Cleaning under the engine cover

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
Burns1210

Cleaning under the engine cover

Post by Burns1210 »

What's a safe way to clean under the plastic engine cover on an 03 - 08? I keep the rest of the engine very clean, but whenever I remove that cover, I want to puke. Is it safe to spray down with degreaser and a hose? I'm thinking NO since the spark plugs are there.
2008~Auto~Platinum~Monsoon~Sport Package
TraumaForYou

Re: Cleaning under the engine cover

Post by TraumaForYou »

Burns1210 wrote:What's a safe way to clean under the plastic engine cover on an 03 - 08? I keep the rest of the engine very clean, but whenever I remove that cover, I want to puke. Is it safe to spray down with degreaser and a hose? I'm thinking NO since the spark plugs are there.
I usually clean my engine bay with simple green and wipe it down. As for under the engine cover I would do the same just be careful where you are spraying.
Burns1210

Re: Cleaning under the engine cover

Post by Burns1210 »

How can you get everywhere by just spraying and wiping? I've been using engine degreaser, or just any degreaser I have handy, spray down the entire engine in a car wash bay, and rinse on low pressure. The belt squeals for a few seconds, but other than that, no problems. I just really want to get under that cover clean. Guess I'll play it safe and just wipe.
2008~Auto~Platinum~Monsoon~Sport Package