Erie meet Accommodation announcement!!!

List events, gatherings, rallies, meets, etc.
hotbug1776

Erie meet Accommodation announcement!!!

Post by hotbug1776 »

For those wanting to stay in a hotel, the reserved rooms at the lower rate will expire on June 6th.

Reserve your room before then to make sure you get a room!!!

The info one more time:
15 rooms blocked off for $144+tax per night must give "Genvibe" when calling and making reservation to get the rate and all reservations must be made by June 7th, any cancellations must be no later than 72hrs prior to July 6th or else they will be charged

Address of hotel for trip planning purposes…
8050 Old Oliver Road
Erie, PA 16509

As for Camp sights...

Google Map

Sara Coyne is just outside the park and is the best for those wanting to bike or use the trails at the park, or even just be able to walk to the amusement park or the environmental center. The park allows rollerblading, and has pedal car rentals.

The amusement park is pay to ride, but free parking and entry. The same for the environmental center.
tpollauf

Re: Erie meet Accommodation announcement!!!

Post by tpollauf »

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be booking mine in the next week or so. Looking forward to this AWESOME event ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Newbkakes

Post by Newbkakes »

Considering driving up from Missouri...
Where there's a will, there's a way!
Garage:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38736
I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

I think you should.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

bump for less than a week until reservations are off.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

OK ... I just attempted to reserve my room(s) for this awesome event and was told by the kind lady that I must contact "group sales" between 9 & 5 EST and only they can reserve my room under the GenVibe reserved group. So tomorrow morning I'm calling them (1-814-866-6800) and making my reservations. Wish I had known this information earlier. Did others have any similar problems reserving a room? Either way she said there still are rooms and not to worry. I'll update tomorrow when my reservation is officially made. Starting to get excited :o

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

tpollauf wrote:OK ... I just attempted to reserve my room(s) for this awesome event and was told by the kind lady that I must contact "group sales" between 9 & 5 EST and only they can reserve my room under the GenVibe reserved group. So tomorrow morning I'm calling them (1-814-866-6800) and making my reservations. Wish I had known this information earlier. Did others have any similar problems reserving a room? Either way she said there still are rooms and not to worry. I'll update tomorrow when my reservation is officially made. Starting to get excited :o
I wasn't aware of this extra hoop either. I wonder if I should contact them about this. I would think the reservation could be made at any time. Just to be safe, I guess make your reservations between 9 and 5 eastern time. I'll see what info I can get on this to help make things easier.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

It's official ........ I reserved my room for two nights and am good to go ;) Friday we'll be in Olean NY visiting my wife's family & friends then coming back to Erie for sleep. FYI. to all who hopefully are attending this meet. There are not many of us reserved at the Hampton, so I hope there are several others reserved SOMEWHERE else. Otherwise this meet could end up being a lot smaller than anticipated. How about posting a running roster of who's in & who's still anticipating, etc. This will be very helpful and possibly influential is swaying others to attend. Only TWO more days and the GenVibe block of rooms are up for grabs by anybody. :|

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Agreed on all points. There are a TON of hotels, motels, and campgrounds in the Erie area. We are in the middle of a big tourist/college area.

I have said before, there are less expensive hotels, but, I wouldn't sleep there unless I had to. Lol
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

hotbug1776 wrote:Agreed on all points. There are a TON of hotels, motels, and campgrounds in the Erie area. We are in the middle of a big tourist/college area.

I have said before, there are less expensive hotels, but, I wouldn't sleep there unless I had to. Lol
I'll ask this again (so did a few others), is there a way that YOU the host of this great event, can list Who's in & who's doubtful as far as attendance goes? Prepare a list on this thread OR start a new one. A lot of us want to know who will be attending ......................... Thanks ;)

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

I'll start a thread when I get home. It will have the Facebook and genvibe commits. It may need pruned for duplicates, but, we'll cross that bridge soon enough.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

hotbug1776 wrote:I'll start a thread when I get home.

Awesome :D ................................ Thanks .. ;)

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Just reserved my room at the Hampton Inn for Friday July 6th - Sunday July 8th :D!

I missed the lower group rate, but will only end up paying about $20.00 more which isn't bad. $154.00 per night + 11% tax per night = $341.88.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage