What tire shine products does everyone use?

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
robdog

What tire shine products does everyone use?

Post by robdog »

What brand tire shine does everyone use that gives the best gloss and lasts a decent amount of time? I use Maguires gel stuff. It stays on for a while even through rain but does not have a super high gloss.
03, Abyss monotone GT, 6 disk changer, moon and tunes, Cargo mat/nets, power package, side airbags, AEM Short Ram Intake, Borla exhaust , 35% tint all around, F1 strut tower brace, debadged, 17" Excel rims w/ federal ss595 tires.
ragingfish

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use? (robdog)

Post by ragingfish »

Same stuff here...last applciation lasted almost a month...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
SuDs

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use? (ragingfish)

Post by SuDs »

i got the turtle wax wet shine, just spray the sucker on, leave it for a few minutes and it's better than brand new, it also smells like cherries so it makes the shining experience even better. could last me for 2 weeks before it begins getting dull. so that's what i use.
msmyer

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use? (SuDs)

Post by msmyer »

I use Black Magic Tire Wet Shine for my tires, it usually lasts about 2 weeks!
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
Hot Vibe

Post by Hot Vibe »

I am not much of a tire shine guy on the Vibe since the wife drives it everyday. On the Vibe and on my show cars I use ZAP cleaner that I get from Sam's club. Becareful it eats through your cloths. It is perfect for getting breakdust off of the rims. The less you have to scrub the longer that coating will shine on the rims. I do not even have to use a scrub brush anymore. I use a separate sponge and make sure the rims and tires are nice and soaked before I spray it on. You can almost spray it on and power hose it off. I use a sponge just to make sure. Makes the chrome shine without having to worry about putting some mothers on.
Just here to lend a hand to people who have questions about their Vibe.
Stang2Vibe

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use? (Hot Vibe)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Lately I've been using Black Magic Tire Tint. It was on sale at Advance Auto for a while this summer so I decided to try it. It is a gel that is applied with a special foam sponge that comes with it. The blue sparkly tint in it looks good with my Neptune Vibe. It comes in a few other colors, too, like silver and red. It lasts about 2 weeks for me as well, depending on the weather.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
redlava

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use? (Stang2Vibe)

Post by redlava »

I went the cheap route, Amor All tire foam. It works well for about a week then begins to fade. Definately don't travel down any gravel roads. I went down to visit a relative like three days after I cleaned my car and my tires were WHITE with the gravel dust.
trocar

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use? (redlava)

Post by trocar »

Just a tip. The Black Magic Tire Wet is one of the best tire products. If you sray it on and let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe it gently with a rag and then spray it again you will get the best look of all of the products. just make sure that you clean the rims off after each application or they become real dust magnets.
geezer

Post by geezer »

I use Stoners More Shine, Less Time. Just spray it on and let it dry. It doesn't sling off or yellow the tires and it lasts for a few weeks. I don't like it too shiney so I only use one coat -- two coats will really shine though.
XRS 6-speed, Cosmic Blue, 17's, AEM Short Ram, Hidden Hitch
ragingfish

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use? (geezer)

Post by ragingfish »

Stoner makes great products!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Raptor-vibes

Post by Raptor-vibes »

Maguires Gel is the cats (removed) but if I'm going out on the town and really want that stop,stare,and ooooooooo! affect I use Meguires (HOT SHINE) tire spray! It makes the tire look wet for days.
My 2004 Is One Mean Vibe!!!!!
VforVIBE

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use? (Raptor-vibes)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by Raptor-vibes » I use Meguires (HOT SHINE) tire spray! It makes the tire look wet for days. I've just used the hot shine and found it splaters on the paint... did I just not give it enought time to dry?
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Kamikaze

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use? (VforVIBE)

Post by Kamikaze »

I like the hot shine by meguire's, usually I spray it on an applicator, and then apply it to the tire... I only use that stuff when I'm showing off... otherwise I think I have some of that black magic crap... not impressed with that stuff.. but it's cheap.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
bull77

