5 hours...

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
jkm311

5 hours...

Post by jkm311 »

...of washing and detailing my Vibe and my wife's Malibu Maxx today. I am friggin' exhausssssssssssssssssssssss... WHOA! Sorry, I fell asleep on the keyboard for a second there. it would have been even longer had I not done a thorough clay-baring last time. Ugh.Don't get me wrong, I *LOVE* clean cars, but I didn't even get a chance to do the interiors, and I am whoopppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp...
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Re: 5 hours... (jkm311)

Post by vibenvy »

LOL! You sound like me last weekend after I did a full detail on my mom's GT. I washed it, dried it, clayed it, washed it again, dried it again and than put one coat of wax on on Saturday. Let that "cure" overnight and than put the second coat on on Sunday. I was going to detail the interior too, but I just didn't have the energy. Thank goodness I only do this full detail twice a year .I am doing the same thing to mine this coming Memorial Day weekend. Should be fun since the temperatures are supposed to be way warmer than when I did my mom's .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I did a wash/clay/wax last thanksgiving & I was wiped out from it. I dont really like washing my car but I love the results from a job well done. Hard work but the Vibe looked better than when i bought it. Want to do it once again before rainy season begins, but the wheather is awfully hot this time of the year....not sure if I want to torture myself in the hot Florida sun lol.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Husband and I are thinking of actually taking advantage of the hot sunny weather... detailing the cars while in our swimsuits! Tanning and pretty cars at the same time, good thing we don't live on a busy road lol. Gonna need lots of sunscreen though, four hours outside is a long time...
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
AdmRose

Post by AdmRose »

Washed/detailed mine today...found yet ANOTHER bag from the previous owner wedged under the back seat on the driver's side...great cleaning job dealership. Also finally posted a photo of her!
2004 AWD Vibe - "The Indignant"- Traded in 7/9/12
2010 Honda Insight EX - Current ride
jkm311

Re: (AdmRose)

Post by jkm311 »

Judging on how beat up I was yesterday, I need to start working out, just to detail this thing properly for our meet in July! Either that, or just do the exterior and put "DO NOT ENTER" signs for the interior.
Steelies to the rescue.
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

You people kill me. I washed my car...once.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
Sputnik

Re: (beemerphile1)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by beemerphile1 »You people kill me. I washed my car...once.I wash mine about once a year. I like my car and all, but I have better things to do. I do appreciate a nice shiny car when I see one however.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
1SC

Post by 1SC »

Here is what a did of my week-end. I do detailing as a side-line during week-ends. Don't want anyone to feel ashamed of anything. I just like doing it and I can make money out of it, so it's alright.Saturday : washed, polished, glazed than waxed a 2008 black F150 CrewCab. Also vacuumed and did a quick interior cleaning.Sunday AM: wash a really dirty 2008 Ranger inside and outPM : washed my mom's G6, then tryed my new carpet cleaner in this car.Today AM: washed, then polished, glazed and waxed a 1998 RangerPM : washed my Vibe, then waxed it with the Ultimate Quick Wax from Meg's. Makes my car look like a just spent hours polishing it.Now, I really need to sit and/or sleep.I'm already booked for the next 3 week-ends, 2 cars per w-e.I always take before/after pictures of every car I detailing if anybody wants do see them.
jkm311

Re: (1SC)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by 1SC »I always take before/after pictures of every car I detailing if anybody wants do see them.Do I! HOTDOG, send 'em along! On the serious, I love B & A car photos after some serious work has been put into them. Please post your photos. Thx!
Steelies to the rescue.
TONY TAT2

Re: (jkm311)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

I'll get a few pic's of my 78,it has black & green alge growen on it & spider webs on the tail lights. I drove it in2 work last night,I had to wipe off the windsheild etc to see,has a good coat of pollen all over it ! New guy in work asked me if that "Primered" Vette was mine/lol,I said ya, but it's actually silver.
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
1SC

Re: (jkm311)

Post by 1SC »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Do I! HOTDOG, send 'em along! On the serious, I love B & A car photos after some serious work has been put into them. Please post your photos. Thx! I'll do it when I have a minute.I have a big 2009 Sierra 2500HD to do this PM when I get home from work. This is a good one for before/after. It's a delivery truck with almost 150 000 km already and not even a year old. Then, I have 2 Caddy CTS scheduled to detail this week-end.