paint issues

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
beanzsl2

paint issues

Post by beanzsl2 »

ok so, i have a question, there is alot over spray on my vibe around the headlight area, on the flat lip at the bottom, its black VHT, from when we first experiemented with the lights.. and i was wondering is there any products out there that will pull off that stuff, and any other stuff, without having to scratch it off, or damage the paint. there is already enough scracthes on the car
dinkers123

Re: paint issues (beanzsl2)

Post by dinkers123 »

Use a clay bar. You can get them at any auto store, if it doesn't work you may need a more aggresive clay bar but I don't think they sell them in stores.
vibenvy

Re: paint issues (dinkers123)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by dinkers123 »Use a clay bar. You can get them at any auto store, if it doesn't work you may need a more aggresive clay bar but I don't think they sell them in stores.A regular clay bar should work just fine. I have used one before to remove overspray from a car's paint and it worked great. It may take a while depending on how thick the overspray is, but eventually it will remove it all.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
beanzsl2

Post by beanzsl2 »

thanks for the info guys, i just got my buddy to professionally buff the car, most scratches came out, and all the **** is goin with it, the car looks better then brand new, the stages we are doin to this thing are insane, this car is literally brand new looking paint with a car show shine. you can shave in it!! lolpics will be posted when other half of car is done
vibenvy

Re: (beanzsl2)

Post by vibenvy »

Glad to hear it !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by beanzsl2 » this car is literally brand new looking paint with a car show shine. you can shave in it!! lolI'm clay barrin mine tomorrow. I KNOW it'll make a huge difference, as the previous owner didn't do squat to maintain the paint
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

well its about 95% done! jsut some bumper work in the front, sand scuffs gotta be done on roof, and one patch on the hatch! but other then that it looks amazing 100 thousand times betterhere is the link letme know what yea guys thinkhttp://s651.photobucket.com/al.../vibe/
jkm311

Re: (07vibegxp)

Post by jkm311 »

Pics look great. Keep up the good work! What products are you using, specifically. The Meguiar's line is popular with many folks on here. Myself included.
Steelies to the rescue.
beanzsl2

Post by beanzsl2 »

pftttt meguiars...no no boys, if you want a shiny car you dony use stuff from a local store.i use 3M, or stuff from Detail King, or car Brite
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Quote, originally posted by beanzsl2 »pftttt meguiars...no no boys, if you want a shiny car you dony use stuff from a local store.i use 3M, or stuff from Detail King, or car BriteProffessional stuff, I take it? Where would we non proffessionals get this, if not from a local store? On line someplace? The results in your pictures look really good! Post the whole car in a picture when you get it all done.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

yes extremely proffesional stuff. depends on where your budget is... but here is some links...http://www.3m.com/intl/ca/http://www.de ... ite.com/3m, and carbrite is more consumer friendlydetail king only offers large kits, for when you open a shop.. but if you have the cash laying around they have intense kits!!!most "good" kits or products can be bought either online, or at a local warehouse
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

there is really no more pics other then those..the rest of the car was not as bad as the roof..basically the whole car looks like the pictures of the reflection in the paint.. really all that needs to be done is some lil patches. and some sanding scuffs.