plastic exterior trim

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
Gorjes

plastic exterior trim

Post by Gorjes »

Ive cleaned it w meguires black dash and trim restorer. It gets instantly blotchy. What gives? I mean far away it looks amazing....up close, not so much! Do I just need a few more applications? Any insight appreciated. Weather temp is 64ish. Not done on hot plastic or in direct sun.03 GT bottom trim cladding
Never frown, it could be the moment someone falls in love with your smile.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Im guessing that the surface isnt completely clean, so it may not adhere to the plastic. I would say give the cladding a really goos cleaning before applying any more. If you want some REALLY great stuff for your cladding tray a product called Refinish Restorer. I applied it to my cladding back in January and its just starting to fade. Doesnt wash away with rain. Mkaes the cladding look BRAND new. Awesome product. Not cheap though, about 50 bucks a can. If you plan to keep your Vibe for a while & keep the cladding freash it really is the only way to go outside of painting LOL. Do a search in here and there is a thread dedicated to it.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Gorjes

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by Gorjes »

Thanks cptn. I followed the link for refinish restorer but it said the site is underconstruction. Any other ideas how I can get my hands on that stuff?
Never frown, it could be the moment someone falls in love with your smile.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Try Ebay or Amazon. I checked those sites trying to find it cheaper, it turned out to be just about the same. Good luck!
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
goodvibesGT

Re: plastic exterior trim

Post by goodvibesGT »

You need a good all purpose cleaner (APC) from Meguiars or Chemical guys website. Follow the ratios because its very concentrated. Wipe down the interior in a premixed spray bottle and use microfiber rags. It'll get all that stuff off well. I like Meguires Natural Shine (get at any auto store) in combination with this. Don't buy anything not made for interiors or you'll fade the plastic in your car. If you are tight on money then use warm water, very soft bristle brush and a few drop of clear dish soap to wipe it down then apply protectant - not the shiny stuff ;)

No Restorer lasts long. Don't believe the hype. Fades by chemical reaction with sun and other contaminates, so it's a band aid but does the job for a bit.