Product advice

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
mr. freeze 04

Product advice

Post by mr. freeze 04 »

Looking for a tint-safe window cleaner. Also looking for a method for removing the adhesive that gets left behind from the dealership widow stickers that won't harm said tint.
vibolista

Re: Product advice (mr. freeze 04)

Post by vibolista »

The easy one... I use Invisible Glass, which is supposed to be tint friendly. It hasn't scratched or harmed any of my tinted window.The tough one... Do you know what type of tint is on your car? It might pay to take you Vibe to a window tinting shop and see what they would recommend to take the sticky adhesive off without scratching the tint.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
mr. freeze 04

Re: Product advice (vibolista)

Post by mr. freeze 04 »

thx for the tips, i'll take it by a tint shop this weekend.
scherry2

Re: Product advice (mr. freeze 04)

Post by scherry2 »

the place I had itnt my vibe said almost any spray window cleaner will work as long as it doesn't have ammonia in it. I've been using windex without ammonia-d for 7 years with no problem.
vibenvy

Re: Product advice (scherry2)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »I use Invisible GlassI have been using Invisible Glass and newspaper on my tinted windows for almost a year now with no issues whatsoever. To remove the adhesive, I would suggest a little bit of WD40 on a towel. Gently rub the adhesive with it. It should come off pretty easily and not harm the tint. Than just clean the window really well using your cleaner of choice. Quote, originally posted by scherry2 »the place I had itnt my vibe said almost any spray window cleaner will work as long as it doesn't have ammonia in it.I was told the same thing. I like Invisible Glass because it's basically just water so it doesn't leave streaks or anything.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage