How often do you wash your Vibe?

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
ebslopp

How often do you wash your Vibe?

Post by ebslopp »

How often does everybody wash their Vibe?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------2004 Base - TwoTone Neptune - 5 speed There are 10 types of people in life. There are those who understand binary and those who do not.
cspmeinkc

Re: How often do you wash your Vibe? (ebslopp)

Post by cspmeinkc »

at least so far once a week.got to keep her clean!i may put on her first wax job this weekend!
2005 MOONSTONE GT PURCHACED JULY 16 200420% TINTK&N FILTER
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

er... yes... wash... I should do that one of these days.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
wicked1981

Post by wicked1981 »

Depends on how the car is. Sometimes longer than a week. Just depend on how dirty it is.
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Used to wash weekly.It's been a good 3-4 months lately sine I've washed. Too tired from all my working...and the novelty of the new car wore off.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
AKLGT

Re: How often do you wash your Vibe? (ragingfish)

Post by AKLGT »

ya, i used to wash it every week too. now it's like every 2-3 wks or even a month or so will go by. ever since i screwed up the lower front fender... i haven't cared as much.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
drunkenmaxx

Re: How often do you wash your Vibe? (trdvibe)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

i let her go until she looks like crap. i always get mine washed, vaccumed at the local car wash, it can be pricey (too tempting to be lazy and have them armor all it too)
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

It all depends, If she looks dirty she gets a bath. It's been 2 weeks today, she is still kinda clean. I need to give her a good once over before Columbus. I never wash it myself though. Always take it to a car wash. I do the waxing and inside myself but NEVER the outside.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I'm one of those 5+ times (or more) a month people. Went through a spell some time ago where I'd wash it only twice a month, but have gone back to my old habits. I generally go to a touchless car wash with a really good dryer, then dry off what is left before I leave. If it is dirty enough, I'll spray it off myself in the bay a couple times, then run it through the automatic, since it never wants to come clean.I washed it yesterday, gave it a good once-over with the detail spray, and had to wash it again tonight. I parked in a different spot at work than I normally do, and the sprinkler system found it necessary to water my car for a long time. Then the sun baked that water into the paint and the windshield. So, I had to wash it again tonight and hit it with the detail spray. Luckily *most* of the water spots came out. Definitely going to spend quite a bit of time on it before Columbus. Plan on giving it a good waxing before the trip, and will try to find a good car wash once I arrive in town.Yikes... I'm kinda obsessed with this car.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
nismo

Re: How often do you wash your Vibe? (ColonelPanic)

Post by nismo »

I look at my wheels. If my wheels are dirty. Most of the time, the car is also dirty. Or even like if a bird poops on the windows. Usually wash the car like once a week.Inder
2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo - Fun stuff under there somewhere 1998 Nissan Sentra - Sold2004 Pontiac Vibe - 107k and SoldCosmo CAI
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

I try to wash my car as often as possible, but it is safe to say 2 times per month. If I had my own house and a garage, I would wash it every week.
2003 Pontiac VibeSalsaPower PackageSports PackageK&N Air Filter
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

I'll just say "Not Enough!"
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
ArcsVibe

Re: How often do you wash your Vibe? (damronjr)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Once a week in the summertime and twice a month in the winter time
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Once a week or so. Depends on the weather and how dirty the Vibe is.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

What happened, Colonel? hehYou guys don't want to see how rotten the car looks now. *cry* (removed)!

Image Image
AzFusionGT

Re: How often do you wash your Vibe? (silverawd26)

Post by AzFusionGT »

I usually wash my car about every two weeks. If a bird poops on the target it seems to have, it gets done sooner.
2006 Saturn Vue Red Line -A Moose is on the Loose-1990 Toyota Camry LE-V6 - Katy the Camry -
BOZACK

Re: How often do you wash your Vibe? (AzFusionGT)

Post by BOZACK »

I wash mine once a week at least. My cousins have two car washes I can go to for free. I hand wax it myself but will have them detail it before and after the winter.
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
Jaycie685

Post by Jaycie685 »

Just washed it the other day. I don't like to put it through those automated car washes because with the paint being all crappy the way it is, I'm afraid it's going to actually take paint off! So I'll usually hand wash it on a day off.Got a question... I noticed that after I washed my car, there are tiny specks of what I'm guessing is rust? They're "rust" colored specks that don't come off even after scrubbing with a rag. Anyone have that similar problem or know how to get rid of them?
Jen's Vibe:: 2004 two-tone base in Frosty :: Automatic :: Exhaust Tip :: Rear Bumper Protector :: Cargo Nets :: Rear Cargo Mat :: Rear Cargo Cover :: "You just got passed by a wagon " decal :: Red glowing "No Smoking" plug in cigarette lighter ::
BOZACK

