x . We'll return to Erie around 10pm or so.

Numbers to reach me if anyone is interested. Cell: 419-392-7072. Vibe hotline (OnStar) 419-279-9754, G8 GT hotline (OnStar) 419-351-1516 ................................ Tim Pollauf

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

tpollauf wrote:

Great guys. Let me know what Hampton you're at and maybe I can stop on by and visit in the morning. I'm working till noon at the latest and may stop on over where you are at.
We are on Reynolds Rd, next to Big Boy. I'll PM you my cell number, and you can tell me when you're going to stop by.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Just be careful, my friend Amy said that the area got blasted earlier by a storm.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Great pictures and Vibes Eric and Nick :D!
smeadows7

Post by smeadows7 »

Made it in safely today around 3. We'll be staying at the koa in mckean. Trying to stay cool. See everyone tomorrow.
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:

Great pictures and Vibes Eric and Nick :D!
Thanks guys! I wish I could have made it but I had to work today and now on Sunday morning. The wife also has to work on Sunday morning now. :cry: I really wish we could have made it. I would love to have met everyone. Next time we will for sure make it.

Also wanted to ask something. Kitt222 is coming back through the chicagoland area on Sunday. Would anyone like to meet us Sunday night somewhere? The more the marrier!! If any of you are on your way through here on Sunday night (on your way home) feel free to stop by as well! We just need to figure out where we can meet. I'm off of I-90 on the north western side of Chicago but I can meet anywhere in the Chicago area.

ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Where are you off of 90? We're heading back up to Palatine on Sunday.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

I'm right off 1-90 and RT 47 in Huntley, IL! I'm about 20 miles west from Palatine.

tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Just getting moving here in Erie. Spent TEN hours in Western NY visiting the in-laws and a few other of the wife's relatives :roll: We got back to Erie about 1:30 this morning :| Slowly getting up & moving. Nick kept a CLOSE eye on my Vibe all day as it was parked next to his at the hotel, seeing how we drove the wife's G8 GT to NY. It looks like is was not messed with BUT will inspect it soon :o Will be heading to Presque Isle in the next couple hours. WoooHooo :D

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

tpollauf wrote:Just getting moving here in Erie. Spent TEN hours in Western NY visiting the in-laws and a few other of the wife's relatives :roll: We got back to Erie about 1:30 this morning :| Slowly getting up & moving. Nick kept a CLOSE eye on my Vibe all day as it was parked next to his at the hotel, seeing how we drove the wife's G8 GT to NY. It looks like is was not messed with BUT will inspect it soon :o Will be heading to Presque Isle in the next couple hours. WoooHooo :D
Yay! You may notice some finger prints, as we were admiring it last night before dinner. AJ really likes it. I'm eager to see all you've done with it!

I just washed the Vibe at the place on Peach St. Gave a generous tip for their care of my baby! Maybe not as shiny as when we left, but it's still good.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

KITT222 wrote:
Yay! You may notice some finger prints, as we were admiring it last night before dinner. AJ really likes it. I'm eager to see all you've done with it!

Both Vibe's look good from this angle. Heading out to the lot in an hour or so ......................... :D

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Okay. We'll probably leave with you. I have the map and know roughly how to get where we're going.
kostby

Post by kostby »

Wish I could be there to share the Vibe love today!

Why is it that GenVibe always picks a heat wave to schedule meets?
It was 99 in Michigan 2005, and about the same in Indy in 2010.

Have a great meet, folks, and post lots of pics!

kostby
Kirk Ostby
GenVibe Meet alumnus of 2004, 2005, and 2010

The Face-off, 2010

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Hope everyone is having fun! Looking forward to seeing pictures tonight and/or tomorrow (although the one Tim posted made me sad because I'm not there :cry:)!