My friends drew on my car windows

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
tkenway

My friends drew on my car windows

Post by tkenway »

With that window marker crap. How do I get it off? It's all over my hatch window and back windows. I would like to remove it and have been unsuccessful thus far.

I would prefer not using anything rough, abrasive, or otherwise damaging to the car and you guys have been really helpful each time!
kumquat

Re: My friends drew on my car windows

Post by kumquat »

tkenway wrote:With that window marker (removed). How do I get it off? It's all over my hatch window and back windows. I would like to remove it and have been unsuccessful thus far.

I would prefer not using anything rough, abrasive, or otherwise damaging to the car and you guys have been really helpful each time!
Actual window marker? Any standard glass cleaner with ammonia should work.
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

You can also use fine steel wool on glass (not paint!), available at your local big box hardware store in the sandpaper aisle.

Razor blade scrapers will work, but be careful not to dig the corner of the blade into the window.
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
tkenway

Post by tkenway »

kumquat wrote:Actual window marker? Any standard glass cleaner with ammonia should work.
I'll try this first.
ehoff121 wrote:You can also use fine steel wool on glass (not paint!), available at your local big box hardware store in the sandpaper aisle.

Razor blade scrapers will work, but be careful not to dig the corner of the blade into the window.
And then this, depending on if option one fails. Thanks, guys!
jake75

Post by jake75 »

You could also try a windshield deicer - it is alcohol based which is a solvent as well. Shouldn't do any harm.

Next option is something like "Goof Off".
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Water boy

Post by Water boy »

I would use 90% alcohol.
47,891 Added new horns
47,900 Yokohama Avid 205/55-16 $492.40 drive out w/TPMS rebuild kits
69,036 Added sound deadening
70,395 Battery
106,019 Yokohama YK580 205/55-16 $589.19 drive out
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I would start with a razor blade along with some window cleaner. If that doesn't work, I'd keep trying some different liquids along with the razor blade i.e. rubbing alcohol, WD-40, etc. If all else fails, a clay bar should probably work pretty well. I've removed paint overspray from vehicle windows with a clay bar before.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tkenway

Post by tkenway »

So far, it hasn't worked. Due to the beautiful NE Ohio winter weather, I fear it's beyond help.
jolt

Post by jolt »

Try Bon Ami powder cleaner. I use this on my windows. Do NOT use Comet Cleaner, as Comet will scratch the glass. Bon Ami is good at getting the windshield crystal clean. Here is a link so you use the right stuff: http://www.bonami.com/

You could try that Goof Off solvent for removing marker from painted wall and then finish with the Bon Ami power.