Re: (Jaycie685)

Post by BOZACK »

Actually the automated car washes put less presure on the car than you would. I know this because I work in them for fifteen years. And yes, I have went through while it was running. Mostly for maintainence.As for the rust specks you need to determine if they are in the paint or on it.If it is in the pain see your dealer about a paint defect. If it is on it, try to clay it clean. You can now find clay in most auto parts store. I could not tell you what it is without seeing it.
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
Toolman

Post by Toolman »

Washing is a good way to see "new" damage to the paint on a car. I washed the vibe before we paid for it, as did I with the GTO also. I wash the cars every time I have a day off.
http:/theeulogy.wirefire.com2003 Neptune Blue Moon and Tunes4 Speed AutoBluetooth Install(Wifes)2004 Torrid Red GTO Tinted WindowsBluetooth Install0-60mph in 5.2 seconds0-130mph in 22.5 seconds(Mine)
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

While i don't "wash" (use soap) as much as many of you, my Vibe gets a good water spray all over and under body every 2 or 3 days when i water my lawn. I take 15 minutes to spray off dust, etc. with the hose gun.
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
jake75

Re: (Atomb)

Post by jake75 »

While I get the bird poop off asap I am not good at routine washing and waxing - twice a year? My bad!
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Mathias

Post by Mathias »

I wash our cars twice a year, whether they need it or not.-Mathias
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I washed/waxed mine yesterdayOne of the nice things about silver cars is they hide the dirt well, but then when they are clean they don't look a lot better.But it sure is slippery with some fresh carnuba on it
george

Post by george »

gets washed pretty often , now i have a nice big heated garage to wash it in it gets wash 2-3 times a weak plus i have to wash my new mazda 5 aswell so dont mind use to wash cars for a living when younger love keeping them clean and nice, take care of them, they'll take care of you lol
ballrub

Re: (george)

Post by ballrub »

Even though I'm getting old, I wash the Vibe and the wife's Equinox once a week. I use the Mr. Clean Car Wash system, and haven't used a chamois in over a year now! The water beads off with no water spots! I love it! I also wax it twice a year.
2003 Vibe GT Shadow............"The SHADOW Knows!"Dec. 2004 Vibe of the Month html/vo...shtml
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »I'm one of those 5+ times (or more) a month people. Yikes... I'm kinda obsessed with this car. Blast from the past... Sheesh, how pathetic. I'm glad I got over that phase. I washed my car a few weeks ago, didn't even dry the stupid thing off. And before that, the last time it was washed was December when it was in the shop getting the transmission replaced when the dealer washed it. I sure didn't wash it. It was washed in October before that. The outside is trashed, the inside is trashed, the car is just trashed.

Image Image
SheVibe

Post by SheVibe »

How often do you wash your vibe?Everytime after (removed)!!! OHHH you mean the other Vibe my bad Ok I guess in MN it's when the weather is nice then she's clean and with ****ty weather cleaning her is harder to do.So I would say I'm a twice a month or more type with my baby!!!
ColonelPanic

Re: How often do you wash your Vibe? (SheVibe)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Uhh... Ok. Here, this may be of interest. lol

Image Image
ballrub

Re: How often do you wash your Vibe? (SheVibe)

Post by ballrub »

Quote, originally posted by SheVibe »How often do you wash your vibe?Everytime after (removed)!!! OHHH you mean the other Vibe my bad That cracked me up SheVibe! You seem to have a little bit of "bad girl" in you...which is good!
2003 Vibe GT Shadow............"The SHADOW Knows!"Dec. 2004 Vibe of the Month html/vo...shtml
Vibr8tr

Post by Vibr8tr »

I like the once a week wash. Almost every sunday we go out to My girlfriends Parents house, and I take about an hour or two and wash it, clean the inside quick, and make sure the major dirt and grime is gone. About once a month I go through and REALLY clean it, Sometimes a nice wax, armor all the inside, vacum it out, wash all the windows, and really get it shining..... I am hoping to take some extra time this weekend and get some good pictures to put up here.....
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
vibegtcouple

Post by vibegtcouple »

wash mine 2 times a week
tcam

Re: How often do you wash your Vibe? (vibegtcouple)

Post by tcam »

Quote, originally posted by vibegtcouple »wash mine 2 times a weeksame here.my parents wouldn't allow me to get it washed any more times than that i don't think. lol
VivaVibe

Post by VivaVibe »

