Road crew dust all over the Vibe !!

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
Blueridge9

Road crew dust all over the Vibe !!

Post by Blueridge9 »

I just need to ***** about the street dust all over my Vibe! A crew has been repaving our street all last week. First they removed the old surface on one half of the street which did need to be fixed but WHAT A DUSTY MESS! I park in a short driveway near the street and there is noway to avoid it. A day later they remove the other side and redust my Vibe. The next day I come home and they are spraying tar and I would have driven my Vibe into my backyard to protect it but there is a fence in the way. This really makes me wish I had a car cover since I don't have a garage. At lunchtime I had to drive home to get something and I parked 3 blocks away and walked home to protect the Vibe.Anyway they are done now and the street does look great but I'm going out to wash the Vibe AGAIN. Grrrrr
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whelan

Re: Road crew dust all over the Vibe !! (Blueridge9)

Post by Whelan »

California Car Duster is your friend. Also invest in some Meguiar's Quick Wax.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
tribalman

Re: Road crew dust all over the Vibe !! (Blueridge9)

Post by tribalman »

yeah, this summer was the worst for road repairs. usually i would wash the vibe once a month to keep it looking nice. i washed it twice and within a week it was covered in dust and wasn't worth it. now that it's winter i'm not doing my full washes but take to a place and rinse it. hopefully spring will come soon and i can do a full wash.
None. Vibe is gone.