Refinish Restorer - For all the Plastic Cladding its amazing!

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
Kamloops

Refinish Restorer - For all the Plastic Cladding its amazing!

Post by Kamloops »

I own a Vibe as well as an Avalanche. On the Avalanche forums owners are ranting about how good Refinish Restorer is to make all the cladding look new and get rid of the tiger striping.I bought some and wow, it is amazing so I decided to try it on my Vibe cladding as well. Made it look new. Its goes on so easy. The second coat really makes it looks good, and a little goes a very long ways.Reports show it lasts and very long time, over a year.Here is a thread on it. http://www.chevyavalanchefancl....htmlHere are some before after pictures.
KNINE

Re: Refinish Restorer - For all the Plastic Cladding its amazing! (Kamloops)

Post by KNINE »

That looks really good. I'll have to try it out. Do you notice any streaking when it gets wet. I've tried other products that look good until it rains, then they streak and look terrible.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Kamloops

Re: Refinish Restorer - For all the Plastic Cladding its amazing! (K-NINE)

Post by Kamloops »

No streaking after rain. No waterspots....rain beads up like the surface is waxed. The difference between RR and Armor All-type products.... it won't streak down your paint, it is not washed off by the rain or car wash, and it lasts a LOT longer!
KNINE

Re: Refinish Restorer - For all the Plastic Cladding its amazing! (Kamloops)

Post by KNINE »

Where can I get it?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

That's not a rigged photo!?!?! That stuff is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm monotone, but good lord, I'm going to tell anyone I know with plastic cladding about that. Just imagine seeing it in person. Awesome find!!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Kamloops

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Kamloops »

No not rigged. Lots of before after pictures over on the Avalanche site.http://www.chevyavalanchefancl....htmlMy avalanche was not to bad, but man does it look sweet now. I did two coats and you get a nice satin finish. Just use an applicator pad and wipe it in. Dont need much.You can buy it here online. http://yhst-13811118617756.sto....htmlI bought two cans of it for $33.00 CAD each in Calgary Canada. Places that supply auto paint shop supplies should carry it. The Vibe looks awesome as well , have done 2 coats but may do a 3rd on it. I love the idea that it lasts. I used 303 on it after it dried and WOW!
KNINE

Re: (Kamloops)

Post by KNINE »

What's 303?
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

WOW! those before & after pics are amazing! I guess you didnt realize how faded they were until you used restorer huh? As long as it doesnt wash off after it rains its well worth the price! Im planning to do a full detail when rainy season is over here in South FL & im definitly including that product. Faded cladding makes the car look like crap!One question though, does it leave a oily residue?Bump to the top, great find!
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Kamloops

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by Kamloops »

Here is another happy guy with before after pictureshttp://solid-orange.com/267
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

And I was just starting to like my Zebra stripes
June

Post by June »

Any idea on how well this stuff would work on interior plastics?
June04 Neptune Vibe, Auto, Monotone, Moons/Tunes, 43k
Whelan

Re: (June)

Post by Whelan »

Wow! Even I'm impressed by that. Almost makes me want to go get a car with cladding...almost. Good find and be sure to put up pics of the Vibe!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I guess no one has used it on thier vibe yet?
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
Ace Barker

Post by Ace Barker »

I use it on my Avalanche as well. I had the Armadillo treatment and it worked well but after about a year it went bad. Then thought about Gatorback until I ran across the plastic refinisher on the Avalanche site. In fact your photos sold me enough to buy a can from http://yhst-13811118617756.sto....htmlI am going to use it on the plastic of my 09 Vibe GT. My neighbor used some on some plastic on his Mustang GT. He was amazed. Ace...
1939 Master 85 - What a basket case! Cool 348 with 3 2bbls though. Will be black!1990 Cub Cadet 1541 - Yellow and Cream. It's a Garden Tractor. I guess I should paint it black.1999 Lumina LTZ - Black2004 Avalanche Z-71 - Black2007 Sky Redline - Silver Graphite - Ordered black but this one came in and wife said she was tired of black. 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT - Black - Daughter resurrected the color!!!!
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

This thread should me stickied!
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Agreed !
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I am ordering a can of this stuff right now
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Be sure to post before & after pics !
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
Barrett

Post by Barrett »

I'm gonna have to get some of this as well for when I clean up the Vibe in the spring. +1 on the "it should be stickied" thought.
vibedrivermatt

Re: (Barrett)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Hey I was impressed by those pictures so I just ordered a can of this stuff along with some other detailing products. I got it for the side cladding pieces on my 09. Its getting kinda faded and bad looking.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Well I finally bought my can & I HIGHLY recommend it! My cladding looked absolutely terrible from the hot Florida sun. Honestly now it looks like it was painted over with clear gloss. Just amazing. My Vibe looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. We have had two days of rain & the water just beads off like freshly waxed paint. No signs of running off whatsoever....NOTHING. Very easy to apply, just make sure you have a clean surface. I used dish soap. After it dried i wiped with alcohol & microfiber cloth. Apply with those microfiber wax applicators and two coats will do it. This is the real deal. Buy it ! its a little pricey, but well worth it.I will post pics when I get the chance.
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »I will post pics when I get the chance.sigh...
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

hahahahahahaha!
http://
Piggy

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by Piggy »

Really? Nobody has pics? This is a Vibe forum, I don't want to see trucks here Any current link by chance?
lannvouivre

Re: Refinish Restorer - For all the Plastic Cladding its ama

Post by lannvouivre »

SIGH! Here's your pic!

I used Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant (Natural Shine Protectant works too but isn't as shiny), but they should work about the same. Guess which side is the before and which is the after!
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
acvw74

Post by acvw74 »

Wow! How long does this last?
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

acvw74 wrote:Wow! How long does this last?
Inquiring minds want to know! My cladding is in dire need of some restoration, should I hold out and try to find Refinish Restorer or is the Meguiars stuff up to the task? Big fan of all their products.
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
trtlflwrs

Post by trtlflwrs »

My dad had a Honda Element and he swore by Mother's Back-to-Black... no streaking, etc. It was easy to find a few years ago, but I haven't had the need for a plastic restorer lately. Maybe try that if you can't find the RR?

Anyone have any positives or negatives on Mother's?

I need to find something to pamper the interior details with, my car is starting to look "lived in". ::sigh:: But that will have to wait til school's out!
2007 sun & sound, preferred pack, 5-speed, mono Abyss with metallic blue pins... oooh aaaah
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Lots of people here have used Back to Black over the years. I haven't ever tried it though...

Looks like Refinish is available on ebay, if only it took out scratches and dents from someone backing into the bumper I'd be all over that. :evil:
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

acvw74 wrote:Wow! How long does this last?
I don't know yet, the cladding's all covered in dirt now from dust and rain. If it stops raining, I'll see if I can wash my car this week.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

About a month later, it was still in pretty good shape and had only faded a little. I compared it to a spot where gasoline had dripped onto the cladding and stripped off the protectant, and the cladding around the drip was still pretty dark, but not as dark as it was before I applied it. It would probably last better if I hadn't gotten rained on, and if I actually parked in a garage.