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use? (VforVIBE)

Post by bull77 »

I just bought the meguires hot shine spray -- it lasts a lot longer, and looks better, than the amourall stuff I was using.It probably wasn't dry enough before you left --- I've done that before and left stains on my driveway
Whelan

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use? (bull77)

Post by Whelan »

Problem #1. Do you put wax on a dirty car? No, so why put tire dressing on a dirty tire. Water is not gonna cut it, when you wash up the car and get to the wheels, take a brush and rub the tires, clean off the grime and dirt. If they are really bad, then some Simple Green will do wonders. This is directly connected to how long the dressing will last, how well it stays on the tire, and how good the shine is. Cleaning the actual tire with some carwash soap or simple green gives you a good base. And remember it's rubber so the dressing needs to penetrate and be rubbed in. Some people spend 3 minutes on tires, when you should be doing at leat 7-10 properly.Meg's Hot Shine Spray. Works better than the foam. Spray it on to cover. You do not sit there until the whole tire is covered. Think of it like spray painting, two coats won't kill you if done lightly to cover everything. Then with a rag you wipe the excess. The spray on the car is not from the stuff on the tire as much as it is from the excess caught in the ridges and lettering and near the rim. Be sure to use two rags if need be. One to get a good even coating and be sure like with polish and plastics, to rub in the product instead of just letting it sit. Then use the other rag to wipe the excess.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
asburydan

Post by asburydan »

I've been using Black Magic for the first time this summer and really like it. Thanks for tips on how to make it even better.
asburydan - moved from Vibe to 5th Mustang.
Whelan

Re: (asburydan)

Post by Whelan »

Glad to have helped out That and it irks me to see other names listed in this forum section as most recent poster, LOL. Call it my OCD with it, but I keep seeing your name and thinkin there is a new question, LOLOL!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

i'm pretty old school... i still use 'no touch' tire stuff and i'm happy... i don't have to worry about putting on tire shine stuff on a dirty tire. i just spray on the tire and that's it
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
LittleRedRebel01

Re: What tire shine products does everyone use?

Post by LittleRedRebel01 »

I use Black Magic Tire Wet
My Vibe Little Red Rebel
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My youtube Account
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I use Wesley's Bleche White to clean the tires while I'm washing the rest of the vehicle. I spray it on the tire and let it sit for a minute or so. Than I use a scrub brush and scrub the tire really well. I rinse the tire off and do a second spray, scrub and rinse. The most important thing to remember about Bleche White though is that it is strong stuff. I have read about it eating away the coatings on wheels, etc. I have never had an issue with it because I make the sure the wheel and tire are soaking wet before I use it. I also make sure to give the entire wheel well and even the outsides of the wheel well area a thorough rinse after using it on the tires.

Once the vehicle is dry, I use Meguiar's Endurance Gel to get a bit of a shine on the tires. I use a sponge applicator and add a small amount of the gel onto it and rub it into the tire really well. This is one of those products where the more you add, the shinier the tire will be. I do one coat because I like a nice black tire with a slight shine, but nothing too crazy. Using only one coat, I usually do not see any "sling" down the sides of the vehicle and depending on the weather, the shine will last at least a couple weeks.

I have tried other tire shine products and I have not had the great results with anything else that I get with the Endurance Gel. I am a diehard Mother's fan too, so you know this stuff has to be good :shock:! Oh... and it is grape scented so it smells really good too :D!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
lexicon

Post by lexicon »

303® Products developed the world’s first UV-screening treatment. 303® sets the industry standard for UV protection on virtually any surface. 303® Protectant was created for the aviation/aerospace industry to protect rubber and plastics against UV and ozone degradation.

303® specialized cleaning and protection products are designed and formulated to be used on a wide-range of surfaces including all rubber, vinyl, plastic, fabric and leather materials

I use this, some have had issues w the actual spray bottle....
2005 VibeAutomaticStockNon AWD125 hp model