Quick Detailer or Spray Wax???

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
cptnsolo77

Quick Detailer or Spray Wax???

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Whats the difference? Last month I washed/claybar/waxed & im looking to keep the Vibe looking good between waxes. Looked at Meguiars Quick detailer & spray wax....whats the difference?
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
dinkers123

Re: Quick Detailer or Spray Wax??? (cptnsolo77)

Post by dinkers123 »

quick detailer is for quick cleanups in between washes. sort of a waterless car wash when you have a light dusting, and spray wax is just an easier way to quickly wax your car.
Whelan

Re: Quick Detailer or Spray Wax??? (dinkers123)

Post by Whelan »

Although Spray Wax doens't really WAX a car. Meguiar's Quick Detailer is just that, for when your shiny, clean, waxed auto gets a dusting and you wannt remove the fingerprints and spot marks. Two microfiber towels one for application the other for the removal/drying. used with a California Duster first to remove quick surface dust helps a lot in keeping the process quick and simple. You can actually tell a good wax job when you apply this for the first time. If the product starts to streak and leave darker shading marks (like an oil or gas stain) then you know you did an uneven wax job. Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry runs in a family of spray waxes. They are similar to the item you get when you go to a carwash and get the wax they apply after the wash/rinse cycles. Then it is washed again to remove the excess product. When washing a car at home you would apply after the final rinse on your car, spray it on an area, then chamois or waffle towel the area dry. Few advantages to note;1) Car dries faster2) Leaves that smooth feeling on the paint, essentially rejuvinating the wax already on there.3) Adds protection and longevity to your wax job.Whether you like it or not, once you start washing your car, even with automotive designated soaps, you strip a little bit of wax layer. This product benefits by helping to keep some of that layer and leave your car with the just waxed smoothness you are used too. It can allow your wax job to last anywhere from 1 to 3 months longer if used properly and regularly. An unwaxed car will show little effect other than the illusion of being smooth for about a day or two. It is also good to note that the application of such items while the car is wet can help to keep the water beading while drying to avoid waterspotting.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
vibedrivermatt

Re: Quick Detailer or Spray Wax??? (cptnsolo77)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

uhh I've tried both. I mainly got the detailing spray to use as a lubricant for my mothers clay bar because I ran out of mothers detailing spray. The meguiar's detailing spray worked just as well for this. Ive also used meguiar's quick wax. The stuff works good. Its not the same result as spending most of the day clay baring your car and then doing a full wax but to make it look good in a hurry it does the job well.