Well, I've only had my Vibe for two weeks. It's rained about every three days during that time, and I'd towel dry it if I could. So, today after taking a nice fun drive on a long winding road I did a wash. It beaded up real nice, so I guess the dealer did a nice detail on it. I plan to hand wash and towel dry a couple times a month or when needed. I check it often for sap and bird drop as I have a large oak overhanging my driveway. But, that at least keeps it in the shade.
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage
kevera

Re: (ballrub)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by ballrub »I use the Mr. Clean Car Wash system, and haven't used a chamois in over a year now! The water beads off with no water spots! I love it! I also wax it twice a year. I wash about once a week by hand depending on the weather.But the mister clean thing makes it so much easier,never have to dry the car with a chamois again.WUHOO.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
VivaVibe

Post by VivaVibe »

Wouldn't you know, I wash it Sat evening and it rains Sun afternoon. Had to go out and towel dry it afterward.
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage
truckdriver402

Re: How often do you wash your Vibe?

Post by truckdriver402 »

I wash mine once a week without question but more if needed.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Frosty gets a shower maybe once every 3-4 months.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Wolfman213

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Frosty gets a shower maybe once every 3-4 months. +1 Good thing we don't live close to Whelan, he'd come and rip us a new one personally
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Wow! I cant remember when the last time my car was washed....lol. At least 5 months
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
bull77

Post by bull77 »

washed it last night - but whenever the forecast doesn't call for rain over a 3-4 day period.
Whelan

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »+1 Good thing we don't live close to Whelan, he'd come and rip us a new one personally I'm not gonna lie I've been a slacker this year. I've been on vacations a lot this summer and now I'm getting ready to move out so things have been hectic. I'll be back on par once I'm in the new house (my first house ). Two car garage so I got room to store all my car stuff and get working on home repair, lawn care, car care at my discretion. I've never been so pumped to go to Lowes or HD on a Sunday for stuff in my life, LOL. Before winter my car and hers will be all cleaned up though.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...usually, after it RAINS, which isn't all that often....of course, a ten-inch rain in Arizona means ten-inches between the drops, which ends up just splatting the dust (wink,wink)
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
TONY TAT2

Re: (Old Tele man)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

At least once a week,the yard where I work is a dust bowl,thay used crushed/recycled concrete. The area between the front & rear doors get the most dust.So thru the coarse of a night theres about 100 tractor trailers stirren the dust around. The dust really did a number on my old TransSport
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

OK ... Nice weather, healthy trees/birds. BOTH Vibes parked outdoors = lots of car washes :o Resurrecting an old thread here 8-) I had to upgrade my company van from the older 2007 to a new 2012 and one half of the garage bay got used for inventory & stuff during the switch :x This meant MY Vibe sat outdoors. YEP, the birds noticed this and began target practice :twisted: Oh well, for now, BOTH Vibes are getting washed weekly even if not driven :? :? Otherwise I'd say they get washed once every other month.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

I wash it once or twice a week, depending how often it gets dirty and what the weather looks like. I always put a few hours aside to wash, spray-wax, shine, clean windows, vacuum, etc. Try to look it looking like new at all times, it's just so rewarding and I find washing my car to be therapeutic.
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
FootScoot

Post by FootScoot »

I wash mine when it needs it. I normally keep a cover over it, as it does sit in the driveway all the time. Works wonders for keeping the bird doo off of it. ;) I do need a new cover though, as the one I'm using is for the Corvette I used to have, and doesn't quite cover all of the rear. :D
Old slot racer. 2009 Vibe GT owner
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Very old thread... with names that have not appeared here in a long time. OK, well, wash the Vibe when I get a chance in Winter... mostly on "warm" days when the temperature gets up over 35 to 40F. If it gets really nasty, and it stays cold, then I take it to a touchless car wash a few miles away to try to keep the salt from eating it up too much. But normally outside of Winter, I wash the poor thing when it needs it.

This is off subject, but I do wax it in the Spring, then right before we get to the warmest Summer temperatures and of course again before the cold weather sets in. Paint seems to be holding up very well for an 08. Was a little worried about it with all the comments about the iffy paint quality, but so far the Vibe's exterior is still looking pretty good.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
Nyx8

Post by Nyx8 »

I take mine over to the "pay n' power wash it yourself" bay over at our local gas station every weekend. For 3 bucks it's cheap and I get the job done right myself! :D
~*Nyx*~
2014 Dodge Challenger SXT V6, approx 200 miles
SOLD - 2006 Pontiac Vibe Base 1.8L, 62k miles
SOLD - 1996 Pontiac Firebird V6, 94k miles
SOLD - 2004 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2L, 45k miles
SOLD - 1989 Pontiac Grand Am V6, 100k miles