Grr.

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
roadsidemessiah

Grr.

Post by roadsidemessiah »

So- I've put a lot of miles on my vibe in the year I've owned it. Somewhere to the tune of 20k. (I'm still trying to figure out where I went that was 20,000 miles away-but that's neither here nor there)...Anyways- this year, I was hoping really badly to detail my car. Like... intense Whelan style detail- however, what I'm running in to is... I have no where to detail my car. The only places I have are driveways. I don't know anyone that has a clean garage I could detail in and I can really only detail in a driveway during the day- when it's sunny- and blah,blah,blah. So- what I'm wondering is- that in mind- what are my options here? I'd rather not pay for a full detail, because...well, I enjoy doing it myself- and I can do it for the same or cheaper. Anyone have any knowledge of places that rent bays and allow you to detail your car?
First: 1988 Toyota Camry DE with over 300k at junk dateSecond: 2000 Mitsubishi Galant with 150k at trade inCurrent: 2009 Pontiac Vibe Base
jake75

Re: Grr. (roadsidemessiah)

Post by jake75 »

If you lived in Columbus I'd have a deal for you - use my garage - fee is you could wax my car too.Any covered parking garages where you are? Here there are even covered spaces at the airport - cost a little more per day than the uncovered. Any shopping centers nearby that have parking garages. They might ask you to stop if they see you but that's a risk. My brother bought a trailer at JCPenny years ago and was putting it together in a remote part of the shopping center lot - not bothering anybody. The rent-a-cop that patrolled the lot made him stop.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

If worse comes to worse, look at those tents you can put up for car shows and stuff. I don't know how much they are, but they becomes useful for a while. It will keep the sun out.
keithvibe

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »If worse comes to worse, look at those tents you can put up for car shows and stuff. I don't know how much they are, but they becomes useful for a while. It will keep the sun out.I have one of these that are brand new.100+shipping and it's yours http://forums.backyardturbo.co...t=143
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.